It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google's New Nintendo Feature Ad References Nazca Lines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I thought this was a joke at first, but apparently it's a new feature in google maps (at least for today - April fool's, I get it), but interesting the random reference of the Nazca Lines, especially when the girl in the video seems to say "Peru Nazca", and then the lines appear..

Google Maps is now available for 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment Systems (NES). Availability in Google Store is TBD but you can try it on your browser by going to maps.google.com... and clicking "Quest" in the upper right hand corner of the map.

What I'm referring to is at the 1:35 minute mark.. Would love some thoughts..

Your thoughts?
Good day...

edit on 1-4-2012 by rstregooski because: beer

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ha ha ha I love it!
Oh dear how I miss the 8-bit era!

Soon to come, 8-bit HDTV

edit on 1-4-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sweet, I gotta check that out

To be honest, I don't think there's some sort of an 'agenda' for them displaying the Nazca lines, the Sphinx or the Pyramid of Giza. I thought it was rather funny that it was in 8-bit form

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If the Eiffel Tower was mentioned instead would that have been a random reference? Guess I'm not getting your point.

Cool for google to do this, I'll have to check it out. They got some inspired from Dragon Quest I see.

edit on 1-4-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
If the Eiffel Tower was mentioned instead would that have been a random reference? Guess I'm not getting your point.

Cool for google to do this, I'll have to check it out. They got some inspired from Dragon Quest I see.

edit on 1-4-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

The Eiffel Tower doesn't have any existential questions associated with it, and the Nazca Lines are quite unknown to the greater population on this planet..

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I started a thread earlier but no-one cared lol

Take a look at some of the other places you can go to on 8bit

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
it's an april fools joke. it's not meant to be dissected for existential secrets.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Er... so whats the conspiracy?

top topics

join