It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Church Kidnaps Teens, Holds Them At Gunpoint As A 'Lesson'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by nightstalker78

"Watch : Terrifying Lindsay Lohan face Morph" next to it.

That may actually be one of the more credible things spewed from the MSM as of late.

More then likely some parent didn't agree with it and made a big stink.

I think the parents are just as guilty as the faux nappers. Thing is, they should all probably be charged. I also wonder if what the parents signed up for was described accurately beforehand. Probably, but you never know.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

I don't even think it happened the way the article says it did.I'm pretty sure they all knew it was happening.But in America today ONE parent decided to make a big deal about and claim they didn't know what was going on.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
dbl pst
edit on 2-4-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

And that's why you don't go to church!

edit on 2-4-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I don't understand what everyone is upset about. Isn't this what Jesus would do?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I can't wait to hear about their lesson about how kids in other countries have to worry about bombs being dropped or drones firing hellfire missiles.
That should be a doozey!
Is this something like Scared Straight where they take kids to local prisons to show they what it's like in the big house?

Crazy world we live in ......

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

According to the laws of the Land, this is kidnapping, and abuse of a minor child. Even if it was designed as a "joke," or an "exercise of faith," I don't care, laws were broken, and children were terrorized. Prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law, in MHO.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have an idea, a strange inkling if you may....

Remember those idiots in your school, maybe your neighborhood? Well they are old enough to make some serious decisions now, an we are just watching each an every moronic one unfold.

Lock yo Doors, Hide yo kids! Hide yo Wife, they making everyone Stupid up in here!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240
I would be curious to see if any of the parents would approve this......

I sure in all hell wouldn't!
Who the hell in the right mind would approve of this? Scare your child half to death and put them through this kind of situation? I understand having a lesson that these kind of things happen to missionaries and you need to be ready for it if you want to be a missionary ... but not even telling the kids or some of the parents?? What if one of the kids had a hidden health condition and scaring them like this killed them? It DOES happen. It could set off epilepsy or heart issues ... it could set off mental health problems.

Absolutely insane.

edit on 4/2/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Yeah I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you aren't agreeing to the kidnapping, it's still kinda kidnapping. Sort of like rape.

Given the involvement of a church, it wouldn't suprise me if rape was the original intent but they changed their minds at the last minute.

These people, at the least, are that brainwashed into thinking their beliefs are "good" that they have no problem resorting to evil to achieve their goals.

We had a cop here a few years ago charged with false imprisonment of a 15yo boy due to his brainwashing by a church also.

www.adelaidenow.com.au...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticCryptid
reply to post by MoosKept240

The claim was that it was to teach the kids about religious persecution in foreign countries. The pastor himself said (in response to the unwilling participants' awareness) that the people who suffer this kind of thing daily don't know that it's going to happen either (paraphrasing him).

So basically, it's teaching them that people get kidnapped.

So if you don't vote for Rick Santorum that is what the secular atheist anti-christian state is going to do to you and your families!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
in Pa.... yep.....in Texas, the man with the gun could get shot. in the first 20 seconds....

or Montana, Wyoming Oklahoma.......

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
OMG how could they at the very least not think of getting the kids parents permission before?

How idiotic do you have to be? I have trouble comprehending the stupidity in this story...
edit on 2-4-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

really??...you have trouble comprehending ultra-religous institutions? you need to get out more, start in the southern states, there is plenty of fresh religous stupidity there

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What exactly was this suppose to teach the kids?

How to be kidnapped? I mean, really what was the point?

why does the word "fetish" keep coming into my mind when i read about this? these people need to be taken to an institution for a few days and have a full psyche evaluation run on them, before they go on trial.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Knowing it wasn't real after the fact, does not change the physical trauma your brain goes through during the fact and won't stop post traumatic stress. What lunatics, I hope they're charged with kidnapping, child endangerment and child abuse. Idiots.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am aware of similar "exercise" conducted by FEMA, and kids/parents were not informed about the exercise. Maybe the church just performed a "pre-training" session lol

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
I have trouble comprehending the stupidity in this story...
edit on 2-4-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

Well, they ARE Christians.
The sad part is, some of those teens will probably bow down to the fear they're feeling and use it as a justification that the rest of the world is evil and out to get them and that the only "good" people are the members of their particular church. And thus, the cycle continues.
These tactics work, especially on vulnerable kids who don't know better and are easily manipulated.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

What exactly was this suppose to teach the kids?

How to be kidnapped? I mean, really what was the point?

The exact, intended point of this was to get them to have a deep, subconscious psychological fear of anything that does not agree with their church's teachings, and a fear that will grow up with them unless they're broken off from the Christian brainwashing as soon as possible.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Its ridiculous what some think is ok. how could they possibly have thought this was ok.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The funniest thing was that this was a lesson about "religious persecution in other countries". Could they not think of a better way to explain it then taking away the actual physical freedom of a bunch of teenage kids? There's plenty of historical and modern examples of such persecution.

This is so dumb that it defies explanation, it really does. I hope everyone involved on the Church's end ends up with some kind of jail time, see how they like having their freedom taken away.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I'll be more than happy to single out Churches and be outraged at them taking the role playing scenarios of terrifying things WAY too far with kids. It's only right to be mad and this IS wring to be doing. The kids have enough without overgrown children replaying scenes of Cops and Robbers. It's not cute and kids are traumatized.

I'm just a little mixed about running out half cocked at another Church when the Public Schools have been doing this at various places around the nation since the Columbine massacre. The public schools are just as wrong....I just don't see why we're playing the Church aspect of this up when they're just one among the crowd of authorities who thinking scaring the life out of citizens is acceptable.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join