It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We can bring the government down': Truckers vow to halt Britain's traffic in support of striking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
No matter what happens, it's going to be bad for business...

And that, I feel, is the heart of the matter.. It's the 'big boys' with their bovver boots that need to realise they just can't keep pushing their paid government employees to keep on raping the British public of all they earn.

There's a point where the people need to earn their worth. When many are on national minimum wage and are expected to pay these fuel prices to get to work, then they have their wage slip and realize they have enough to pay the bills and eat a little with no real room to save or boost the economy by actually being able to achieve something with their lives, something has to give..

I didn't hoard petrol or top up my tank.. I'm quite happy to be able to phone my boss and say 'can't get to work this week, roads are blocked, petrol stationsare closed and I have no fuel, bus service is limited.

Let them sack me for failing to attend.. It'll be a slap in the face for the government when unemployment numbers suddenly take a massive rise..

I do hope that any strike action will deliver the blow that is needed to get the rest of the country on the same wavelength and hit back at TPTB...

It's been a long time coming and is needed now, more than ever, and, imo, is a bit late in coming..

You can only keep a kettle boiling for so long before it blows its top...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
well we know why its come to ahead now as its time to do the year end accounts for the petrol companies and its such a nice way to boost profits by creating a demand that isn't really there so the cash is in the bank nicely in time to draw up the accounts and pay themselves fat bonuses on the extra

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

The bosses would not be able to get to work either though... No one would get sacked... In fact I would suggest that it would work out rather fine for employers this time in the long run..

Petrol prices need to come down

And the 3 parties need to piss off

Im voting UKIP next time.. Them or an independent.. Someone who actually gives a crap about the country and LISTENS to their employer.... Us

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
well we know why its come to ahead now as its time to do the year end accounts for the petrol companies and its such a nice way to boost profits by creating a demand that isn't really there so the cash is in the bank nicely in time to draw up the accounts and pay themselves fat bonuses on the extra

Kind of backfired on them now though hey??

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Great stuff. Our government is a criminal organisation now. They need to be taught a bloody lesson. They have my full support

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I think all the motorist should be in support of the hgv drivers not just for their cause but for their own.....I drive 25,000 mile a year in the uk....It costs me £3500 pound a year.....of that...it is 80% tax......whooohoooo.

I think that every one should hit the motorway on one given day....and drive until they run out of petrol......abandon their cars and let the gov know that we the people are fed up.....People know we are being held ransom.....We know there is better tech out there...we know that there is free energy technologies out there...but the gas and oil industries are Greedy SOB's and they are suppressing tech in order to fill their pockets...........So stand up and be counted......Fight for your rights......STOP BEING A SLAVE.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I actually believed the scales have been tipped this week. Have been noticing alot of people saying enough is enough and making an effort for change. Gets me dancing in circles lol

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube

I think that every one should hit the motorway on one given day....and drive until they run out of petrol......abandon their cars and let the gov know that we the people are fed up

i really like the idea of that as what would the powers that be in england be able to do then
nothing
they would have to sit up and listen

sadly the majority of people wouldnt do that in fear of "how much im gonna loose on said day not being able to get to work"
without realising that we are all being screwed backwards thanks to the lunatics who we have currently in power
i really hope something changes in this country soon before its too late
as we cannot continue on this lunatic path we seem to be being led down by cameron and his cronies

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

The government now seem to be claiming that they did not know that, if any strike was called 7 days notice must be given by the strikers. They claim they only just found this out, which is a lie, because I knew about this law before. If they did not know about this law then it just shows how incompetent they are. They are trying to defend their reaction and the crisis they manufactured themselves.

The Government have shot themselves in the foot as now we all know the importance of the tanker drivers job and the tanker driver obviously deserves the money they get and to defend their working conditions. Not many other professions can have such an effect when they withdraw their labour for a couple of days.

I'm not saying let the drivers hold the country to ransom, but the government needs to have a bit of respect for the work they do and the demands they have.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
i would say LET the tanker drivers hold the goverment to ransom
its acceptable for the powers that be to use the very same tactics on us everyday folks so why not reverse the role

im not saying an eye for an eye to solve this situation but maybe this is whats needed and is long overdue
things must change before we get deeper into a situation we cannot get out of
as we cannot sustain the current goverments plans much longer before the whole system decays and more trouble follows

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

not really they have got the cash in the bank by now as it probably takes a week to settle the accounts so the bank accounts should be nicely full of cash and less as stock making it look rather flush in the year end accounts

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
OMG

These pratts really need to go...

