It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is good and God is evil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by jiggerj

Let me get this straight.....you are an atheist, and yet you speak of sinners and non-sinners...
Just to let you know, there are no non-sinners. We all make mistakes(sin). So you don't get the choice of being around Saints or not. There are none.

We Christians are just like you, only we are forgiven...

I love this. If Christ rose today he'd probably be aghast there's a religion named after Him, especially one that considers its followers bound for Heaven while those who don't believe are bound for purgatory.

Christ loved sinners, too, remember.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'm not a bigot. Some of my best friends are Satanists.

www.religioustolerance.org...

Major emphasis is placed on the power and authority of the individual Satanist, rather than on a God or Goddess.

They believe that "no redeemer liveth" - that each person is their own redeemer, fully responsible for their own life.

"Satanism respects and exalts life. Children and animals are the purest expressions of that life force, and as such are held sacred and precious..." 2 Children and animals are not abused or killed.

Those Satanists who believe in Satan or Set as a living entity do not worship or demonstrate their faith in him (as, for example, Christians worship and pray to their God).

They believe that one should live out their lusts and desires, and enthusiastically explore the "seven deadly sins" with other consenting adults.

They follow many beliefs, practices and rules of behavior which are in conflict with traditional Christianity, and essentially all other religions.

Uniqueness and creativity are encouraged.

Religious Satanism - its supposed origin:

Modern Satanism is generally (though mistakenly) regarded as a creation of Aleister Crowley (1875-1947). Aleister was in fact a very prominent ceremonial magician who based his rituals partly upon Judeo-Christian principles. He was raised in a Plymouth Brethren family, but developed an early dislike of organized conservative Christianity. After university, he joined the Order of the Golden Dawn, which practiced ceremonial magic based on:

the Kaballah (a.k.a. Cabbalah, Cabala), a Jewish mystical tradition,
Rosicrucianism (a mystical blend of alchemy, Judaism, etc.),
Freemasonry (a men's fraternal organization), and
Theosophy (a Gnostic tradition believing in a common thread that links all religions).

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
so, God
omnipotent, omnipresent God
creates the universe down the the last atom
creates the angels, who he knows better than they know themselves
creates the humans, who likewise, knows oh so well
...then is surprised and angered by rebellion in heaven?
okay, so maybe he forgot he engineered that capacity into them.
and maybe he had his future sight turned off that day.
i get it, even the all powerful must have an off day occassionally.

so he gets over that debacle, and settles down to make a nice place for his two new humans to live.
makes this beautiful pristine paradise where there is no hunger or sickness
perfectly suited to human life
where his two charges can indulge the curiosity he no doubt spent whole nights tinkering away at
...then he takes the one piece of fruit in the universe that he legit doesn't want them to touch
points out how delicious it looks
then plonks it down right next to them in their beautiful garden home
not even so much as a fence around it
with some tactful words about never ever over my dead body
....what did he THINK would happen?

the only conclusion i can reach is that God is seriously trolling.
not necessarily 'good' or 'evil' because i don't actually know what those mean
but certainly if i saw him posting on the internet i'd roll my eyes
and have to bite my tongue.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

The one that the religious people worship is a rogue god he is not even a god, he is an ascended human and because of him, we have to experience multi-lifetimes : we have to be rich, poor, brave , afraid, careless, care.....the list goes on.....untill we are balanced human beings....then we receive or true abilities and life gets good.

How do I know this....... the gods are aliens, but not to us.

The reason the god worshipers hate satan is because he will not forgive them....

are we sure this is the 21st century

edit on 2-4-2012 by dontlaughthink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

No, listen to this video. Satan was not good. Lucifer maybe is, not Satan. Satan was Lucifer's apprentice. Lucifer resided in Venus and was more feminine. While Satan was from Saturn.

Please watch this so you don't get confused.

Originally posted by nightbringr
You make some surprisingly good points. Not going to start worshiping Satan now but you provided some food for thought.

