It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we as a civilization out-grown god?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by spy66
When it comes to the question of a creator, even Stephen H. must surrender to the theory of philosophy. He has not yet presented any proof or evidence that "without doubt" can reject a creator.

When it comes to religion we face at least two major problems. And that is human intervention. And human interpretation. Religion might be right and true. But our interpretation is wrong.

Prove a negative?

I believe everything is energy. That energy evolves. That thought is creative energy.

I will NEVER call it god. I doubt Hawking will either.

Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

"Spontaneous creation is the reason why there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist" articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

edit on 2-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Does it really matter what Stephen calls it, or science? A name will not change anything if they talk about the same source/thing.

You say that energy is everything. Well i dont think it is.
Have you ever asked your self if energy can be infinite? It cant be, because energy is not a constant and never can be. The infinite is a constant and will never change unless it wants to.

That means that energy is a whole different dimension than the infinite is.

Stephen mentions spontaneous creation? Where did the spontaneous creation come from?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Both and neither. God is our interpretation of that which we don't understand. Its not wrong to search for mystical answers. In my opinion, the natural world as we know it is a mysterious mysitcal miracle.

I believe the mystical is simply science that is yet unknown to us, or rather it is known to some of us who have had hands on experience with it, such as shamans. I also believe in our continued existence after the death of our physical bodies, but do I dogmatically follow archaic scriptures and subscribe to irrelevant, outdated and in some cases blatantly ignorant teachings, no.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Does it really matter what Stephen calls it, or science? A name will not change anything if they talk about the same source/thing.

Hell yes it matters. It is NOT God. I am well aware of the "trick" to call it God. Not interested.

You say that energy is everything. Well i dont think it is.

Well stay tuned. I was listening to a Talk Radio show - - - the guest was a scientist stating exactly that.

I was driving on the freeway and was unable to write down his name. But I'm sure we'll be hearing more about this in the next few years.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Enjoy your heaven on earth then.

When you die you will goto hell.

By that I mean you will cease to exist.

Have fun in your non existence with Christopher Hitchens and the rest of prideful arrogant humanity.

I'll be in paradise.

Good bye.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And let me just post a few Proverbs, just for good measure, and for peace of mind:

7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

Read it and wheep. Nonbelievers who are dying and on there death bed and cry out GOD, JESUS I DONT WANNA DIE!! Guess what? You had your chance. God will not answer. You will perish.

Good riddance.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
And let me just post a few Proverbs, just for good measure, and for peace of mind:

Why would I care.

Or be interested?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Enjoy your heaven on earth then.

When you die you will goto hell.

By that I mean you will cease to exist.

Have fun in your non existence with Christopher Hitchens and the rest of prideful arrogant humanity.

I'll be in paradise.

Good bye.

I have never read or listened to Christopher Hitchens. Have no idea what he thinks.

Hell? That is your belief.

Paradise? You can believe whatever you want. Its still just a belief.

Typical God believer. Have no answer - - go for the intended insult.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You wouldnt because your too much of a fool to realize your perishing and the only way to NOT perish is through the Gift of God, and like an arrogant little pissant child you are slapping the gift out of the hand that's offering it to you.

I have no patience for ignorance.

God bless you Annee.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You wouldnt because your too much of a fool to realize your perishing and the only way to NOT perish is through the Gift of God, and like an arrogant little pissant child you are slapping the gift out of the hand that's offering it to you.

God bless you Annee.

Again - - typical God believer.

Have no answer - - no realistic logical debate - - - go for the intended insults. Happens every time.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hell yes it matters. It is NOT God. I am well aware of the "trick" to call it God. Not interested.

It matter, but its not God???? Well you can call it what ever you like. It will not change, no matter what name you put on it. You understand that right?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It matter, but its not God???? Well you can call it what ever you like. It will not change, no matter what name you put on it. You understand that right?

But you can make up whatever word you want.

I prefer Hawking.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

God bless you Annee.

What pious arrogance. People like you make me want to puke. Keep your rubbish to yourself. If I knew you personally I would take pleasure in taking you down a couple of notches believe me. Your holier than thou attitude does no favours and brings no credit to your dogmatic faith, it simply displays the wilful self satisfying ignorance you people are capable of indulging in. If there is a God then he certainly does not look upon your arrogant ilk with favour.
edit on 2-4-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

of course he does.

And I would smile in your face while you attack me.

Just like the early Christians martyred by the romans, I would love you as you viciously attack me.

Bless you.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

of course he does.

And I would smile in your face while you attack me.

Just like the early Christians martyred by the romans, I would love you as you viciously attack me.

Bless you.

Again you display your utter ineptitude.

A fine example of why many people wish to live free form the pious bonds of judgemental arrogance.

A fool of the highest order you are.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

No i disagree, we have not outgrown God, religon yes but never God. God will always be there. Technology means nothing to the faithful.
reply to post by Haites

I would agree with your assessment. I think more and more people are questioning religion, but still believe in God, or a supreme creator. I think it's a positive trend rather than a negative trend. People are starting to evaluate the hypocrisy of religion and the use of it to justify wars and killing.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

Quote your book at somebody else, you hide behind it like a hypocrite, quick to point out the failings of others, quick to hide again behinds it's sayings.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
Most educated adults today would agree on the fact that religion is the cause of most of the world's problems. The bible is bunk. We didn't get created by a man in his own image. I'm sorry if this is news to you.

Sorry, but that's not "news". That is your "opinion", nothing more. An opinion that the vast majority of the inhabitants of planet earth disagree with. 1/3 of the earth's population consider themselves Christians, add in the world's other religions and nearly every person in the world believes in a creator God. It is only a very small and very vocal minority that doesn't believe, and they love to throw their opinions around like they are proven fact when they absolutely are not.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

*poof*

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join