It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are chemtrails making us 90% dumber??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I say yes. This is based on the fact that I, myself, definitely feel dumber than I did when I was younger.

I do, too. When I was 15, I knew everything. Now I know, like, only 70% of everything.

but you are now wiser - since wisdom is what you learn after you now everything

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
By calling attention to Chemtrails,
is the Industry trying to divert attention from these current stories?
It appears the industry needs a good rap or pay more in tax.
Notice how each story in the last few weeks claims climate change?
I could find links all night.
So if the industry can, claim climate change is a conspiracy, will it help their bottom line.
Lets look at the men that start chemtrail threads from the industry itself.
Why would the Contrail guys need to reenforce chemtrails, by starting threads, as I have responded to 2 so far tonight.

en.wikipedia.org...

The environmental impact of aviation occurs because aircraft engines emit noise, particulates, and gases which contribute to climate change[1][2] and global dimming.[3] Despite emission reductions from automobiles and more fuel-efficient and less polluting turbofan and turboprop engines, the rapid growth of air travel in recent years contributes to an increase in total pollution attributable to aviation. In the European Union, greenhouse gas emissions from aviation increased by 87% between 1990 and 2006.[4] There is an ongoing debate about possible taxation of air travel and the inclusion of aviation in an emissions trading scheme, with a view to ensuring that the total external costs of aviation are taken into account.[5]

www.globalpost.com...

Boeing joined a growing chorus of governments and airlines Thursday that oppose a new scheme by the European Union to charge for pollution created during flights. The EU's Emissions Trading Scheme, or ETS, will charge airlines fees for emissions, a move which Brussels believes will help curb climate change, according to Reuters.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Threat of global trade war over airline emission charges The threat of an aerospace trade war between Europe and the rest of the world has escalated after India joined China in threatening retaliation over the European Commission's carbon emissions charges.

edit on 2-4-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The Governments
are now stating the airlines
are creating climate change.

This makes it a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I might have to change my thinking
I don't want Gaul to lose is job,
I do not want to be on the side of Governments,
or the MSN!

I may start screaming Chemtrails,
they are killing us all!
I am being played like a card
I just have to figure out which one.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli
I do, too. When I was 15, I knew everything. Now I know, like, only 70% of everything.

The only true knowledge is knowing that you know nothing. All knowledge is contextual, so when you know about everything you're aware of, you think you know everything. Yet as you become more aware, you realize you know close to nothing - only things that have to do with your own life.

My ultimate point is, yes, people are becoming less intelligent by the generation and it's because of technology's glazing effect on society and consumption of new forms of media.

For example, everybody enjoys going out to see a movie.
But NO ONE can tell you how it's made unless you're in the industry.
People are ignorant of things that they even enjoy. This species is daft.

On the other hand, there are those of us who try to use technology to its full potential and absorb information as fast as we can. So, the intelligent are becoming more intelligent as access to information becomes more available, and the unintelligent become more unintelligent as technology washes over them in an entertaining haze of excess.
edit on 2-4-2012 by UnivoxSuperfuzz because: grammurr

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
And as far as the whole 10%/90% thing... 10% is what the average person uses, but there are many more high functioning people who probably use as much as 30% on average.

And if you want to be like those people, then just do what they do: pick up a book and freakin' learn.
Expansion of intelligence really isn't hard. Everyone has pretty much the same hardware; it's just about exercising our capacity and testing our limits of how much we can know. If you want to be a genius, go pick up a book on astrophysics, quantum mechanics, philosophy, learn to play a bunch of instruments, learn languages and travel to foreign countries using those languages. Learning a new subject, instrument, or language thoroughly is shown to increase by 5-10 pts. each.
edit on 2-4-2012 by UnivoxSuperfuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Nope.

YOU are proof positive that the premise is not true.

Next??

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Dunno - in the last 25 years I've forgotten about triple integrals, finite element analysis, imaginary numbers, roman society and all sorts of other really cool stuff!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Actually your not getting dumber you just push the younger bits of knowledge farther back in your mind as you get older and move forward and learn more things. Sometime you will have something that triggers those younger memories and then you say oh that's right I do remember that from my past. So no you aren't getting dumber just older and wiser.. Well at least some of us are, but I can't speak for everyone...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

No.
Public education, adoration of "political correctness," and a dreadful lack of motivation to self-educate are responsible for the credulous acceptance and unquestioned repetition of superstition, myth and make-beleive that too many accept as reality.