Op makes a good point however, it is erroneous to think Satan is a good guy. Those in power ARE behind satan. However Lucifer is the one that gave humanity the knowledge. His intent was to get humanity to evolve in a way that one must surpass obstacles. The video explains more on this.
edit on 2-4-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Personally i see it being just, that god sent Adam and Eve out from the garden of Eden. I mean he gave them true paradise. They had free will and could do whatever they wanted and enjoy the bounty of THE greatest wonders. They were given one simple rule. DO NOT EAT FROM THIS TREE, DON'T EVEN GO NEAR IT. By them disobeying this simple rule they should be cast out. I feel like it was a test to see if they respected everything they were given. When they didn't and were tempted by the serpent to eat from the tree they were punished and rightly so. By listening to a serpent and not god, shows they did not deserve what god gave them. Why would you take advice from a simple creature rather than the omnipotent being that created you?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
gotta love all the religious people talking like they know everything about everything and like it happened yesterday and they know 100% fact about everything and we should all listen to them.

I just can't believe people devote their life to something that has never been proven to exist, worship a book that has been mistranslated over hundreds of years. THAT'S insane. I mean seriously, it's like the highest form of brainwashing, believing and devoting your life to something just because someone else tells you to and says "here it tells you in this book". Religion has proved time and time again to be one of the worst things ever created on this planet and the worst part is that not one single thing can be proven yet people just follow along like sheep

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
You need to look at where satan comes from ,
Saturn the greek god from the universe creation myth !

you should check that out , Satan isnt evil , christians just made the roman god look evil
to get rid of their belief system

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
You mention the book of revelations in your OP, well just remember the book of revelations tells us the Devil enslaves man and creates war.

Also Revelations tell us that the ~Devil dosent stand a chance against God, and God wins.

Dont back a loser, back a winner. Back God!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
All religions on this planet have been used only for one thing: control over the masses. It's not something to be worshipped. It is the blueprint for mass brainwashing and total control and influencing a single person's actions. Look at Jesus-camp in the USA. It reminds me of a softened MK-Ultra/Project Monarch program, where they induce trauma and heightened emotional stress in children while pounding them with religious dogmas. I saw one of their hour-long recording of their activities, and i was shocked to see a live sized paper George Bush jr. being worshipped like somekind of a God. Religion and politics mixed together IS brainwashing. There were interviews with the children and they were blindly spewing religious nuttery, not caring about the actual meaning of the message, and not realizing that they are contradicting themselves and their own religion by their actions and words. Same goes for Islamists and the like. A misinterpreted, twisted, mis-translated religious text is a weapon of mass destruction and mind control. I hate it with all my heart, while being (at least trying to be) an individual with morals and care for others. Your actions define your personality, not how much you can quote from a thousand year old book....

I have also noticed that debating these kinds of things with religious people is like arguing with a brick. Pointless and a complete waste of time and energy. Im an atheist with a slight interest in the occult philosophies, but you dont see me walking around forcing my beliefs on others. Why? Because i respect their point of view and way of thinking. Im not offended by religious people - while they are offended by me, simply because i dont share their views. I dont ring the doorbells of people at 6 in the morning only to ask them if they follow the words of God - while religious people do that to me after a hard night at work. You dont see me begging for money from random people so we could get another golden chair for the church and the priests to sit on - while people living on the street behind the church are starving - but religious people do it. I have seen entire families get ruined by a religious "christian" cult in my country who get billions in donations tax free, ride around in BMWs and fancy clothes and built a multi-million superchurch so they can brainwash even more people in there. Religion sickens me. Im all for good morals, but GODDAMN IT people why dont you use your brains when you deal with religion? Blindly following some ancient text, just because it is widely accepted will not grant you a place in heaven - if you stay stupid while you do it.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Lacerta because: added some things

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
OP can I highly recommend reading this book:

The Devil's Apocrypha: There Are Two Sides to Every Story
John A. De Vito (Author)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
check it out
god, devil
godevil
I saw that on a license plate a while back, I actually always thought the two words were connected, that tripped me out, as well i had a conversation with some youngsters couple night about this.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Op, you throw some very interesting ideas out to the audience, and none can be refutted.

