It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can an object approaching the South Pole be hidden from prying eyes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The Cassiopaeans speak of the same thing but call it 'The wave'. Hyper-kinetic sensate. It will be preceded by a cluster of comets that wreak havoc on our planet (like the dragons tail in Revelations) and this cluster seems to always get knocked towards us by a binary brown dwarf that passes through the oort cloud like a bowling ball through pins and sends a cluster of comets towards us everytime, only this time it will preceed an energetic wave that, along with raising people to a higher density, will also bring various entities including the Nephilim back to Planet Earth.

This is what they say but after much research on the topic I have to say I am a bit weary of it...not the info, but the reality.

This is all hogwash. Why would comets cluster? Why would they arrive as a cluster? Where is any evidence of a brown dwarf passing close to our system?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Long term outposts are not placed on the pack ice. Ships are placed in the pack ice.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Flowmaster05

Flowmaster05, it might be obvious to you yet that claim has been made at least 100 times in threads in the last year. In fact I saw one last week. It is the prevalence of this claim that makes me wonder how it continues to exist.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Flowmaster05

I still think it is a brown dwarf. Our binary sister....but I don't think it will go anywhere near us...but it may have or will become visible....then comets.

Why do I believe more comets are coming?

Movies. Battle LA, Attack the block, Armageddon, Deep impact, just to name a few....all show a cluster of comets. Not just one. Along with an alien invasion. Then there is the manifestation of another solar body. Movies like Another Earth, Melancholia, Transformers 3 and the TV show The Event all depict the manifestation of a solar body near our planet.

I know I might be crazy. But still, they're trying to embed something in our sub-concious. Trying to make that 'event' not so surprising.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I believe there is evidence in 3000 BC a cluster of comets hit around Europe and devastated Earth.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Can't a ship mounted observatory lodged in pack ice suffice?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I believe there is evidence in 3000 BC a cluster of comets hit around Europe and devastated Earth.

Are you referring to the landslide in Austria that some people try to claim was a comet impact?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

A ship mounted telescope might not be stable enough for observations.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Movies. Battle LA, Attack the block, Armageddon, Deep impact, just to name a few....all show a cluster of comets.

Armageddon and Deep impact only had one bolide each. There were other smaller pieces that impacted the Earth in Armageddon, but none of them were comets.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

No, things like the Burckle crater to name but one.

'Might not'. Precisely. I would hazard a guess that a ship mounted in pack ice wouldn't move much, if it all, and could certainly be stable enough of a platform to perform observations....but this is off-topic anyway, even you admit it is possible

But they all show multiple earth bound objects. 'Deep Impact' comet got blown into pieces, more than one object. Armageddon had earth bound objects hitting Earth before the main event, more than one object. Battle LA, the comet cluster WAS the invasion as with Attack the block, again more than one object.

edit on 2-4-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

OK, so the Burckle crater happened about then.

The mayan calendar was back-dated to this exact time, WHY?

Comet/Meteor falling depicted in 5000 year old rock carving

There is plenty more if you dig deep enough.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

'Might not'. Precisely. I would hazard a guess that a ship mounted in pack ice wouldn't move much, if it all, and could certainly be stable enough of a platform to perform observations....but this is off-topic anyway, even you admit it is possible

A smaller scope could be mounted on an inertial frame. The problem with a ship is vibrations and rocking. The shaking due to engines could be enough to ruin long term exposures or high magnification exposures. Wide imaging reduces the impact of these issues as does shorter exposures.

But they all show multiple earth bound objects. 'Deep Impact' comet got blown into pieces, more than one object. Armageddon had earth bound objects hitting Earth before the main event, more than one object. Battle LA, the comet cluster WAS the invasion as with Attack the block, again more than one object.

The man made break up in Deep Impact was of a single incoming comet.Armageddon had impacts from meteorites associated with the main bolide, but none of them were comets. Just as meteor showers we see today occur when we pass through the debris trail of a comet the objects hitting the Moon and Earth were parts of the debris trail. I have not seen the other movies.

