It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We can bring the government down': Truckers vow to halt Britain's traffic in support of striking

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

And now they (the government) are trying to say that the UK is in danger of a "pandemic" (their words not mine) during the olympics due to the influx of foreigners.....

FACEPALM

I think the horse has already bolted on that one!

They are sure as heck ramping up the fear-mongering!

Link
edit on 2-4-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This would be epic if it happend!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by Britguy

And now they (the government) are trying to say that the UK is in danger of a "pandemic" (their words not mine) during the olympics due to the influx of foreigners.....

FACEPALM

I think the horse has already bolted on that one!

They are sure as heck ramping up the fear-mongering!

Link

Is the Daily Mail the only source you are going to quote on here? And even then, it's the web version not even the actual paper based version. You know it's probably just a little bit, well you know, biased, don't you, or are you just trying to whip up your own little frenzy?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This will reduce fuel supply and increases prices even more and the people will finally take their corrupt British government. I mean seriously these British fools want to go to war with iran and they are sanctioning oil into their country? They just shot themselves in both feet. First they cut off their oil supply, and now they have angered the citizenry. Looks like the British government will be replaced soon.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Actually trying to point out their patheticness and how much straws they clutching at..

The DM is a tory newspaper, we have a "tory" government, so their own rag is pointing them out as muppets..

Read the comments bit in the articles..

They are fooling no-one...

As for my OP... The leader of the truckers union has been on TV today reiterating the comments in the article so dont shoot the messenger..

Especially if the message is bloody fantastic!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Errrr.... Anyone care to tell me what is in this strike action for the general public though?

I am all for the Health and Safety of these truckers, they are overworked and yeah so is everyone in this country these days... However, I guess not everyone drives a truck carrying up to 36,000 litres of extremely flammable liquid.

So far though, the talk of strike action has pushed up prices at the pumps by almost 10 pence... Everyone panic buying at that price suggests that the general public are quite happy to pay for it too!... I wonder how long it'll take for the prices to go back to normal? With that said I'd like to see some action directly against fuel prices... Especially in the face of talks of privatising the roads (and then pay EXTRA tax on the tolls), when we all pay road tax... wtf!?! We are being robbed!

... Besides all of this, I thought the government made it an offence to blockade any entrance to a key building following the last round of fuel strikes. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these truckers end up paying a rather hefty price for this action, we should be backing our drivers all the way and saying this action is disruptive is just non-sense! Of course it is and that's what these guys need to do in order to have a voice, it's ridiculous isn't it?
edit on 2-4-2012 by lioninthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Not only should the truckers strike, but so should the rest of the working class in the UK. You should all go on strike. Refuse to work, refuse to buy anything except food and buy that as locally as physically possible. Hunt and or fish if you can. Walk where you need to go, or ride a bicycle. Stop spending, stop consuming, stop working and you severely crimp their intake of your money.

I already said this on another thread going on at the moment:

We need to be heard and if its not marching then we should strike for one week.... see what happens then.... everyone buy what you need for one week or two... store it up then just dont go to work.... this will definately get us heard!!!

They will wonder what the funk just hit them.

Seriously this is the ONLY way to get our point across and we should do it until they do something about this Society we live in which is getting worse by the day....

This wont exactly be holding a bank up but i can assure you that this will make everyone of them panic!!

I should also have added to think about all the threatening letters you've had i the past:

Unpaid Gas Bill= If you dont pay it we turn off your gas supply and take you to court (Red letter day)

Unpaid Electricity Bill= If you dont pay it we turn off your Electricity supply and take you to court (Red letter day)

Unpaid Water Bill = If you dont pay it we turn off your Water supply and take you to court (Red letter day)

Unpaid Housing Costs or Loan Payments = If you dont pay it we take you to court (Red letter day) and evict you.

There are plenty more ways that we are threatened with court action and/or eviction/jail time....

Those mentioned above are if you miss a payment one month, you get the threatening red letter through your box!!

We are always being held to ransom.... its time to turn the tables!!

Spread the word and lets choose a date.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Maybe the truckers have a beef about making enough to make a living but what about the people who want to work and make a living? Don't they have to have fuel for everything to run smoothly?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Actually trying to point out their patheticness and how much straws they clutching at..

The DM is a tory newspaper, we have a "tory" government, so their own rag is pointing them out as muppets..

Read the comments bit in the articles..

They are fooling no-one...

As for my OP... The leader of the truckers union has been on TV today reiterating the comments in the article so dont shoot the messenger..

Especially if the message is bloody fantastic!

Why is any of it any good for the general public? Why is this a good thing and what do you think it will actually achieve? Do you have any personal analysis to add at all?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Q.
So what would be the easiest way to make people think they made a difference, got their will through, and to calm them for a while. Putting some order back in society and letting the people blow some steam off?

A.
Raise the price of gas.
Start panic (of course by "mistake").
Allow the people to get angry.
Give them a purpose to make demands and allow them to demonstrate to get it out.
Give them something totally meaningless back (this time a small gas cut, of a price that already is pure madness).
Everyones happy because of the cheaper gas and they think they won.

