It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA CONFIRMS Monsanto ecological Disaster: GMO Corn has bred Mutant, bT-resistant Super Bugs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
the insect version of MRSA!

As published in the WALL STREET JOURNAL,

online.wsj.com...

Here's a living example where Monsanto Bt Corn (GE spliced with Bacillus thuringiensis DNA which provides an in-plant pesticide on rootworms and caterpillars)... has FAILED and the corn plants have lost pest resistance in the WORST way: the rootworms, earworms, and caterpillars in subsequent generations have developed a mutant strain RESISTANT to Bacillus thuringiensis which had never yet occured before Monsanto splicing the Bt into Corn genes and upon consumption passing on a Bt resistant strain in subsequent generation.

Great, just great, way to go Monsanto, now farmers cannot rely on the the natural Bacillus thuringiensis toxin naturally present in the soil to help keep earworms & rootworms at bay... because Monsanto's bT GMO corn has passed on a mutation for resistance to bT toxin to them

same thing likely eventually happen Monsanto GE bees resistant to this herbicides, pesticides, & parasite - it will likely pass on resistance into the parasites, ie to herbicides/pesticides - not just resistance TO the parasite by the bees.

Monsanto - getting away with one mutant ecological disaster after another

www.dailykos.com...

EPA: Monsanto GMO Corn Failing, Resistance Evolving

Severe crop damage to GMO Monsanto BT corn from rootworms which have developed resistance to BT has prompted the EPA to issue a memo to Monsanto demanding a remedial action plan that includes using conventional pesticides, crop rotation and GMO crop free refuges. Because GMO corn, and Roundup used on it, accounts for 41% of Monsanto's profits, Monsanto's stock price plunged on the news. Monsanto continues to claim that there is no scientific evidence of developing resistance despite EPA's memo and multiple EPA confirmed reports from multiple states.

^ hey the last part of quote in bold sounds alot like InfiniteLoop!

The EPA has determined that resistance to Monsanto's BT genetically modified corn appears to be evolving in the rootworm population. Monsanto appears to have not expected such rapid failure of this GMO crop, which was just introduced in 2003, to control rootworms. EPA has determined that Monsanto's response to performance failures it cannot explain are inadequate.

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Isn't it about time we completely shut these monsters down & hold some accountable?? Study after study is proving Monsanto to be nothing but a disaster to our planet and its inhabitants..... so what would they have to do to be terminated? Maybe once half the planet is sterile? Even then they'll probably just pay off the "authorities", ignore the plight of humanity while eating their now-rare organic foods.

The greedy elite are like roaches that will never die off.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

If this is the case then the FDA or US Government should hold a Moratorium on monsanto asap.
If this corporation keeps going the way it is we are all doomed!
edit on 1-4-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Isn't it about time we completely shut these monsters down & hold some accountable?? Study after study is proving Monsanto to be nothing but a disaster to our planet and its inhabitants..... so what would they have to do to be terminated? Maybe once half the planet is sterile? Even then they'll probably just pay off the "authorities", ignore the plight of humanity while eating their now-rare organic foods.

There's the exact problem: They have their tentacles in the government to the extent that they can ignore and/or neutralize the EPA. They can apparently even influence the judicial branch. Common sense from a few judges would have crushed them long ago, and yet they thrive like their damn invasive crops.

At some point money and power and influence won't be enough. I'm just hoping that time comes before it's too late....

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is what happens when scientists know just enough to manipulate nature, but not enough to understand the devastating consequences of their actions. Monsanto allows them to splice genes and set the monstrous creations loose in the environment because they hope to take over the entire food supply and everything related to it, and the only way to accomplish that is to replace everything that is natural with copyrighted, gene-manipulated lookalikes.

Monsanto scares the hell out of me.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What popped into my mind upon reading this: that pic "Jesus Facepalm-when even Christ has given up.."

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
First thing that came to my mind, was the line by Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park I believe it was...