The Burckle Crater is interesting. Why do you think an impact in the Indian Ocean affected Europe or hit around Europe?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The mayan calendar was back-dated to this exact time, WHY?

Why do you think this? The Burckle Crater may not be a crater and it is not dated well. According to your link the impact was well after the 3114BC start date of the Mayan calendar.

And its really odd to think that rock art in Mongolia shows anything more than a fireball event if, and I say if shows such an event.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I spent a little time looking for more info on the rock art in Mongolia. I was hoping to find a drawing showing the rock art and nothing. Bummer. It would be interesting to see how the event was depicted.

The Burckle crater is too far from Mongolia for the people to have seen the impactor hit the Earth. The event would have been well below the horizon.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I'm not saying the Burckle was the only impact hence the comet 'cluster' claim. I think the whole planet was assaulted. I'm still investigating myself but had to share what I feel so far. I'm no believer of 'Nibiru' but I do believe we have a second dark sun.

When you say Mayan date of 3114 BC and the Burckle impact happened between 2800-3000BC. It's not that much more of a stretch to 3114BC. This would then mark the beginning of the catastrophe. A worldwide catastrophe and subsequent recovery from, would take, in the very least, 100 - 300 years in ancient times....maybe even that long in todays world with no electricity available.

My point is those movies depict multiple objects and/or impacts.I think it would be a little too obvious to allow every movie to depict comet clusters so one would expect the general idea to vary a little.

Finally, I think the Mayan calendar was back-dated because they were given the info from their 'gods' as to when the next cataclysm would happen. It was back-dated to the first to give those who can search back in time a dating period and then the countdown to the next event.
edit on 2-4-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The problem is that you are trying to twist the facts to meet some preconceived conclusion. If the date ranges do not overlap, then they do not overlap. The date range for the impact is given as a 200 year range. That's like a date plus or minus 100 years. You are essentially reducing the precision of the estimate to plus or minus 250 years.

You also estimate a long recovery time. Could you show that cultures worldwide were not growing, but stagnant at that time? The Egyptians seemed to be doing quite well. The earliest known hieroglyphics come from the 32nd century BC.

My point is those movies depict multiple objects and/or impacts.I think it would be a little too obvious to allow every movie to depict comet clusters so one would expect the general idea to vary a little.

The reason for multiple impacts is to fill the movie with wild stuff to watch. Melancholia did not have multiple impacts.

Finally, I think the Mayan calendar was back-dated because they were given the info from their 'gods' as to when the next cataclysm would happen. It was back-dated to the first to give those who can search back in time a dating period and then the countdown to the next event.

Another explanation is that the Mayan culture continued to use a calendar they were adopting. There was no back dating.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
A Alien craft that can cross the galaxy and possibly the universe at unimaginable speeds doesn't need to sneak up on us.

edit on 1-4-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

So I guess you've never heard of Jack Bauer.......

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
Maybe because the inner earth access hole at the north pole is much larger so that whole area is most likely on lockdown.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

Lol sorry to break it to you but I have been to the north pole several times and no entry to center earth.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Jace26

Actually, you are quite wrong. The place I am talking about is the South Pole. It happens to fall in the continent of Antarctica. I am not referring to the continent. I am referring to a position on the Earth.

If you read the thread please understand that the issue has to do with the Earth's axis and not a land mass.

Actually, you are quite wrong, the south pole is Antarctica and the north pole is the Arctic.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by ionsoul
This statement has a lot of truth. As the south pole has a different view than in the higher levels like the mid areas.
It is especially important to note that we are not privy to the activities at the south polar region.

Now you're privy.

Don't get too excited.

Something I just noticed.....

The South Pole looks a lot like the moon.

Not that it is obviously, but the barren sky, nothing in the background, even how the ground looks.

wrong topic i guess though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join