'We can bring the government down': Truckers vow to halt Britain's traffic in support of striking

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Hang them all, I'm not playing party favourites, but as Maude is centre of attention, I say stick it to him.

Surely you don't expext me to give him any respect ? I think not.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Oh in which case I take it back, wasn't how I read it at all :S

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Indeed and many of those £100k+ (some are £200k+) Union leaders also get a nice, plush house totally gratis as well.

Anywaym like I said before, I wasn't pleading for sympathy, I was illustrating how even those of us on supposedly "good money" are feeling the pinch, then something has to give.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Indeed and many of those £100k+ (some are £200k+) Union leaders also get a nice, plush house totally gratis as well.

Anywaym like I said before, I wasn't pleading for sympathy, I was illustrating how even those of us on supposedly "good money" are feeling the pinch, then something has to give.

Agreed and I think the government should give back what they've been hoarding and stealing for so long.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dareamus

Not a problem. I am always weary of "flaunting" wealth so I'm sorry if I made you feel bad in any way.

We're all in it together

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I dunno if this could be classed as off topic but seen as were digging at the government I may as well throw in there that soon we will all be monitored and all of us who are for the people getting back our country will be arrested and then have all of our property seized and made to look like terrorists anyway, so there needs to be action NOW rather then later when were all being watched. and if i am being watched I have a picture for you guys ,,l,,(-_-),,l,,

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

They've been able to do what the new bill is proposing for years..

I shall enlighten yee...

We have a Treaty with the Yanks, part of Echelon, where we share intel. As they can't spy on their own people and our guys find it a legal nightmare, we get them to spy on us and we spy on them. We then meet and swap notes.

All this is doing is making something that has been going on for years (over a decade) a little more legal and easier for the Security services to act. Besides, they will still need a warrant to actually view content if done via this legal way, whereas they can view what they like by asking Uncle Sam to have a peek.

I know I am going to cop flak for this, but if it hasn't impacted you in the ten years they have been doing it on the sly, I don't think it is going to impact you much now.

But, I recognise it is a slippery slope and I am not totally comfortable with the idea as I do not believe there is enough checks or balances built in.

It all boils down to how much you trust them...............
I know, I know.....

EDIT: I would agree overnight to the Government reading my mails and listening to my calls, provided I could do the same to theirs.....

Seems fair, no?
edit on 2/4/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Yes Stu Ive been saying that for years, we spy on them and they spy on us. But we are all in it togeather now we spy on every one.

The sooner the people of this country get their act togeather and do a mass walk out of work and block all the roads ect. The only way to do it, is to bring the entire machine to a halt. What are they going to do? arrest us all?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The thing is echelon is military.. SECURE.ish
When the government takes control, the amount of usb sticks, laptops, etc that will go missing with OUR info on will be open to abuse..

I hope the GOV email system is on the watch list.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
anways enough of the internet issue back to the issue at hand when and how we gonna do it?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

They are talking about GCHQ having the new powers. If GCHQ isn't secure, then no where is....And trust me, GCHQ makes "secure" look positively open. One of the chaps I work with was touched up for a job there back at Uni. He didn't go for it because the job you choose is the only job you will ever do, as they don't even like their own staff having too big a picture...

That said, it only takes one moron....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

How the public react to such an action by the tanker and haulier drivers is the biggest thing to consider...

Even on this thread, opinion is sharply divided and, if I am honest, I don't support the actions for the reasons they have stated. It's like the Iraq War. Had Blair said "I want to invade Iraq and kill Saddam as he is a twat", I would have been up for that, seems a good enough reason as any, but we got fed a load of BS. It's the same with these drivers.

They are now saying they are doing it because of fuel prices, but this began over their own pay/conditions and they were willing to shaft the entire country for it. Makes them as self-serving as the idiots in Westminster. That said, any action is better than no action and it could well spiral into something more meaningful...

After all, Mubarak was toppled in Egypt because one man burnt himself to death over being denied a license to open a market stall...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Can a girl dream? I'm not so sure...I know. I'll put a tax on it... Now you can, enjoy.

I fully support the truckers.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I agree about them being self-serving, but then it's self-serving of us to want something out of it as well, everything anyone ever does is self-serving to a degree. But I would urge people to stand up for themselves there neighbours and there family and # the government and the system, and as for the NWO they can get shanked for all I care, I would prefer a new world that helps the needy and not the greedy thnx.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

I do not trust any government agency with my info...

What about the recent crap with the DVLA selling drivers details to convicted criminals??

Way to open to abuse..

Why they so scared anyway I wonder?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What is self serving is a bunch of no marks on both sides of the house who have never had a real job, never had to struggle, never gone without, saying "we are all in this together" then ramp up the prices on everything whilst these elite fk turds eat, drink, pay nothing, contribute nothing, lie through their asses as our sovereignty and assets are sold abroad to the highest bidder for their chums....

They just gotta all go!

Im still waiting for gordon broooon to be arrested for the biggest gold heist in history too... OUR GOLD!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I'm not saying that, what I'm saying is that's what they will say and that's how they'll win back the sheople and make us look like the thieves.

I agree whole heartedly get these people out.

I was quite willing to get a small group of people together and just sit them in the roads to parliament, downing street, outside council building and offices of the government and just block them off, don't move till were heard kinda thing but to get something like that to work when they have there hands so firmly on a wheel to destruction is something else entirely. So I say again how/when are we doing it because I'm 100% behind it and I will be right there stood with the people for the people.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's time to take back the country... and take my bicycle out of the shed, as I'll be using it very soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dareamus
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I say we do it, the problem I have with starting it is that I'm not too comfortable with being classed a terrorist which will be the spin they put on it. I would however like to suggest a date and with it approaching I couldn't find a better fit then July the 4th, here in England it isn't a bank holiday and therefore it should work just as well as any day.

Sounds good date.... just need to spread the word!!

But not on facebook.... this needs to be word of mouth or text message, email and before they get this new rulings through about being able to snoop all our mails, messages etc...

Actually July 4th could be too late.... needs to be June i think... before or during the Olympics!!
edit on 3-4-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I have been suggesting this for many years. The fight has gone out of the population because they see a fight as having to take up arms. Its not, it is the exact opposite, all it takes is the word "No". No to working to raise them money. No to violence on the street. No to paying absurd commodoty prices. No to living a self chosen lie that is self perpetuating and will ensnare our kids and grandkids for ever...Lets be the generation that said "No".
edit on 2-4-2012 by captiva because: (no reason given)

Yep, its just one long cycle of us doing the same thing over and over.... the only people profiting and living the high life are those who are running the system.... everyone else suffers and has a hard life!!

BTW...Did you know that the Council were using schoolkids to clear up the rubbish around Stratford and the Canals? Telling them that its work related experience and such...

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join