Life will find a way

I think it stands to reason, it will indeed, with or without us!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
People do not realize how serious this is. At some point this will reach a critical mass and have a cascading failure effect on world crops. We are literally fighting a war for our food supply. Monsanto, Syngenta, and others need to be stopped and stopped hard ASAP!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
First thing that came to my mind, was the line by Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park I believe it was...

Life will find a way

I think it stands to reason, it will indeed, with or without us!

Well, yeah! At this rate--without us!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Originally posted by Raelsatu

There's the exact problem: They have their tentacles in the government to the extent that they can ignore and/or neutralize the EPA. They can apparently even influence the judicial branch. Common sense from a few judges would have crushed them long ago, and yet they thrive like their damn invasive crops.

At some point money and power and influence won't be enough. I'm just hoping that time comes before it's too late....

It will come when American farmers start pulling their heads out and burning their fields like the farmers in India have done. I can tell you if I was a farmer and they sued me out of business in one of their shame courts with bought and paid for judges I would have made it my personal mission in life to destroy them!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Monsanto V.S Darwin, Darwin wins...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

"GMOs are now acting much like the deadly virus and pre-cancer type cells they are made from... by infecting other organisms that were once pure and healthy."

if you are OUTRAGED at Monsanto's poisoning our food and with it our health, please call and write your legislators. Demand that they fully endorse: "H.R. 6636 (GE Right-To-Know Act), an immediate moratorium on all GMOs and their byproducts, FDA change their findings on GMOs as being "Generally Recognized As Safe" (this was done with zero testing by the FDA), demand a full investigation into the criminal conflicts of interest as it pertains to the head personnel of Monsanto and the FDA being one in the same, demand congress pass a "whistle blowers protection" for all professional scientists in order to end direct or indirect intimidation by corporations, universities, colleges... or government.

Science should never be a result of intimidation:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Good videos. Unfortunately writing your legislators will not help as to many of them are already in Monsanto's pocket which is how Monsanto has gained so much control over the commercial food supply. It will only stop when we refuse to buy their products and farmers refuse to plant their abominable seed and people are willing to destroy any GMO crop that is planted period like the people of India.

I feel a sudden rash of crop circles coming on....

edit on 1-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
OP, thanks for posting.

I have a question. Is staying away from soy beans and not eating corn enough, or can we literally not eat meat because the animals are being fed GMO product, therefor GMO ends up in most meat supplies unless grass fed?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It's getting to the point where I really wanna start growing my own food but hell I don't even trust seeds anymore.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I can't believe Monsanto is still legal! Just the other day I heard they bought a GMO bee company and might make bees that would ONLY pollinate their own crops!

www.stltoday.com...

How can this possibly not be a crime against nature/humanity/whatever. The highest crime possible

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

If this is the case then the FDA or US Government should hold a Moratorium on monsanto asap.
If this corporation keeps going the way it is we are all doomed!
edit on 1-4-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

FDA and Monsanto are in the same team, didn't know that?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
What popped into my mind upon reading this: that pic "Jesus Facepalm-when even Christ has given up.."

I'm thinking more...

[SNIP]

But seriously, everything was in perfect balance, a natural balance where the best strains of crops would flourish the way God Intended. Even cross-breeding would provide different types of food, hybrids that would survive colder temps or extended drought; but genetic engineering? Do we really need tobacco plants that glow?

They thought it looked cool.
The arrogance of man...
edit on 4/2/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Offensive Content
edit on 2/4/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Lol and I see people here demanding the end of the EPA. So if the EPA is gone, who will sound the alarm at least against giants such as monsanto? The industry will regulate itself, sure thing. Goddamn shills.

edit on 2-4-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
AAAAH

*brakes his freaking keyboard*

I've had it with Monsanto, in the past i've did threads on Monsanto but i can't anymore.

It enrages me to the point i could beat a couple dozen of holes in my wall.

Where do we take this rage, anger and knowledgde about Monsanto?
What are we going to do with it?
Just whine some more on the internet?

Seriously we need to burn this cancer to the ground.

Destroy everything that is Monsanto and yes i'm serious.
I'm this freaking mad.

@*&#$^*@!&$ Monsanto, mark my words.... YOU'll BURN!

edit on 2-4-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join