It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is good and God is evil?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deny777
reply to post by Infi8nity

And last but certainly not least: the devil is really the ego, which creates the illusions of duality and separation. Get rid of the ego, realize we are One and you've killed the devil.

Getting rid of ego? You are mistaken sir. Ego is not to be get rid off, but nurtured and understood, it is the thing that keeps you alive and safe. The point is: not to be controlled by your ego...that's a whole 'nother thing....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You forgot to mention that the first lie ever told was told by God. Now remember that when he told Adam not to eat of the fruit he said that if he did, "Surely that day you will die!" Yet Adam lived to be over 900 years old. It was the serpant who was telling the truth when he told Eve, "You will not die if you eat of the fruit." this is how it all starts. God also ordered the killing of the unborn, I am sure some of you are familiar with those parts of the bible as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but God is kinda a douchebag.

It's not living when you have nothing but BS and pain to deal with, that's torture. And look around, earth is a beautiful torture chamber.

Average human wakes up, goes and gets dressed, enjoys his/her paper and coffee, then goes and tends to his/her garden, commenting on how wonderful they look and smell, decides he/she needs more plant food, takes a nice little stroll to the local hardware N garden store to support local business, thinks to himself/herself, " what a great day it is, birds are out, sky is blue" , h/she thinks to himself/herself.
Then BAM!
He's/She's hit by a drunk driver, fleeing police from a fender bender.

Guy/Girl wakes up, see's god and punches him in the face and returns back to his/her home to tend his/her flowers...

Moral of the story, Don't die, or have plants.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Originally posted by Deny777

And last but certainly not least: the devil is really the ego, which creates the illusions of duality and separation. Get rid of the ego, realize we are One and you've killed the devil.

Getting rid of ego? You are mistaken sir. Ego is not to be get rid off, but nurtured and understood, it is the thing that keeps you alive and safe. The point is: not to be controlled by your ego...that's a whole 'nother thing....

I use the phrase "get rid of the ego" losely, but if you consider that the ego is the reason why we have greed, violence and fear, maybe that isn't such a bad idea after all is it? A nurtured ego will only make you more selfish and attached to the material world, which isn't really what matters most in this existence. It is really the means, not the end, which is something people who are too involved in their egos tend to mix up. Please don't take my reply as a confrontation of your point of view, consider it merely a different point of view

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

If you look at ego as being the self's way of describing the self, and not defining then you work out much better in life and the negatives don't become the groundpoint of the focus.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Think about this. God throws tempertantrums and wipes out cities, races and even the world. He orders his followers to cut babies from the womb muder children and mothers. He punishes generationaly and tortures people on a whim. Jesus agreed with the law of moses which meant death for 600 different offenses. He chastized men for not stoning their kids. Jesus agrees with all of gods actions. Since hes the human aspect of god he was responsible for gods countless old testament atrocities.

This makes god and the trinity evil. Anyone committing those actions is evil. No if ands or buts. Higher power or not they are inherently evil. Fortunately jesus and most of the bible are myth or outright fantasy.

It makes no sense that people worship a psychotic mythical genocidal homocidal serial maniac.

I mean if your going to pick a diety then pick a good one.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I enjoyed your thoughts.

There was an early Christian sect that believed Jesus was evil.

My only hope here is that you and others enjoy the freedom you have in being able to consider things like this and express your thoughts.

Just who is God, and just who is Satan? Thinking on all that, I know I am a man, doing the best I can with what I have.

Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well when you think about it, if the bible is to be believed, since we were made in gods image, that makes god:- A psychotic, mysogynistic, homosexual Serial Killer that likes to commit Genocide on a daily basis, but at the same time as being homosexual, also is a Straight homophobe that condemns anyone that is homosexual to death. On top of that, anyone that disagree's that god is the ultimate power, they will be sent to a place of fire and brimstone, and tortured for the rest of eternity, making god one fun little megalomaniac.

And Christians/Catholics wonder why more and more people are calling bullsh*t about their religion. Maybe more and more people are realising what a load of crap the bible is, and how it is just some fantasy story created by people a couple of thousand years ago to try and control the masses, while extorting them at the same time............

