It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t Take the Bait – The Race Bait – It’s the Oldest Trick in the Book

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
al sharpton, jessie jackson, NAACP. holding on to past injustice and racial bigotry and acting like it is still the 1900 south. screaming and hollering about black children are unsafe in america blah blah blah as if every other race in america is out there saying "we need to go lynch us some N-----s". just trying to stir the pot to anger black people into donating to their "charities" so they get paid.

sorry i'm getting home from work and i guess i should have been more clear

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I find this thread offensive.

Also, you are the one baiting.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

You’re offended by what? The truth?

What could possibly be offensive by pointing out the bias in crime reporting?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I am sorry, but you are wrong. White people, women or girls in particular, are the one that usually end up in national headlines. Now that a black kid has died and his killer left untried its all of a sudden "Media Bias" when it gets picked up by national headlines. That, in my opinion, makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

al sharpton, jessie jackson, NAACP. holding on to past injustice and racial bigotry and acting like it is still the 1900 south. screaming and hollering about black children are unsafe in america blah blah blah as if every other race in america is out there saying "we need to go lynch us some N-----s". just trying to stir the pot to anger black people into donating to their "charities" so they get paid.

sorry i'm getting home from work and i guess i should have been more clear

AHHHHH…that’s not what I thought you meant. I’m glad I asked for an explanation!

These folks are race baiters! It’s all BS that they're drumming up. Are there racial crimes? YES, but they go both ways (more one way than the other) and the side that catches the brunt of the blame has to bite its collective tongue for fear of being called racist.

If people want racial equality then certain races need to start equally contributing to society and stop race baiting when 1 out of 9 racially motivated crimes happens.

It is what it is….I can throw down plenty more statistics if need be!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I am sorry, but you are wrong. White people, women or girls in particular, are the one that usually end up in national headlines. Now that a black kid has died and his killer left untried its all of a sudden "Media Bias" when it gets picked up by national headlines. That, in my opinion, makes no sense.

I didn’t see any examples…have you heard of the cases I pointed out in the OP?? Where is the Black Panther indictment for voter intimidation?

Post a video of the president pointing out a black on white crime. I’ll wait……

By the way, Zimmerman has been charged with NO CRIME yet this is a nationwide story. It seems like a self defense case unlike the crimes I presented in the OP. The police sent it to the DA and the DA decided that there was no crime. Should we set a new precedent here and keep putting public pressure on a DA until the black community gets its indictment?

edit on 1-4-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Post a video of the president pointing out a black on white crime. I’ll wait……

First off, how about you post a video of the president pointing out white on black crime.(this statement is a trap since the president did no such thing)

By the way, Zimmerman has been charged with NO CRIME yet this is a nationwide story.

By the way, that is why this is a nation wide story.

Should we set a new precedent here and keep putting public pressure on a DA until the black community gets its indictment?

I think we should put pressure on the DA to do their jobs as correctly as possible.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Don't be naive! Sharpton says “Don’t blame ME for being effective” as he intentinally stirs the racial hatered!

This is what this POS Sharpton does for a living!!! Don’t be deceived!!!

Sharpton will be responsible for ANY violence as a result of the Trayvon incident. He is a race baiter calling for (CALLING FOR) civil disobedience!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
the race bait? 90% of america has already been caught, boated, filleted and thrown into the frying pan.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Never once in my life, at least as far as I can remember, have I ever heard Al Sharpton utter one word on anything. I don't watch TV so if he is on there a lot I wouldn't know.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It's offensive because the people on this site ARE biased because they don't know all the details.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Never once in my life, at least as far as I can remember, have I ever heard Al Sharpton utter one word on anything. I don't watch TV so if he is on there a lot I wouldn't know.

then i would suggest you get to know the good rev before you try to argue the topic

facepalm.jpg

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah

reply to post by seabag

then i would suggest you get to know the good rev before you try to argue the topic

facepalm.jpg

I have heard people speak like Al Sharpton is implied to do. I don't know why having lack of experience with one man precludes me from the topic at large.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So you admittedly know NOTHING about Al Sharpton yet you quickly found my thread offensive, you claim I’m wrong, yet you present nothing to contradict my OP or support your case???

Goodbye!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
People's lack of knowledge of Sharpton doesn't denigrate the fact that the OP speaks about that which it prescribes against.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

It's offensive because the people on this site ARE biased because they don't know all the details.

So ALL of the people on this site don’t know the details? Details of what?? We’re all biasd towards what??

This site is the FIRST to expose the details of EVERY relevant story.

Tell us how we don’t know the details about what I reported on in the OP; dispute what I’ve presented…share with us ‘THE TRUTH’ that we’ve supposedly overlooked.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

So you admittedly know NOTHING about Al Sharpton yet you quickly found my thread offensive, you claim I’m wrong, yet you present nothing to contradict my OP or support your case???

