It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are chemtrails making us 90% dumber??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Apparently -

from The Great Culling propaganda site:

In his follow-up documentary to "What in the World Are They Spraying?” director Paul Wittenberger teams up with photographer Chris Maple to examine the relationship between the current pandemic of neurological diseases and disorders and the direct relationship with heavy metal toxicity. Framing the World Productions takes a close look into what we eat, drink and breathe and how it affects our delicate system. Have you ever asked yourself, why are we only utilizing 10% of our brains capacity? What is it that is disrupting our species neurologically? Could there be a hidden hand at work? Could it be by design?

What a curious question - since the whole "we only use 10% of our brain" thing is a myth in the first place. And of course there is no pandemic of "heavy metal toxicity" either.

By asking the question and implying some modern agency is the cause, the writer seems to be suggesting that we were up to 10 times cleverer at some time in the past (10% vs 100%) - when was it that humans were 10 times as clever as we are now??

So now we have a myth being used as scaremongering to support another money-making effort.

Why can't these people actually do some real science to support this theory, rather than preying on people's fears and insecurities???

edit on 1-4-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Why can't these people actually do some real science to support this theory, rather than preying on people's fears and insecurities???

One sells books, one doesn't.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I say yes. This is based on the fact that I, myself, definitely feel dumber than I did when I was younger. I have no idea how much dumber I've become percentage-wise, though. My guess is I'm at least 50%--maybe even 60%--dumber than I used to be.

I would not be surprised if the 90% statistic is true, though. Seems like some people I know have gotten dumber, too, but I wouldn't say that to their faces. I however, freely admit that I am probably dumber than before. I don't know if it's chemtrails or not, but something is zapping my intelligence at an alarming rate, and I'm gonna get to the bottom of it.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yep the government spray civilians with harmful chemicals, that is why all the officials walk around wearing gas masks. Hmm well I have never seen any wearing masks; I guess they have some kind of filter in their throat that stops them breathing the same air as the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

I say yes. This is based on the fact that I, myself, definitely feel dumber than I did when I was younger. I have no idea how much dumber I've become percentage-wise, though. My guess is I'm at least 50%--maybe even 60%--dumber than I used to be.

I would not be surprised if the 90% statistic is true, though. Seems like some people I know have gotten dumber, too, but I wouldn't say that to their faces. I however, freely admit that I am probably dumber than before. I don't know if it's chemtrails or not, but something is zapping my intelligence at an alarming rate, and I'm gonna get to the bottom of it.

Well, I do feel dumber after reading this post. Perhaps it's contagious?

On a serious note...

I don't think people are getting dumber. I think people have been dumb for a long time. Being able to disseminate information the way we do now must surely affect our outlook on things though. Millions of people have global reach with their voice, who in the past, never would have been listened to outside their local tavern.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

What a curious question - since the whole "we only use 10% of our brain" thing is a myth in the first place

I'm more curious about how that "we only use 10% of our brain" theory was proposed to begin with. How the hell could scientists possibly determine any kind of percentage of this nature at all?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well, I do feel dumber after reading this post. Perhaps it's contagious?

See what I mean? Something's going on.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

What a curious question - since the whole "we only use 10% of our brain" thing is a myth in the first place

I'm more curious about how that "we only use 10% of our brain" theory was proposed to begin with. How the hell could scientists possibly determine any kind of percentage of this nature at all?

I think the myth stemmed from the fact that at certain times, only 10% of the brain is being used. Kind of like a computer chip only processing at 10% capacity. It's not to say there is 90% that isn't used, but it's being used at different times for different processes.

I do believe that's where the myth originated. Unfortunately, it was used for ages to promote new age, mystical religions that claimed you can unlock the "missing 90%", which was based on a misinterpretation.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I do believe that's where the myth originated. Unfortunately, it was used for ages to promote new age, mystical religions that claimed you can unlock the "missing 90%", which was based on a misinterpretation.

I want my missing 90% BACK!

I need it.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The wiki page I linked to offers this:

One possible origin is the reserve energy theories by Harvard psychologists William James and Boris Sidis in the 1890s who tested the theory in the accelerated raising of child prodigy William Sidis to effect an adulthood IQ of 250–300; thus William James told audiences that people only meet a fraction of their full mental potential, which is a plausible claim.[4] In 1936, American writer Lowell Thomas summarized this idea (in a foreword to Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People) by adding a falsely precise percentage: “Professor William James of Harvard used to say that the average man develops only ten per cent of his latent mental ability."

So it dates from a long time ago (50+ years before chemtrails are supposed to have started even!!), from an era where people had considerably less knowledge of how the brain functions than we do now, and it has been utterly refuted - point refuteed a thousand times.

So it is disinfo.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Us? No

You? yes

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Could you explain how you think chemtrails are selective and targeted please?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

T.V. does that................

5 ways your TV is slowly killing you

Thought you knew?

Stop breathing in the signals............

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Apparently -
So now we have a myth being used as scaremongering to support another money-making effort.

In some weird way it reminds of the fear mongering at the Airport with Body Scanners,
playing on people fears for a profit.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

so you've got no real idea, you just like to obfuscate.

Right - gotcha.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You have posted a thousand times that chemtrails don't exist.

Now you're asking people if the chemtrails are making us dumber?

Uh, excuse me...... which is it, did you knowingly create a thread based on what you think is a hoax violating the T&C ?

Or do you suddenly admit chemtrails exist?

edit on 4/1/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Because "theory" is all they have,and a poor one at that.

(Look at the 1:00 Min. mark)

Its called POLLUTION. Thats the "chemtrail" problem.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I say yes. This is based on the fact that I, myself, definitely feel dumber than I did when I was younger.

I do, too. When I was 15, I knew everything. Now I know, like, only 70% of everything.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

I say yes. This is based on the fact that I, myself, definitely feel dumber than I did when I was younger.

I do, too. When I was 15, I knew everything. Now I know, like, only 70% of everything.

Me Too!
When I was 12, a Paper Boy,
I was king of my world,
goals where simple,
and the sky's where blue.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join