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by kennethmd
Both Adam and Eve already had the knowledge of good and evil before they ate the fruit. When God give them commandment not to eat the fruit, he were seeing if they will obey him or not. He was doing this cause Satin bet him that Adam and Eve will disobey him, even if they knew that they will die. Satin thinking that Adam and Eve will die as so as they had ate the fruit, went and convinced them in eating the fruit.

uhmmm dosnt the fruit represent knowledge? Knowledge of good and evil... so why keep them away from it if they all ready had it?
It was more to do with the commandment that God have giving them then fruit itself. Disobeying God commandment is a sin and sin itself is evil. All the fruit had done, is give them awareness of what going on around them. Because both of them realize that they were both naked.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moneyisgodlifeisrented
reply to post by Deny777

If you look at ego as being the self's way of describing the self, and not defining then you work out much better in life and the negatives don't become the groundpoint of the focus.

Great way of putting it

It would take me a lot more writing to convey the same message and I'd still probably come short

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Nice post! I've often asked the Jehova's witness people why god took away free choice from Pharaoh, and invariably that's when they are out of time and leave. Haha! It all makes more sense when you read the Sumerian texts, from which the biblical accounts of creation and the flood are taken. It also explains why it says "let us make man in our image. When you actually take the time to read the Bible, and not simply let someone else read it for you, the things you learn are quite astonishing. Happy day to you!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Neither is real so just move along.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
Neither is real so just move along.

Prove it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100[/I]
Your mind is rebelling against Him because somebody else has put the seeds of rebelldon there.

The sources of the quotes the OP is using here are from the bible...so with your argument, the bible has put seeds of rebellion in him? Makes a whole lot of sense there...

Star and flag for the OP though, some excellent points brought up there!

Let us not forget either:

If man was not exposed to knowledge, and did not know the difference between good and evil until Eve took the apple...then man could not possibly have known the difference between god and satan until that event...so the punishment god lays forth afterwards is a complete redundency of its own "myth".

This would be the equivelent of beating the crap out of a newborn puppy for doing something its never been taught was wrong, and couldn't have possibly understood right or wrong to begin with.

How could Eve possibly understand the price for her actions if that very understanding wasn't even there until she took the fruit?

Its just amazing to me that things like the above, and the points made by the OP are right there in christian's religious text...and yet this is still the god they want for themselves!

There's hardly a single simpathetic act commited by "god" in the bible that didn't further his own agendas of "spreading the word"...and yet christians really believe at the end of days that would suddenly change and "god" will suddenly become all loving?

We needed all loving from the start...not the constant hypocracy we've had from the christian "god" that all the hypocracy in the world we've had since has stemmed from!
edit on 2-4-2012 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Kinda surprised no one posted this yet:

Quite possibly the best scene in the movies describing this. ( He's an absentee landlord
)

All I know is this. Take a good look at the world in which you live. If God is in charge, I'd seriously question the mans motives if I were you. All these hard times people are having, I don't buy that "testing your faith" crap for one second. I personally have written things, said things, and have lived by example to where people were changed for the better. Maybe not total life changing experiences, but at least they opened their eyes to the fact that they can have a better life than what they have now. With more peace and love in it.......and I didn't put them through a lot of emotional BS to get them to that point.

If I can do that, an ex drug addict, why can't God? Why does he have to be a prick about it and "test our faith?" If he was so sure that his way was the right way he'd have more of a take it or leave it attitude. He would have faith that we would eventually come around. If I have faith that good will always win out, why can't he? Reminds me of a line in the Tom Petty song "Breakdown."

It's alright if you love me
It's alright if you don't
I'm not afraid of you running away honey
I get the feeling you won't

Don't get me wrong, there are positive and negative forces.....vibes.....whatever you want to call them, at work everyday. If there weren't, if this thing called life were just a free-for-all with reason scattered to the wind, I would've been dead a long time ago. Something has been watching over me for a long time now and it sure as hell wasn't the God portrayed in the Bible. He was too busy "testing my faith" and putting hardships in my way that were "character building" experiences. Whatever.

And Satan? All I can say about that guy is that during the past 2,000+ years no one has ever questioned where he stands. You either think he's evil or you don't. There's no grey area there where God has seemed to have lived for the past 2,000+ years. Every thread I run across here questions God, not his "evil" twin. When was the last time anyone here had an orgasm? Raise your hands. Did you thank God? You hypocrite. He didn't want you to have one remember? He wanted to leave you in the dark when it came to the wonders of the flesh, which is why he "cast out" Adam and Eve when Satan talked her into biting the apple. When Satan told her "Go ahead, you'll like it" Did he lie to her? No. I don't know of ANYone who doesn't like orgasms and you can thank the devil for that. Besides which, they lead to having babies which in turn keep this planet populated.

