It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Foreign workers in Iraq be "Chipped"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
One solution to the kidnappings/beheadings currently occurring in Iraq may be to electronically mark all foreign workers.

Should one be kidnapped, Special Forces could track the individual(s) to the terrorists hide-out, and once and for all put an end to these atrocities.

The Attorney General of Mexico and his staff have been chipped for a similar reason.

any thoughts.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If I was there, I'd sign up for it! (about the only damn reason)

Good idea....
Wouldn't that be funny...they start the tape, and then are surrounded by US GIs, hehe....and then stripped, handcuffed, and stacked in a pile!

Kidding....sure a little insensitive, but I really care nothing for these pri**s doing these kidnappings....

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Problem is, the kidnappers would get wise. Say you put it in their hands. You suddenly get videos of one-armed hostages.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I agree with your sentiments regarding "chipping".

Perhaps the mere announcement of a program may be enough of a deterrent, as thge terrorists could never know who was "chipped", and who wasn't.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Problem is, the kidnappers would get wise. Say you put it in their hands. You suddenly get videos of one-armed hostages.

As sad as it sound all this horrendous beheadings I could not stop from laughing at this.

You're right these terrorist are not stupid and they keep up with the news and newest technologies, indeed it will be a lot of hostages missing body parts as long as they don't put them on the heads.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well the idea is that you'd put it in various places internally. The point is, it's mostly one group doing this, so it just might put an end to it. At worst, it would certainly make them think twice about it...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yeah, now they will just wrap their hostages in aluminum foil to avoid detection.
But anyway they work for the US government most likely, given the evidence, and conveniently these hostages keep coming at "just the right time," such obvious psyops. The fat white guy in the first beheading, the plastic chairs identical to those in the Iraqi prison, and the IPs of the videos traceable to the USG, are just too many glitches.

Besides this whole chip story is such an obvious 666 kinda thing it should give you the eebeejeebees. It might be good to find dogs and keep track of mad cows, but there is something degrading and humiliating about having a chip ID. It just feels bad, even without the apocolyptic overtones. It reduces people to being cattle, merchandise on the shelf, if you really think about it, objects of the government.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I guess if it works and they are not tortured into telling is located it may work.

Remember terrorists are good at torturing and inflicting other bodily harm without killing the hostage.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
i would do it.

but i would also carry a gun, always, in the open. that should be enough deterent, and if it's not, the aftermath would be.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think chipping would be a good idea but only if it was a secret. If the terrorists KNEW that the hostages were chipped they could make a much bigger tragedy out of the event. They could lure special forces to the area where the victim was being held and then detonate a bomb and wipe out the entire rescue unit.

The chip, if kept secret, might work the first few times, but I think that eventually the terrorists would use the chip to their advantage.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The fat white guy in the first beheading

I assure you he was not some kind of agent, to perpetrate a hoax... I know Lockheed employees who knew the guy very well, as well as the family who is now without him. These are REAL people being abducted and killed. REAL people who are attempting to get the Iraqis up and running again as a country...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You people are idiots.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Once the word gets out that the electronic tracking device can be found in your leg, arm or hand etc. you'll see the kidnappers chop off limbs and toss away the devices resulting in even greater horror.

Hmmm, instead of tracking devices, how about you just leave Iraq all together? The insurgents, which i call regular people who's lives have been destroyed by "shock and awe" bombing campaigns (roughly 50,000 civilians) are reacting based on revenge.

I mean if Saddam was to drop a few bunker busters at my local city hall and one of them happend to land in my neighbourhood, sure i would take up arms and battle the axis of evil too.

Is it not vice versa? or is the west really that ignorant?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
one who is an insurgent causes an insurgency, an uprising. no one has said they are anything but Iraqi Arabs, but some of the other groups that have kidnapped and killed people are from other places, like Egypt, etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Chip the terrorists, and let them think they escaped. Use the chip to track them to their hideout/s and then..well I'm sure your imaginations can figure out the rest.

[edit on 24-9-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You people are idiots.

Why? If you are going to insult me at least give an explanation!

Let me guess, have you been hanging out with Teresa Heinz Kerry recently?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If he had been hanging with Terry, he would have said that we are idiot scumbags that should "shove it".

just goes to show you, money can't buy you class.

new topics

top topics

join