It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘That noise was not thunder,’ Poconos residents say: Boom violently shakes houses in Pennsylvani

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
“The shaking last night lasted unusually long. Didn’t sound like thunder, didn’t feel like thunder, was wondering if something happened on 380/80; tanker accident.”

"It didn’t look like lightning; it looked like a bomb blew up in the air. I was on the second floor of the house; I didn’t see anything but I heard the boom and felt it shake the house. I actually felt it under my feet. The floors shook; I have never felt lightning shake the house like that before and we’ve been up here 20 years!”

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
Was it just thunder...Many residents seem to think otherwise.

“I was driving along 196 on my way home from work when I felt the BOOM. It was so extreme, my car shook and on my left hand side on an empty field – all I saw was this HUGE flash of light coming from where the airport location would be at. Afterwards, I heard nothing. Kinda scared me that I rushed home and locked my doors.”

one explanation from the article

"... weather expert Ben Gelber offered this explanation: “One possibility is that thunderstorms in our chilly environment near the surface tonight, associated with an inversion of warm air aloft, sound much louder.” He added, “The sound waves are refracted back to the surface and reverberate in ways that we normally do not experience as they bounce between the surface and the inversion near the base of the clouds.”

I would think that with so many people claiming that this was abnormal has some merit....

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I can't avoid focus in the "expert explanation". Great weather BS starting with the word "possible". I can't respect that sh**.

Man...If you got no clue, at least you got to be honest right?

I found a video about that guy :

edit on 1-4-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Flash of light? Check.
Rumbling/booming? Check.

It was lightning, nothing more. People are getting less and less intelligent by the day. I want out of this country.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Something is going on here and what it is ain't exactly clear,
More and more posts about this phenomenon and not one solid answer but a whole lot of speculation or just garbage ejaculation from the MSM.

I have nothing to add to your great post as I have not heard it "yet".

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Last night it was storming here pretty bad and after it stopped a heard what sounded like explosions, not thunder. Probably was just thunder, but that's kind of interesting how these people are reporting the same thing. I live in Central Illinois and have heard the explosions before, and even have had my house shook because of it. A few of my neighbors also experienced it so we have been following these claims very closely.

They have been happening in many different states, especially in Wisconsin. Those were dismissed as a 1.5 magnitude earthquake, but I think that's ridiculous. Something is happening, and if I'm wrong, good. I don't want this world to end or anything like that to happen.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Re: Flash of light? Check.
Rumbling/booming? Check.

It was lightning, nothing more. People are getting less and less intelligent by the day. I want out of this country.
Were you there? Do you really know it was lightning? Please justify your post.
edit on 1-4-2012 by AscendingPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AscendingPhoenix

I was in Northern Illinois last night, and it stormed here. I heard rumbling thunder too. Thunderstorms happen in spring. Use your brains, people.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
hmmm i wonder if people are familiar with sonic booms? You know when jets exceed the speed of sound

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by AscendingPhoenix

I was in Northern Illinois last night, and it stormed here. I heard rumbling thunder too. Thunderstorms happen in spring. Use your brains, people.

I am not saying you are wrong but with all these posts about the ground shaking etc, you have to wonder a bit no?
A lot of posters claiming this are well into life and are not just children whom have never been in a thunderstorm.
Just thought I would toss that into the mix here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

the point is that so many people said it was NOT thunder. I think these people have heard thunder before.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

that would be strange (I would think) to have jets flying above mach 1 in a thunderstorm

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This phenomena is far from new. From the book "The Dragon and the Disc" by Ted Holiday copyright 1973 pg. 124 "On 24 December 1964, Roger Rump, the head postmaster of Warminster, was awakened by a pounding on the roof of his house. He described it as a terrific clatter, as though all the tiles were being smashed. Dozens of other people complained of bangs, droning and explosions during the same period. U.F.O'S were widely reported and were believed to produce the sounds. An unexplained "thundering phenomena" does indeed occur. The first modern observation seems to have been provided by Colonel Godwin Austin who heard inexplicable detonations in the air in the spring of 1865 in Bhutan. A further description was supplied in 1895 by Colonel H.S. Olcott from the Barisal and Chalmari regions of the Brahmaputra. The sounds came to be known as the "Barisal Guns." Charles Sturt, discoverer of the Darling and Murray rivers, heard them in Australia in 1828-9 and commented: "It was not a terrestrial sound although it might have resembled a discharge of heavy artillery." The 'Thunderer' has also been heard in the U.S.A., Ireland, Britain, and many other countries. In Haiti, Kolosimo says it produced "superstitious terror." It is reasonable to suspect that there may be a connection between the "thunderbird" of Amerindian folklore, the thundering god Taranis of the Celts, the Barisal Guns, and U.F.O phenomena."
Please all people hearing these sounds go outside and look UP!!!! This noise is nothing new, but still unexplained and very interesting. Check out my sig link for my experience.....They are coming back, again and again.........