Sometimes they have to throw a bone to the people to stay in control.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This Su**er also makes post like " I can't wait for Ron Paul to quit"-..., aaah! just sickening

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by EvanB

Simple solution: Arrest truckers, move trucks.

Disruptive strikes will never gain my support, no matter the cause.

Looking at your posting history, I'm wondering what you're even doing on this website. There's no doubt about the fact that you're pro-government, anti-freedom for citizens, and you fully support every controversial move the government makes, for whatever reason that may be. I can't think of any other reason other than you work for them. But that doesn't seem likely either because you're making it way too obvious by your posts, so this is a mystery indeed.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Not only should the truckers strike, but so should the rest of the working class in the UK. You should all go on strike. Refuse to work, refuse to buy anything except food and buy that as locally as physically possible. Hunt and or fish if you can. Walk where you need to go, or ride a bicycle. Stop spending, stop consuming, stop working and you severely crimp their intake of your money.

I agree with this 100%

I accepted a long time ago that to change this world the way we need to we will have to have a year or two of real hardship, but it would take that to end our reliance on corporate dominance. We feed the machine that enslaves us, we do it by choice, because we have grown up to think that buying is good, that spending money proves our worth.

It's a game that we have been loosing for centuries, and the end of the game is approaching. We can still win if we tip the board.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Whilst I agree with truckers taking action to defend their rights to better pay, or whatever, I can't help wonder about little granny Ethel at the bottom of any road having a stroke or a heart attack and the ambulance not having any fuel to get to her.

The UK needs change, but if we/they are going to do something about it, we/they need to factor in every implication of our/their actions.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Definitely a psy-op intended to dupe a bunch of people into "acts of terrorism."

There is a way to protest/strike/whatever (not bringing into question it's effectiveness) and this is not it. This is a set-up. Reminded me heavily of the "March on Jerusalem" that I read briefly about, but in summary, if you are leading a group to a peaceful protest, you wouldn't suggest to people that millions from surrounding countries should storm the borders of Israel. You know they're just dying to think they're being "invaded" or under some type of threat and these "movements" (if you want to call them that) are government operations deliberately directing people into how to protest the WRONG way... funneling them into ways that have been specifically labelled as "terrorism."

You better believe anything to do with any kind of refinery or blocking traffic to and from will be labelled nothing short of "terrorism."

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Whilst I agree with truckers taking action to defend their rights to better pay, or whatever, I can't help wonder about little granny Ethel at the bottom of any road having a stroke or a heart attack and the ambulance not having any fuel to get to her.

The UK needs change, but if we/they are going to do something about it, we/they need to factor in every implication of our/their actions.

Well the NHS and emergency services in general have their own fuel reserves as part of their emergency planning policies, so the ambulance will always have plenty of fuel however, I guess the drivers need to be able to physically get into work to drive the ambulances... Not sure what they have in place for that?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Im voting UKIP next time.. Them or an independent.. Someone who actually gives a crap about the country and LISTENS to their employer.... Us

+1 on the UKIP vote! Nigel Farage for PM!

The Tyrants needstep down, I have no idea how they can sit back and watch democracy in the UK crumble.

Fuel prices MUST decrease, its an absolute scandal.

There are too many corporate fat cats, greedy bankers and immoral politicians running amock.

They need rounding up, and tried in court for their crimes against humanity... but I guess we would need a whole new set of judges in court - as the majority also need to be tried for their un-just sentences given out.

ALOT needs changing here in the UK.

Let's start with the average britons attitude towards other people and to start directing that hatred towards the criminals inside our own government.

A vote for UKIP is a vote for our Nation State and Independance back!
edit on 2/4/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Do you not think Cameron would consider martial law if the police across the UK found too many truckers blocking motorways and B roads. The fact that the army would be in the equation from the get go , would suggest they may have this tactic in mind. Martial law with a small m .

Martial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis—(usually) only temporary—when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, and provide essential services), when there are extensive riots and protests, or when the disobedience of the law becomes widespread. In most cases, military forces are deployed to quiet the crowds, to secure government buildings and key or sensitive locations, and to maintain order.[1] Generally, military personnel replace civil authorities and perform some or all of their functions. In full-scale martial law, the highest-ranking military officer would take over, or be installed, as the military governor or as head of the government, thus removing all power from the previous executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government.

Martial law can be used by governments to enforce their rule over the public.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm well up for this kind of strike action, for the fact is one or two weeks of every citizen saying # it to the system would destroy any hope of complete control, like the one they hold over us at the moment. they would loose potentially billions of pounds and they wouldn't let that happen, they would much rather bow then have there money taken, which is a direct role reversal in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

As I have said before.. None of the 3 parties listen to us.. They are a self serving entity that serves a higher master and not the country..

This is a real opportunity to wipe the slate clean....

We owe it to our kids to secure them a free future where they have a fairer deal than us..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

Yes they could call martial law... But would the troops act against their own families and friends, or for the smug twats in number 10 downing street??

Do the math

May work for Assad, but for camoron?? I think not!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join