It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is good and God is evil?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by A-Dub
But ive thought about this before, if this satan character is such a grand deceiver, what better way to trick people into following you then to make yourself look like the good guy? Making heaven/hell/god/satan vice-versa. I mean, if you think about it "god" sounds like one cruel SOB whos never done anything good for anyone.

That sounds about right.

To me, Jehovah/Yahweh is the devil. He is the grand deceiver and is not the real universal God that Jesus spoke of.

You mean the God of the old testament, who inspired the Torah. The same Torah that Yeshua said he came to fulfill (Matthew 5:17-20)? So Yeshua came to fulfill the devils Torah, while preaching about a higher transcendent god?

Just think about what you're saying...
edit on 2-4-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Psychological Profile: God

God can be considered to be a disorganized killer. There is much evidence of overkill (great floods, fires, earthquakes, etc), signifying rage and frustration. There is no pattern to these events as well, usually because disorganized killers are guided by delusion. They also don't try to hide what they do (quite the opposite - God has very noticeable M.O.s). Usually disorganized killers have poor interpersonal skills and their extreme psychosis causes them to be solitary (cough).

God, especially the Old Testament God, was a pretty vengeful god. Aggressive behavior. The violent outbursts might indicate great, personal emotional conflicts, making him prone to rage. While smiting, he is in control - suggesting may be powerless elsewhere. He also claims credit for what he's done even when he wounds intentionally - sadistic tendencies. Destructive on one hand, and offering salvation with the other - this gives his a sense of power, too. His theatrics (flooding an entire world, famine, plagues of locusts, killing all the first born sons, etc) suggest the need for recognition. The attacks happen on a grand scale, and are very prominent - he's arrogant. The need for recognition would suggest low self-esteem, the feeling of being underappreciated - he may be killing to reclaim power, and overkill hides his insecurity. Overcompensating for his lack of power, he craves control, stability, and security. It comes from his desire to prove his strength, to prove he's not weak. His lack of sophistication (SMITE SMITE SMITE) also shows a lack of maturity.

God also set alight Sodom and Gomorrah to punish the wicked (brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven). Some of his actions fit the arsonist profile. Arsonists derive pleasure from setting fires, deriving either sexual gratification or a sense of power from it. And since God is omnipresent, he probably watched - most arsonists will stay to watch because they thrive on the fear and panic they create, as it gives them the sense of having power over life and death. Usually motives for arson are profit, revenge or vandalism - in this case, God didn't like all the sin that was going on (revenge). Arsonists are usually socially incompetent, lacking in self-confidence, and has trouble with the opposite sex (makes a lady pregnant without even taking her out to dinner counts).

God also has a narcissistic personality. He had an ENTIRE BOOK written about him and his exploits. I rest my case.

I would also suggest assessing God for borderline personality disorder. He thinks all relationships revolve around him. When he decides on things, it's absolute. Anyone in a relationship with him would be the subservient one. Visible manifestations include intense bouts of anger and sensitivity to rejection.

God fits the cult leader profile. Usually they are charismatic leaders who appear strange or weird to others, and are older than the rest of the cult. They are intelligent, sociopathic and manipulative, able to mimic honesty and sincerity to convince their members. Cults also create their own language - they have their own vocabulary which separates members from outsiders clearly - a form of thought control.

God's relationship with his cult members are that of the dominant and submissive. The dominant one is the one instigating and planning, usually the one taking lives, and in turn makes the submissive feel powerful through him. In turn, the submissive(s) gladly do the dominant's bidding. The submissive(s) may be unwilling, but require the dominant for power or guidance or fear punishment, so they must obey.

God gets compliance without force by two means - 1) the threat of force ("Behave otherwise I'll send you to Hell to burn for an eternity etc") OR 2) previously established trust, using a ruse ("Behave and I'll send you to heaven, which is full of peace and love and honey and bunnies because I Love You"). However, sadists can't feel love, so this is definitely a lie. When he does use force, it would be because the person "committed a sin and deserved it" - deflecting blame and culpability onto his victims.