If I were in his shoes I'd come across as angry all the time too. Nobody ever says anything good about him and they certainly don't give him any credit when their bedroom shenanigans are over. Now that I think about it, when was the last time you ever heard a church goer say they pray for the soul who needs it the most. Satan. Seems to me a "Godly" person would want to save him from himself. Think of the bragging rights.

But nooooooo, he's down and by God they're going to keep him there. And kick him a few times for good measure. Really sweet people aren't they? I've known people like that. In the devils shoes so to speak. They're misunderstood, disliked because of it and roundly ignored. And while everyone turns their backs and walks away, they talk sh*t while they're going. ( Trust me honey, I've been there to where I felt life was kicking my a**. Once I started kicking back.......it was all good) Is it that hard to stop and talk to them? Get to know them? Understand them? Apparently so. Pathetic.

The point of all this is simply that there's something bigger than this man made notion of God and Satan. It's something that we haven't quite put our finger on yet, myself included, but since humans don't like to NOT understand something, we put a label on it, God, and build a religion around it.

God.........the wife mankind "settled" for because it's too hard for us to find and "work" for the real thing.

edit on 2-4-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This is one of the more ignorant things I've seen lately.

First, Adam and Eve ate of the fruit by their own free will, nobody coerced them into , God told them what would happen, you will surely die.

It says here,

James 1:13
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts he any man:

The reason that the Flood, killing of the first borns of Egypt, Sodom and Gomorrah, happens is because its really, well a natural culling, you have these people committing things that are wicked, It says the depths of it. But attacking Isreal. The seed of those people has to be cut off, we cant see the repercussions of not doing it. Assuredly if you leave remnants they are just going to come back with a vengeance against Israel.

When the Lord told Saul to destroy all the Amalakites its because they were continually committing wickedness and primarily against Israel. Do some research on this.

Now when I look at Proverbs in the King James version it says,

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

A servant will not be corrected by words: for though he understand he will not answer.

Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

I see nothing like that.

I know without a doubt we are the authors of our suffering, when you go to what is hell,

Romans says the wages of sin is death,

Romans 6

I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Satan surely did kill people did in the bible and still does, order men to kill children he killed Adam and Eve and everyone he tempted with the knowledge of good and evil, that is what Satan has created.

We war not against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities and spiritual wickedness in high places.

Gods judgment is always righteous. Because God is the divine nature, the Alpha and the Omega, I know now that I can say that everything that happens Is for a reason, it is. And that's why we cant comprehend it, we can only do what we are supposed to.

Jesus came for this reason, to destroy the works of the devil.

For he is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Satan is our adversary, tormenting Gods people day and night they had no rest.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour:

Your final argument shows your no better than the men in Matthew.

He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

edit on 2-4-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The whole purpose is to understand that God and only One God is realy in control.Because everytime mankind thinks they can control and fix it all they ruin everything.
Still is a mystery of why Life is the way it is though.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Uh... Satan isn't good.

Like a comment before mine, I'll have to agree--tough love is all that is. Satan can look good or bad, either way, as long as he slips you away from The Lord, he doesn't care what you follow. You're analyzing this whole thing in a one-sided way.

God isn't evil. He's rough. If he was evil, he wouldn't have sent his son to die for our sins.

Don't speak of him as though he's a person. He's not your equal.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You have the choice to worship whoever you like fool (pity). But be warned, you better be right....because if you are wrong, you are in for a rude awakening.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
The whole purpose is to understand that God and only One God is realy in control.Because everytime mankind thinks they can control and fix it all they ruin everything.
Still is a mystery of why Life is the way it is though.

It is the way it is because most people turn to something higher than themselves to believe in. To give them strength to do things they FEEL they can't do on their own. This is why things are so screwed up. It's OK to have faith in a higher power, but it's not OK to let that higher power, that faith, dictate what you do, and how you think and feel.

I just can't understand how people can let faith run their lives. I have faith the good will always win over the bad. It may take more time than you like, but it will happen. But I'm a realist too. I realize that you can't run on faith alone, turn the other cheek and forgive all the time. Everything in moderation. There comes times in peoples' lives that you have fight back against the things that are holding you back from having a better life. In extreme cases you have to do some really bad things to other people in order to get that job done.

It doesn't mean that you're going to "hell" as long as the ends justify the means.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join