It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Church of.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
We're all just human trying to survive this life. The sad part.....none of us will actually get out alive.....at least not alive as we know it right now. I've often thought about starting my own church, and what I would say if I did. Now I know, I would say this: Welcome....all humans, that struggle, that hurt, that feel....disappointment, sorrow, and any other emotion that you could possibly describe. Come all, come one....the disappointed, the disabled, the disallusioned, the sorrowful, the grieving, the mornful, the happy, the enabled, the drunken, the drugged, those in denial, and those who are living in some lala land in their minds. As a matter of fact, I envy you....those of you who are drunken and drugged and live in some lala land in your minds. Why?.....because life sucks in a big way! or as some would say.....life sucks big donkey balls (lol.....I understand MODS if you must remove that statement. We are all in the same bathtub (so please don't don't pee in it - and yes someone else first said that and I don't know who. This.......this thing we call life is boot camp for the souls, and it is hard and it sucks....and for the most part the bad times outweigh the good. I suppose that it is because we are supposed to learn something from it. Well, as we all know, learning is never easy, so if it sucks then it is to be expected.

So, I say....come one, come all....all you broken....all you sad....all you disallusioned....be it....Muslim or Christian or Atheist or disallusioned or Buhdist or New Ager or anyone.......it doesn't really matter at this point. We are all in the same (unpeedin boat LOL) - human per say.....so come and realize that we are all one sharing in our struggles and disappointments and disallusions.....and often feeling like we can't go on. Life is diappointing, people are disappointing....and sometimes the only hope that we feel is hope for the future and the unconditional love that our pets offer us in a way that no human ever can. Did you get that?....."unconditional love that our pets offer us in a way that no human ever can". That's right....our cats, our dogs, or.....even our lizards, monkeys, snakes, mice, guinne pigs etc. Join in and tell us what makes this life worth living for you....is it your children, your friends, your best human friends, your lover or spouse or is it your best animal friend?

Welcome to the church of....life sucks and we understand that.....give us a big freakin hug and tell us your story! >:< (yahoo messenger hug)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

I'm going first because I try never to ask other people to do the things I can't. Right now at this very moment, I would tell you that my pets are much better at love than any other human ever will be. Thank you Jubi and Tiger for your unconditional and truelly unselfish love. To anyone who actually clicked on my thread, I hope that you will come forward and admit your humaness, and let those of us who are brave enough reach out to you and show you that there are some things that matter.....more than judgement...more than religion....more than anything.....we are all in the same boat.....so hop on in as there is room for more.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I know this post may not anything to do with the OP, but when i seen the title, my mind automatically thought of "Church of the Sub-genius". Anyone else? hehe funny Humor

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You, in a sense, just described the whole philosophy behind the name "Earthscum". I kinda view the people of the world as scum that covers the earth. I think of pond scum... some scum can be beautiful, but tears apart or consumes the ecology, and other scum can be fearful looking, yet help energize more life than the energy it consumes from it's surrounding ecology.

Personally, I was a boyscout (and had a good dad) that taught me from as early as I can remember to always leave your camping spot cleaner than when you came. That idea can be expanded to just about anything in life. I dream that some day I won't have that opportunity to lug out any extra garbage left behind because everyone that camped before me shared the same attitude.

top topics

join