The only connection to "chemtrails" is that the believers are proof of the foregoing observation.

I would propose the inverse proposition, " Being 90% dumber makes more "chemtrails."

jw

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I think you are unaware that using 100% of our brain will result in malfunction, deep paralysis and hallucinations. The brain is only accessing the needed parts of itself, which represents an average of 10% of itself. This feature enables it to avoid unwanted twitches or deconcentration.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well, let's face it. Something is certainly making people dumb. It is not normal for humans to be as dumb as they currently are.

Most people these days turn to "experts" for advice on everything. They think it is the "intelligent" thing to do. The truth is, they are no longer capable of analyzing and processing information themselves, so they have no choice but to allow "experts" to think for them.
edit on 5/4/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I agree with this thread. *gasp
Either the author is dumb or trying to discredit chemtrail believers and make money at the same time.
If he has friends and he is sincere, I hope they try to help him...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

I think you are unaware that using 100% of our brain will result in malfunction, deep paralysis and hallucinations. The brain is only accessing the needed parts of itself, which represents an average of 10% of itself. This feature enables it to avoid unwanted twitches or deconcentration.

I think you are unaware that that is a load of drivel, and all areas of the brain get used for their appropriate functions regularly - as per my original links.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Gee.....me dumb.....went outside, have grocery store within walking distance......DUH!!! Me looooooked up!! Me saw "lines in sky!!"

Me saw other frilly things in SKY.....look like lint under bed....but after WOMAN swept.....reminded me of my horse mane, as he galloped in the wind.....and, as I glanced a look back at my pursuers....I spurred my steed onward!!! Undaunted by the vile offerings my foes were planing above my head!!!

(THEN, of course.....I took ANOTHER glance and....oh, 'bugger!'.....just cirrus clouds,. 'mare's tails', and the chance sighting of those illusive aluminum screaming beasts, overhead!!! Dash YOU!!! Screaming aluminum BEASTS!!! One will, undoubtedly, fall to MY sword!!!! I Predict it!!! Yah....Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well based on the handful of debunkers on this forum I'd have to say "why yes they are!!"

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

.....and, RIGHT ON CUE!!!

Thanks for Playing!!! Wow, it's been great!!! Do you like to bowl????

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

.....and, RIGHT ON CUE!!!

Thanks for Playing!!! Wow, it's been great!!! Do you like to bowl????

No (to bowling) but I like baby peas, biting my nails then spitting it across the room and lava lamps.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Lava-Lamps.

Yeah.....there was :"one time"...in the 1960s? When they were first invented???? And then, they became "popular" (for some reason)....and now are "RETRO"....which is 'OK', I guess....

......but when it comes to understanding SCIENCE.....maybe, just MAYBE it might start with understanding how the "Lava Lamp" works???

( I know.....it's like revealiing a "Magic Trick"....(many of which I know work)......OR....it is "revealing" that "religion"....in FACT....that ALL religions, are all just variations on the same concept of "MAGIC"..... and that "MAGIC" is NOTHING OTHER THAN....."slight of hand!!!! (sorry...this it the truth...the REAL truth.....hard to realize, but is a FACT!!!)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Lava-Lamps.

Yeah.....there was :"one time"...in the 1960s? When they were first invented???? And then, they became "popular" (for some reason)....and now are "RETRO"....which is 'OK', I guess....

......but when it comes to understanding SCIENCE.....maybe, just MAYBE it might start with understanding how the "Lava Lamp" works???

( I know.....it's like revealiing a "Magic Trick"....(many of which I know work)......OR....it is "revealing" that "religion"....in FACT....that ALL religions, are all just variations on the same concept of "MAGIC"..... and that "MAGIC" is NOTHING OTHER THAN....."slight of hand!!!! (sorry...this it the truth...the REAL truth.....hard to realize, but is a FACT!!!)

"Sleight of hands" but that's okay. Debunking ex-pilots aren't perfect

I still love ya
even though you follow me around and try to rile me up. But you're like an eyelash in my eye. Annoying. But tolerable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join