It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones Drones and More Drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I saw this story and it looks like we are one step closer to being completely stripped of all privacey.

BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) — Sharp-eyed dog walkers along the San Francisco Bay waterfront may have spotted a strange-looking plane zipping overhead recently that that looked strikingly like the U.S. stealth drone captured by Iran in December.

And of course

The use of drones in the U.S. by law enforcement and other government agencies has privacy advocates on edge. At the same time, some DIY drone flyers believe the ease of sending cheap pilotless planes and choppers airborne gives citizens a powerful tool for keeping public servants on the ground honest.

Here is the link to the full story

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Yea between these drones and quadra -copters, the skies will soon be buzzing. The FAA has accommodated these things also. source
I saw an article the other day where they were considering using quadra-copters to deliver food
Anonymity is so last century I guess. I bet a lot of people start shooting these things out of the sky as they buzz around their properties.

spec
edit on 1-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I really can't make heads or tails of it due to the fact that I can't see your average "Jane or Joe" holding a "Smart Phone" and launching one of these for the fun of it , in numbers that would benefit the market. I can see TPTB with their paws in the mix tho using it on the general public. Then again , yesterdays hero is tomorrows nobody and maybe it's just another decoy to take attention from the fact that we are being monitored from our phones, televisions, appliances etc.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
we need to figure out how to miniaturize emp's to knock the buzzard's out of the sky.....new patent pending

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I would make one to hunt for the intruders over my propriety haha

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Texas Equusearch used a drone to find a missing two year old. Unfortunately it was a recovery rather than a rescue, but volunteers spent three days looking for him, on the fourth day the drone found him.

Sear ch for Missing Two Year Old Ends in Tragedy

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Anyone can have a drone with a camera. Check the RC sites online. Helicopter or plane , whatever you want. They even have a way for your smartphone to control the drone. I saw a flying camera on sale at Walmart for 30 bucks. So we could even spy on the spies.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It's called skeet shooting.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The first thing the picture made me think of was our ORIGINAL HOBBY DRONES!

I have no issues with local law enforcement using drones... as long as it's ok for me to use one, as well. If they make it illegal for me to possibly mount a GO PRO to an RC glider and fly it around for the hell of it (literally a bird's eye view of your town?) then I may have something to really gripe about. Hell, it's quieter than the damned helicoptors, the way I see it... and cheaper on fuel, and safer to the public if it crashes into a rooftop.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
whats this?

top topics

join