It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Oil suppressing yet another amazing technology!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Steam Power!

Big oil has obviously suppressed steam power, I hardly ever heard about this technology.

They have been bashing little coal trying to corner the market with their oily gas burning contraptions!

We must do something about this!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'll see your steam power and raise you...

The suppression never ends.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
????what? what technological age do you come from? steam is an old way of powering engines using coal as fuel

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by minor007
????what? what technological age do you come from? steam is an old way of powering engines using coal as fuel

Blasphemous lies.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Har Har, Well that was fun

Anyway back to focusing on real suppression like LENR's / Anti Gravity / Zero Point Energy.... ^.^

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

Anyway back to focusing on real suppression like LENR's / Anti Gravity / Zero Point Energy.... ^.^

LENR has a huge community, I don't see any suppression. Anti Gravity is only real and suppressed according to a bunch of loons. And ZPE is a fiction by the likes of deep thinkers like John Hutchison.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

edit on 1-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

This isn't really suppressed as it is unfeasible with large amount of hydrides being needed for the system, among other things. Not only that, but with the limited efficiency of solar, you are automatically cutting 30% off once you start using hydrolysis for the power.

However, I really did like the idea behind this and in another thread we discussed how this could be done on a large scale.

I wouldn't call suppression, nonetheless very cool.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
you dont think there exists technology you couldnt imagine,, because it took the brightest genius' of the world the past 60 years, with unlimited resources, working around the clock , you think those people of power and who have been, just chill and wait, and have every day lives flipping burgers or crunching numbers,, there is an infinite potential for what man can accomplish,,,,the industrial revolution,, the 30's, 40s' ,50's,, were the start of the races,,,, they are racing against time, their own mortality,, they are racing towards godhood,, towards implementing their wildest dreams as reality,,,, if they dont do it, who else will, that is their justification for doing it,,, the average populus does not deserve to be let in on these secrets,, for what have they done,, thats their justification for keeping it secret,,,,,

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Big oil also drummed the two chemists(who invented cold fusion) out of the highly coveted American Academy of Sciences in 1989. Two Italien scientists and the Greek Company Dekalion is turning out units so you can unhook from the Grid and power your house for $0.00/yr. Free heat and electricity spells the end of Big Oil . No radiation bypdt - even from units already powering whole cities in Europe now. Rather the byproducts are Gold metal and Platinum for each household. Soon- Gold will flood the market and become worthless.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by siluriancryptic
reply to post by boncho

Big oil also drummed the two chemists(who invented cold fusion) out of the highly coveted American Academy of Sciences in 1989. Two Italien scientists and the Greek Company Dekalion is turning out units so you can unhook from the Grid and power your house for $0.00/yr. Free heat and electricity spells the end of Big Oil . No radiation bypdt - even from units already powering whole cities in Europe now. Rather the byproducts are Gold metal and Platinum for each household. Soon- Gold will flood the market and become worthless.

You haven't followed the Rossi Defkalion fiasco much have you?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Steam power is still widely used in the production of electricity. Both coal fired and nuclear power station produce steam to drive turbines that produced electricity.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The things you think of as "nuclear powered" submarines and warships are running off STEAM ENGINES. The reactor just heats up the water.

We have not progressed beyond the "Man make fire" stage at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
How's 17 THOUSAND horsepower sound? Enough steam for ya?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Stream Power is quite efficient, That's one of the reasons its still widely used. Stream makes massive amounts of power, especially with Steam turbines. ie. Coal, Nuke power plants and subs.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Good One Boncho...April Fools and all.

Steam engines are a good source of power, but use a lot of water.

2 of my favorites that would work with todays tech, is the Old Chrysler Corp Turbine car idea.
Just look at modern jet engines compared to 1950s.60s tech, when Chrysler came out with the cars.
They run on any liquid that burns, from low grade Kero, to lighter fluid, Kentucky bourbon, Natural gas, Turpentine etc etc.
Very few moving parts, etc, with todays tech of direct injection, ceramics etc..they could work well.
Another Idea I love is the Compressed air engine. Charge up a compressor and you can run a piston engine without fuel, doent need to idle, just apply compressed air and off you go. The car would need a pressure tank and a small fuel or electric motor to fill the compressed air. Easily done with todays tech, and modern engines with tighter clearances and all.

Alternatives are all out there...but......

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Big oil has obviously suppressed steam power

Steam power IS used in electrical generation

Nuclear Plants- use full rods to heat up water which create steam to move electic generating turbine.

Coal Plants - use burning coal to heat up water which create steam to move electic generating turbine.

Gas Plants - use burning gas to heat up water which create steam to move electic generating turbine.

Why they don't just cap off some hot springs is beyond me.... you can find them all over the west side of america

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

I would love free gold, where can I buy a Defkalion unit?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

The things you think of as "nuclear powered" submarines and warships are running off STEAM ENGINES. The reactor just heats up the water.

We have not progressed beyond the "Man make fire" stage at all.

Even worse, I hear that you can heat a reactor up and make steam JUST BY RUNNING THE RECIRC PUMPS, if you turn off the cooling.

Where does THAT steam come from, hah?!! Obviously there's something being hidden here!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

LENR has a huge community, I don't see any suppression. Anti Gravity is only real and suppressed according to a bunch of loons. And ZPE is a fiction by the likes of deep thinkers like John Hutchison.

anti-gravity seems to become more and more realistic all the time have a look at what research is around today grandpa

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join