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This happened on the 30th.....maybe another one?

Explosion rocks natural gas compressor station

BY LAURA LEGERE (STAFF WRITER)Published: March 30, 2012

A small gas leak at heart of compression station explosion

SPRINGVILLE TWP. - An explosion at a natural gas compressor station in Susquehanna County on Thursday morning blew a hole in the roof of the complex holding the engines, shaking homes as far as a half-mile away and drawing emergency responders from nearby counties.

The 11 a.m. blast at the Lathrop compressor station off Route 29 sent black and gray clouds billowing from the building for several hours, but the damage was contained to the site and no one was injured, said a spokeswoman for Williams Partners LP, which owns the Lathrop station.

Automated emergency shutdown procedures stopped gas from entering or leaving the compressors, and Williams will do a full investigation of the cause and damage as soon as it is safe to go back into the building, Williams spokeswoman Helen Humphreys said.

"The emergency shutdown equipment did work properly to isolate and minimize the incident," she said. "Emergency procedures were immediately activated. That included notifying local authorities and first responders, and evacuating all personnel."

Read more: thetimes-tribune.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Just in
Its another Boom Report:

Ferndale, Michigan residents shaken by three mysterious booms and bright flashes
Posted on April 2, 2012

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

"April 2, 2012 – MICHIGAN – Ferndale Police are investigating what might have caused three loud booms and light flashes that shook homes and concerned many local residents Saturday night. The booms were heard around 9:30-10 p.m. and may have originated near the area of Hilton and Marshall. More than 40 people posted on Ferndale Patch’s Facebook page about the incidents — describing flashes of light seen in the sky, their homes vibrating with the noise, and helicopters heard overheard following the sounds. A Ferndale Police dispatcher said last night at 12:30 a.m. that they investigated the noise but could not find its cause."

edit on 2-4-2012 by azureskys because: fixed my mess

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Ya know how you see lightning with volcanic eruption? Well recently we have seen lightning that starts from the ground and goes up into the sky, the ice caps are melting and we skipped a winter. Farewell everyone i think the planet is about to explode.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well one poster said definitively that it is thunder. Must be thunder.

A hunter once told me:

To a a Turkey every stump is a hunter.

To a Deer every hunter is a stump.

I guess if I wanted to do something nefarious...I would just do it during a thunderstorm..as there are so many Turkeys and Deer.

Not sure what it is..but if it does not sound like thunder to those that know what thunder sounds like..perhaps it was not thunder.

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Call me nuts, I don't care...

There is war going on underground, the 'elites' are losing bases left, right and center.
You can assume its thunder, lightning strikes, fracking, or swamp gas... Its a battle underground. Its a gut feeling.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FearEater

Just like the kitty in your avatar says "proof it or it no happen".. MEOW

edit on 2-4-2012 by descendedstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
How many times does something have to happen before people go "hmm this couldn't possibly be a coincidence". My brain is telling me there's something going on underground, something they don't want us to know about.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

The guys not a 2 yr old. He's clearly been threw lighting storms before. He said it shook his house and floors and again... He has never experienced anything like that before.

Are you a neighbor? We're you there? Why must you talk down to... Act entitled enough to apparently know what someone has experienced without being in the vicinity ... It's really a form of bullying. Even if you had a higher IQ then the guy that experienced this along with others... ( enough people experienced this for it to make the news) are you making sure we all know it because..... It makes you feel... Better about yourself? I'm really trying to understand why you would dis- credit the feelings of others without having been there, without having all the facts, and more importantly why you just couldn't let the guy tell his personal story and simply respect that.

You acted as if the guy set out to bother you w/ his concerns... Experience... When common sense is that he did not. He was telling all of us that we're interested. You think to highly of your own opinion if you think you have to answer a post that was not directly directed to you.

The thing is... Large "Booms have been reported" in PA and surrounding states. It clearly makes sense that all unusual "booms" should be documented so that hopefully we can connect some dots or see a picture developing that points us into the direction of maybe saving lives. Ect

Be respectful brother... Even to the ones that you feel are just not as smart ass you are.

Spav5 you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loveee your comment! Hahahaha hah

edit on 2-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join