God's killings don't have a sexual component. This can indicate two things - either God has prepubescent mental development, or his victims are immediate relatives. And aren't we all God's children?

Thus, I can conclude that God is the most prolific serial killer of all time, and predict he will escalate - more attacks on an even bigger scale. Judging by the news, he's doing just that.

A. B. Normal, M. D.

edit on 2-4-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by A-Dub
But ive thought about this before, if this satan character is such a grand deceiver, what better way to trick people into following you then to make yourself look like the good guy? Making heaven/hell/god/satan vice-versa. I mean, if you think about it "god" sounds like one cruel SOB whos never done anything good for anyone.

That sounds about right.

To me, Jehovah/Yahweh is the devil. He is the grand deceiver and is not the real universal God that Jesus spoke of.

You mean the God of the old testament, who inspired the Torah. The same Torah that Yeshua said he came to fulfill (Matthew 5:17-20)? So Yeshua came to fulfill the devils Torah, while preaching about a higher transcendent god?

Just think about what you're saying...

Do you notice how whenever there is a Biblical discussion, no one can agree on a meaning?

Just think about it...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
reply to post by jiggerj

Let me get this straight.....you are an atheist, and yet you speak of sinners and non-sinners...
Just to let you know, there are no non-sinners. We all make mistakes(sin). So you don't get the choice of being around Saints or not. There are none.

We Christians are just like you, only we are forgiven...

Yes I am an atheist, and I will speak on matters pertaining to IF there were a god, but to show the incredibly obvious flaws in the bible and in religion.

If you believe in a creature with evil powers,
If you believe this creature can sneak by a god to torment people on earth,
then this god is either not all-powerful and all-knowing,
or he ALLOWS the beast to tempt you, which means,
your god and the devil are working together, or
your god IS the devil.

If you believe that a god gave Moses the ten commandments,
and if you believe that one of those commandments is Thou shalt not kill,
then you MUST believe that this is not a request. It's a COMMANDMENT!
It's a direct order from your GOD! DO NOT KILL!
But, since mankind disobeyed that order by killing a guy named, Jesus,
we all get our sins forgiven. Isn't that wonderful!!! Isn't it a bunch of twisted, contradictory BULL????

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

So true, mostly the discussion is : 'my god's bigger than you yours'

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Yes, I do. There are are people that don't argue scripture with scripture, people who promote what they hear through heresay (or worse ZIEGIEST), and people that attempt to circumvent scripture with logic. If you don't like it, bye.

Within the more astute, refined circles of biblical study people agree, there are answers. People just won't dedicate the time to do the proper research, but dedicate time to come on here and be less than tolerant, obnoxious, or pejorative.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Don't think you'd be as confused if you read what the Bible says. Try to answer some of your own questions. You can ask me a question if you'd like.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by john46h

Satan punishes evildoers.

Yup, evil Satan punishes evil souls. Wait a doggone minute here? If Satan were evil, wouldn't he attack only good souls? Why would he punish his own evil kind?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Always bugged me.

God came down and gave Mary a baby. I have never heard if this was artificial insemination or the implanting of an embryo. Doesn't matter!

Mary was married to Joseph and there is this Commandment about not taking another mans wife. Should Mary be stoned (as in to death). Is Jesus a bastard. Is he a God or is he half human. It is very confusing!

P

Hey hey! You're not supposed to ask questions like that. Be like a child. Have blind faith and just believe without any evidence whatsoever. JUST BELIEVE!!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by autowrench

Why bother ?? Clearly this thread is aimed at the incredible variety of sheep that are affected through FEAR one way or another by this insideous book...

All religions are created to cause doubt, and too ensure that noone can find truth fully.. so they will be destroyed.

Let me make this clear I am not trying to "awaken" any one. I am trying to discuss it to disprove or prove it. So far I have not heard any one say exactly why (evidence) of why satin is so evil compared to God (who seems more evil) in a christian point of view.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy

reply to post by allprowolfy

It just says kings, not ALL the kings.

