In the USA - The End of Free Press and the end of forums.

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
In this thread hear on ATS www.abovetopsecret.com... people are discussing the fact that NBC was caught selectively editing the Zimmerman 911 Tape. NBC has started an internal investigation to find the culprits.

So let us run this through a logic filter.

Highly trained, professional news people, part of the free press, decide to alter a 911 tape that is out in plain sight in the public domain and they think they can get away with it. What, no ones going to notice! Utter BS.

This is not the first such case. Get ready for a few more in quick succession. Some will be internal, some will be international.

After the US Elections the Puppet of the United States (POTUS) stands up and announces:-

My fellow Americans,

The free press in this free Nation has let us down. Not once, not twice but on many, many occasions they have altered the news to fit their personal agendas. Given unto them is the task of keeping us all informed on critical matters. We cannot allow so few to lead so many down dark paths into the pit of despair.

This very morning I have signed into Law a Puppet, ooh, sorry, I mean a Presidential Directive to ensure the continued honesty and accountability of our free press.

I am not giving this task to a Federal Agency, that would possibly interfere with the freedom our press enjoy, so basic to our First Amendment.

A council appointed by me will appoint News Integrity - New Journalistic Advocates or NINJAs to ensure the accuracy of every story, small or large, from huge broadcasters down to tiny one man operations and I assure you that you will only receive the news that you deserve.

Thank you suckers!

Can't you guys see it is coming. The last nail in the coffin!

P

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I was really excited to read this post until I can across the name Zimmerman. News in print on the tv or online has always been slanted. It can't be avoided. Anyone ever seen the movie Rashomon? The truth is seldom just handed out. It's something that must be searched for, worked for, earned. Reporting has always been slanted people just have gotten more lazy about getting to the truth in the matter.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
I was really excited to read this post until I can across the name Zimmerman. News in print on the tv or online has always been slanted. It can't be avoided. Anyone ever seen the movie Rashomon? The truth is seldom just handed out. It's something that must be searched for, worked for, earned. Reporting has always been slanted people just have gotten more lazy about getting to the truth in the matter.

I agree with your sentiments but not your conclusion. A totalitarian state needs total control of the media. This is how they will / are doing it.

That this is a mistake - crapola.

P

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Free Press in today's world is an oxymoron. There is nothing free about it, at least the major news outlets, NBC,FOX,CNN,Rueters,AP,BBC,CBC,CTV and on and on. The press has been bought and paid for a long time ago.

You remember the movie Network? The two clips that pretty much sum up the world( and this movie was made in the 70's when there was still a semblance of a free press) are the these...

Those words were so prophetic. The lines....

When the 12th largest company in the world controls the most awesome god damn propaganda force in the whole godless world, who knows what **** will be peddled for truth on this network.

That's where we are today. There is no more news, it's infotainment brought to you in a 24 hour cycle meant to keep you entertained. The particular channel you watch will determine what infotainment you hear.

They don't even have to techinically tell the truth. As long as it is "opinion", it's is fine as long as it isn't libelous.

www.firstamendmentcenter.org...

Does ‘freedom of the press’ mean the news media can say or write anything they want?

Unless restricted by a valid prior restraint (which is rare), the news media are free to publish any information or opinion they desire. This freedom, however, does not immunize them from liability for what they publish. A newspaper that publishes false information about a person, for example, can be sued for libel. A television station similarly can be sued if it broadcasts a story that unlawfully invades a person’s privacy. Because such liability can be staggering, most journalists strive to exercise their freedom to publish in a responsible and ethical manner.

The reporters and editors at my local newspaper are highly biased. Is there a federal regulator who should know about this?

No. Under the First Amendment, newspapers and magazines can publish information as they see fit, biased or not. If published information is libelous, the publication can be sued by the person claiming to be libeled. But the federal government does not and cannot regulate newspaper content.

I'll leave you with a link that everyone should see. It goes to the first point I made about infotainment and the clip I posted with the quote from the movie...

www.cjr.org...

Browse around that link for a while and see how concentrated media is world wide.

And a couple of quotes...

“Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one.” A. J. Liebling

“To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement”

Thomas Jefferson

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Now a question for you. In posting to this forum, are you posting news! In fact, what is news? It is not the big boys they will come after. It is you and me. Its the campus newspaper. Its the neighborhood flyer.

The big boys are already in the pocket.

Its you and me that they want to stop.

P
edit on 1-4-2012 by pheonix358 because: add

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I do see your point. getting the truth is a whole lot more work these days than it should be. Too few people with too much control. At some point aren't we are responsible for questioning what we are told. The news is like wikipedia any so and so can say what ever they want but you better research it yourself before you go quoting it as the god honest truth when you use it in your term paper. But again I see your point but until we can change the access to true and unbiased information,all news regardless of the source should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So you have to guarantee the news. You stop others from giving inaccurate news. Very soon you control the news.

Governments have been trying to do this for decades. The internet surprised them. They need to control it. They must stop forums just like this one.

They are trying with their army of Drones and Trolls. That's not working for them. They tried Legislation. That didn't work to well. They must keep trying because they must control news. It is essential.

They will keep trying. Be vigilant. Remember how they work.

P

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It stopped being free the day it was branded...

The 4th arm/branch of the government

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I appreciate your satirical acronym, the government is good at coming up with benign sounding, though otherwise Orwellian acronyms for legislation and such. Excellent example being "P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act".

I get that what you did is satire, but the sad thing is that Ninja or rather N.I.N.J.A. closer to reality than it should otherwise be. The fact of the matter is that there is no ignoring the power of marketing. Initials and acronyms allow a sort of "branding" that can totally gloss over the content.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
edit on 3-4-2012 by Sphota because: Double post...

new topics
top topics

join