Goodbye!

Oh, I understand. You make a thread about people who are "vocal" about (insert race) on black crime, but not vise a versa. Okay, well you probably have an argument there.

However, what I find offensive is you seem to be taking words of a few individuals and broad stroking it on to entire populations.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Seabag I been thinking about the same thing....I think its brain washing into a state of denial. We have been told all of our lives that we are not to stoop to that level of thinking and are told/brainwashed we are all one people. This isn't the case. While most people have turned a blind eye to reality and watch reality TV others like those you mention have a large audience to exploit hate against the white man, against American core values and refuse to live and let live. I will speak for my self and say I have never owned slaves, bought slave Negro's or Mexican's and have always cleaned my own house and done my own yard care.
On the other hand those who have sat in on Sharpton or Jackson and the like walk away with a sense of receiving a message just for them. Filled with hate or condemnation or sympathy for the sake of their skin color. Why in America in this century would anybody need to be privy to such a message.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

So ALL of the people on this site don’t know the details? Details of what?? We’re all biasd towards what??

This site is the FIRST to expose the details of EVERY relevant story.

Tell us how we don’t know the details about what I reported on in the OP; dispute what I’ve presented…share with us ‘THE TRUTH’ that we’ve supposedly overlooked.

Your knowledge of the case isn't special. Don't flatter yourself.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Having been adopted when I was a very young infant, I believe I am somewhat uniquely qualified to speak about prejudice. With no records regarding my heritage, I can say that I have what appears to be Hispanic or similar biological lineage, but was raised in a distinctly Caucasian home. My adoptive parents were born before 1930, and were part of a very different culture. Neither of them had the smallest bit of prejudice within them, but they had to learn not to use certain words, phrases, and inferences. I was taught that any form of prejudice was among the worst of sins, and therefore grew up with many friends of many races completely unaware they were any different from me.

Then when I was 18, the father of a girl I was dating put a stop to the relationship and told me the reason was because he didn't want his daughter to wind up marrying a Mexican and then he would have "that kind" of grand babies. Somehow, I had missed it, but when I began looking back at my life there was instance after instance where I had been denied a privilege, an invitation, or other slight. Why I think my situation was unusual is that I realized I had been ostracized by EVERY racial community. Anyone (white, black, yellow, etc) who had a problem with Hispanics did not care for me and the Hispanics believed I was either arrogant or worse because I apparently thought I was white.

Believe me, a LOT of pieces began to fall into place. But I was raised/taught better than to return hatred or intolerance for the same. My friends were and continue to still be the same mix of all the above. To say I am a "man without a country" is a fair and applicable description. I watch the battle between the White, Black, Hispanic, Oriental, etc. communities and can make little or no sense of it. If a white man wants to be unhappy with another man because he's dark skinned, try being neither one! I can honestly say I never lost a second of sleep over the color of my skin, even after I found out it seemed to make a difference.

What must be said is that the arguing itself is the greatest danger of all. Through it all I discovered a great distaste, which I have to consciously fight to keep from becoming animosity, for those who believe they are entitled because they may be black or privileged because they are white or any variation of such sentiment. The argument that our government is either too stupid or simply too incompetent to perform in certain situations is appropriate here as well. The ones "leading" ethnic wars and confrontations are oblivious to the damage they are doing to their cause, and the result is tearing this nation apart. Mr. Jackson and Mr. Sharpton must be blind to the image they project by constant warfare and unending accusations. Keep in mind that by this same logic, no other race has the right to judge another by the color of their skin, but isn't part of humanity making judgement on one another's behavior? If someone spends their life on the verge of violence due to their "lot" in life, isn't it also fair to say they are potentially doing irreversible harm instead? How much farther would they be if they applied the same level of energy (hate, discrimination, reverse discrimination) towards actually bettering themselves instead of whining that someone else may have it easier? No one is immune to this criticism. There are those in the rest of the world who will never have the opportunity to have it as good as the worst of us in this country. The worst of it in this country is still pretty intolerable, though. We need to reach out and help those who truly cannot help themselves. Maybe a medical condition, a mental difficulty, a learning challenge, poverty, and more can prevent people from excelling, and we can all be of better character for helping them.

Stop whining. Do something CONSTRUCTIVE with your time, energy, and talents or just get out of the way for those who will not destroy the future or will have to repair the destruction you are leaving in your path. As a leader, if you are sincerely incapable or seeing the negative impact of your actions (again, black or white--it doesn't matter), then you are either too stupid or incompetent for the role you have given yourself and you need to turn it over to better ambassadors before it is too late.

Or would you prefer to be correctly labeled as damaged goods, a criminal, a thug, or better yet, a traitor to your cause rather than the asset you lie to the mirror about? Remember, this applies to all races, and as someone who has nowhere to go and no one to claim him, I say get over it and then.....get over it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join