The love one must have for god, is like what cultural-psychologists call "prisoners dilemia." Which, an individual begins to understand, and succumbs to the individual in charge by the beatings, brutality, and shear shock that the individual partakes in.

Good thread, hard to argue with what God had his serfs write down, is it not

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Pretty obvious isn't it? Jehovah is the Demiurge of the Zionists and the "God of this world", as long as it's run by Zionist banksters. And I don't mean "Jewish". The Gnostics have known this for thousands of years.

The Bible is telling the story of "Creation" as an allegory. Genesis 1 is telling us of INVOLUTION and Genesis 2 proceeds with EVOLUTION. The truth is that it is neither literal nor linear. There was no "In the beginning".

Here's a couple of eye-openers by Ms. Blavatsky, often accused of being a "Satanist" by people who don't know what they're talking about, that will really help anyone who wants to understand this role reversal in the Scriptures..... the first one explains the deception involved with the simple mistranslation of bere#h as "in the beginning" and then there is the phenomenal "Satan" series..... She refers to the literal reading as "profane"....

PAGAN ROOTS: In the Beginning

www.blavatsky.net...

SATAN: The Evil Spirit

www.blavatsky.net...

SATAN: The Cosmic Reflection of God

www.blavatsky.net...

SATAN: JEHOVAH

www.blavatsky.net...

SATAN: Lucifer

www.blavatsky.net...
edit on 2-4-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that God/Satan are aliens. God I reackon is simply an interstellar businessman.

He want's to make a huge killing on the meat/slave market and have invested in Earth, much like we invest in cattle and other natural resources. Plant a crop and let it grow, then harvest it and sell it, or what ever.

Religion was created with the idea in mind that someday he'd return and take all the faithful up into heaven.

If you wanted to make an easy buck with little effort, you'd make the cattle willling to go with you in some way. A farmer might lead them with a bail of hay. God will lead his willing cattle with their belief.

Perhaps Lucifer, was like an abolutionist or "Vegan/Hippie"
or something and tried to stop god and got pwnd.

Perhaps god told his followers to reject this Lucifer dude, in order to prevent his flock from thinning.
edit on 4/2/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Good stuff and makes sense and GOD spelt backwards is DOG and DEVIL is LIVED hahahaha

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

i would greatly appreciate it if you would knock it off with all this logic sir. please and thank you!

why is it so hard for some people to see beyond the "bible"?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Nothing like arguing over fairy tales

but I believe that the whole satan thing never really existed until the new testament, when people were getting out of order so they wanted to scare them straight.

But ive thought about this before, if this satan character is such a grand deceiver, what better way to trick people into following you then to make yourself look like the good guy? Making heaven/hell/god/satan vice-versa. I mean, if you think about it "god" sounds like one cruel SOB whos never done anything good for anyone.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

I subscribe to this theory. They could be out of this world beings, that were worshiped for their advanced technology and knowledge. Their confrontation is most likely something like a foot soldier refusing to obey orders from a sargent (I'm not familiar with military hierarchy). Since we, the humans, were almost cave dwellers back than, we saw that as much more than it really is. It was in reality most likely a confrontation of opposing armies, where the winner is not necessarily the good guy, but not bad either.
Good or bad as we know it, exists only in our human limited capacity of understanding.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Since you're analyzing the subject from a child-like perspective, let me offer you a parallel that's easier to grasp:

Let's suppose you have two parents sharing the task of raising a teenager, who spends one week with each parent. One of them makes the kid wake up early, go to school, do his chores and homework and practice sports, feeds him healthy food and keeps track of his friendships and whereabouts at all times. The other parent doesn't care if he studies, lets him drink as much as he wants, allows him to do drugs and go to parties at will, in other words, basically letting him do whatever he wants.

Now, who does the kid think is the best parent? Who's *actually* the best parent?

A couple of related considerations:
1. The old testament was written in a time when the only way people would do the right thing was through fear, hence the vengeful God described in it.
2. If the spirit lives forever, what's the harm in "killing" people existence? It would be just part of the experience.

And last but certainly not least: the devil is really the ego, which creates the illusions of duality and separation. Get rid of the ego, realize we are One and you've killed the devil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join