Ministers did nothing wrong by urging people to hoard petrol, William Hague claimed last night, as truckers warned they would join any strike by tanker drivers to ‘bring Britain to a halt’. The Foreign Secretary said ministers such as Francis Maude, who told people to fill their cars and keep jerry cans of fuel at home, had done ‘absolutely the right thing’. With polls showing support for the Coalition plummeting, Mr Hague suggested that panic buying had made Britain more resilient to any strikes. He said: ‘The country is in a better state of preparedness than a week ago for the eventuality of a tanker strike, so I think they have handled that correctly. 'My colleagues have done absolutely the right thing to urge people to take sensible precautions and they will be vindicated over the coming days. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...[/ex ]

edit on 2-4-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

Let's be honest. Who listens to Hague ?
Only the criminals who work alongside him.
You're right. They should all go.

I'm totally in favour of this strike.
edit on 2-4-2012 by lambros56 because: Internet cut off

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
Order out of chaos

Actions that may appear to rebel against the "system" could potentially be helping the the nwo agenda

The illuminati have humanity in a checkmate situation... However i am confident they will fail in the end

PS. Not implying that people shouldnt rebel or what these truckers are doing is bad (IMO it is great, 63% tax for fuel???).
People just have to remain vigilant and avoid falling into a problem-reaction-solution trap setup by the elites
edit on 1-4-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

I support their actions as 63% tax on fuel is ridiculous. I'm glad you mentioned the Problem-reaction- solution scenario. You can see where public opinion is going on media forums. The current government are being branded incompetent and so much anger is being directed at them but what and who is the 'solution' that the people will be presented with and believe they asked for?

I'm pretty sure that the ordinary public in the UK have been squeezed and squeezed until they can tolerate it no longer and in order to provoke a reaction.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

True...

They can keep the cash.... I just hope they piss off

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
i just hope that all the other posts referring to 2012 being "times of change"
includes this whole situation in england

i mean how ridiculous is this current goverment in regards to the whole olympics debarcle
how can any goverment whos words basically say "this country is in debt and financial difficulty)
justify £335,000 of taxpayers' money being spent on a single sculpture for the games.

'Jurassic Stones'

surely that £335,000 would have been better spent on local things for the local youths or training opportunities for residents

how can people just sit back and let this happen
im no art boffin but google "london 2012 Jurassic Stones"
now that to me looks like a bunch of rocks on stilts
(sorry if people find that art funky and worthy of such a price tag")

where will all this madness end with the lib con goverment?
i really hope this will be Englands time for change as god knows its well overdue so once again i will say YES i support the truckers on this action
sometimes we need to endure pain and suffering to make it thru the darkness but this goverment in my eyes just wants the darkness to continue
while themselfs making huge amounts from the whole scenario

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by YipMan

"where will all this madness end with the lib con goverment?"

Well it probably won't end really . The people 'choose' another government and a whole other agenda starts again. The belief that the different political parties are actually different is a mistaken one IMO.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

"The most tolerant nation on earth"? Seriously? Blair showed that you guys are certainly capable of electing clones of G. W. Bush and fully supporting the massacre of civilians.

Elected? Ha! Our 'elections' are just as rigged as yours are in the USA.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
reply to post by YipMan

"where will all this madness end with the lib con goverment?"

Well it probably won't end really . The people 'choose' another government and a whole other agenda starts again. The belief that the different political parties are actually different is a mistaken one IMO.

sadly thats more than the truth
i mentioned on a post only yesterday it needs a common man with huge public backing to make any change for us regular people
but as was pointed out in a reply to my statement and very true the reply was too

if a common man had enough public backing the powers that be would ensure that man never made it into parliment to implement any changes

i generally stay away from political debates but this whole shamble last week and this really needs public outcry and serious public action

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by EvanB

The government now seem to be claiming that they did not know that, if any strike was called 7 days notice must be given by the strikers. They claim they only just found this out, which is a lie, because I knew about this law before. If they did not know about this law then it just shows how incompetent they are. They are trying to defend their reaction and the crisis they manufactured themselves.

The Government have shot themselves in the foot as now we all know the importance of the tanker drivers job and the tanker driver obviously deserves the money they get and to defend their working conditions. Not many other professions can have such an effect when they withdraw their labour for a couple of days.

I'm not saying let the drivers hold the country to ransom, but the government needs to have a bit of respect for the work they do and the demands they have.

They are saying they did not know about the seven days?????? Even I knew that!!

They lie and lie and lie..

This surely cannot continue..

Like another poster said, there does seem to be a change in this country at the moment.. Even Daily Mail readers are turning against them!!

I do not think is a case of the truckers holding the country to ransom, but getting us off of our fat, apathetic arses to do something to get us away from these successive governments that have kidnapped us and enslaved us all with debt they and their cronies created for us..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

We can bring the government down

Yes they can. Truckers are one of the most critical strikers. If they strike - you don't eat. You don't eat? You think!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join