It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Oil for Food' Barter Trades Begin to Get Around Sanctions on Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You'll certainly get no argument out of me on the greed aspect, or on the lobbiest aspect, but neither could be construed as an American invention, greed goes back thousands of years. Maybe another one to lay at the feet of Pandora.

We also agree on the craziness of a world utterly dependent on oil, but there again, we're talking about powerful lobbies and their preferential treatment by those who hold the monopoly on money creation. None of what you're proposing (whatever this new technology may be) would be possible unless and until that money monopoly is broken and the huge cartels like the oil industry are disbanded. Can you see that happening?

So where you and I differ is apparently on the potential for a reboot of America's "greatness". You seem to think doing an end run around the greedy ba$tids to develop new industries is possible. I wish I could agree, but IMO that has always been impossible because the people who would have to fund such an enterprise would do exactly what their system was set up to do ~ choke out real competition and buy up or steal the ingenuity of the inventers. That's why no one's been able to do such an end run thus far. And even back in earlier times when there were prohibitions against such naked power grabs, the power grabbers were working quietly behind the scenes, collaborating with Wall Street and sell-out politicians and building and building and building their empires while choking out any upstart competition.

You say its time and I say we're OUT of time. I would love to be wrong. Make me wrong, please.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I have to agree with both you and SplitInfinity on much of what you 2 are relating.

My 2 cents? There is no chance of a resurgence of America as a great nation. Like Rome, it is falling under greed, corruption, power grabbers and moral decline.

The way the upper class looks down at the rest is quite clearly a sign of attitude shifts in humanity. Our history on this planet has been a short one but we never would have survived to this point if we hadn't at some time in our past worked for the common good. A collective if you will.

We have always had those that wanted more than they need and they have always been taken down through revolutions and uprisings. This is the only way the elite will be taken down again. Exposed, stripped of their Worldly wealth and a distribution of that wealth to the rest in need of just a home, food, health etc. Basic human rights and needs is all most of us ask for. And that's the REAL problem. We shouldn't be in a position to ask for what is a right.

Thanks to both of you for your contribution in this thread.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I agree with what you post but I know there are the rich and powerful then there are people....like the ones who I occasionaly work for...who could take the initiative on certain aspects of release since they are at a Classification level above a President except as I mentioned a President like George Bush Sr....who despite some criticism....was a Great Man...and the fact he fought during WWII and was shot down and ejected over the Pacific and by some miracle....was picked up by an American Sub. Do you have any idea what the chances of that are?

There is an Agency in the U.S. that was developed to be incorruptable and not allow High Tech. information to be used as a Political Tool for Campagning. This Agency was developed after the incedent at Roswell and the subsequent moving of Material and other things...to what is now called Wright Patterson AFB.

They have the ability to force change and these people are selected mostly for their ability to see a picture...and deal with certain information that once heard...can shut a person down...mentally...I have seen this happen. But...they are extreme Patriots and stay hidden and do not effect nor direct anything that goes on in the U.S. Goverment and all branches of. But right now....they are at a crossroads where they know that they can help the population of the U.S. as well as the World. But by charter...they are not supposed to.

The way this is set up is so compartmentalized that no single individual has the power to currupt this system....even contractors who are brought in KNOW not to F@%# with this Agency. But they need LEADERSHIP in the issue we discuss here as this would have to be handled by the whole of the Agency and no one person could make this decision. J. Edgar Hoover tried....and was Humbled. Imagine THAT! This is the type of power this Agency has....yet it is bount to a sacred ethic. Split Infinity

new topics

<< 1   >>

join