The verse is in reference to David, how he had help from God slaying Goliath, which caused him to become king. The author didn't know that people like Godfrey and Pope Urban II would start crusades in the name of God, killing millions. Think critically, he could've only been talking about kings within Jewish, Chaldean, and Assyrina history. Near East as a whole.

I see that you have selective reading habits, no big deal, but for me, you cannot say that there is just one god in the very same sentence AS:It just says kings, not ALL the kings.

Bit ironic and counterintuitive, is it not

Yes, actually I can. Doctrine isn't as mysterious as you're making it out to be. Of course nobody can read the mind of the author, but judging on the context, the nature of the Bible, and the authors own words, one can certainly say that this is most likely a reference to the biblical King David. People go to school for this, I currently go to school for this. You're just guessing.

I as well go to College, and words are specifically chosen for their meaning, in the bible, and in Law. Your the pot calling the kettle black, with your choice of words from above statement: You're just guessing"

If you claim to be a Doctrine student in Catholisim, then you would have known, that words, sentences, and meanings in the bible, mean just that; for their specific purpose. It is up to the individual, to be an selective reader, or collective reader of the passages.

In Layman's terms: You either choose to believe all of the bible, or none of it. The bible is not a piece of academic literature that can be picked over for it's choice words, like that of a "strawberry field"

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickldd92
Personally i see it being just, that god sent Adam and Eve out from the garden of Eden. I mean he gave them true paradise. They had free will and could do whatever they wanted and enjoy the bounty of THE greatest wonders. They were given one simple rule. DO NOT EAT FROM THIS TREE, DON'T EVEN GO NEAR IT. By them disobeying this simple rule they should be cast out. I feel like it was a test to see if they respected everything they were given. When they didn't and were tempted by the serpent to eat from the tree they were punished and rightly so. By listening to a serpent and not god, shows they did not deserve what god gave them. Why would you take advice from a simple creature rather than the omnipotent being that created you?

LOL Did you actually read what you wrote? And you didn't find anything 10 ways to crazy?

The biblical god is all-knowing. He didn't need to test Adam and Eve. He would've known what they would do. When god commanded them not to eat from the tree of knowledge, why didn't Adam speak up and say, "Well, take the damn tree out then!"

All-knowing, all-powerful god, and yet he had NO idea that the devil snuck into Eden to tempt Adam and Eve? Not so all-knowing I guess.

Why would I take advice from an evil, talking serpent? For the same reason I wouldn't eat a smurf. They don't exist.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickldd92
Personally i see it being just, that god sent Adam and Eve out from the garden of Eden. I mean he gave them true paradise. They had free will and could do whatever they wanted and enjoy the bounty of THE greatest wonders. They were given one simple rule. DO NOT EAT FROM THIS TREE, DON'T EVEN GO NEAR IT. By them disobeying this simple rule they should be cast out. I feel like it was a test to see if they respected everything they were given. When they didn't and were tempted by the serpent to eat from the tree they were punished and rightly so. By listening to a serpent and not god, shows they did not deserve what god gave them. Why would you take advice from a simple creature rather than the omnipotent being that created you?

A test? It was not apple, the apple represents knowledge. God was keeping knowledge. Did you even read the post?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
You mention the book of revelations in your OP, well just remember the book of revelations tells us the Devil enslaves man and creates war.

Also Revelations tell us that the ~Devil dosent stand a chance against God, and God wins.

Dont back a loser, back a winner. Back God!

AWESOME!!! finally, this is why i created the thread. I do not know much about religion. Lets discus this.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere
Food for thought OP,,,thanks S&F

I have a question for those of religion

If God is our father, wouldnt he at some point want us to stand on our own two feet, as he (should have) taught us to do and stop depending on him, and become Gods ourselves
(I as a father would)

What father wants worship? A "thanks dad", a phone call every now and again, a steak,,,yeah. But sacrifice,worship and unbridled loyalty? That's not a dad, that's a tyrant.

I can't speak for you, but I stopped depending on my father (God) and blaming others (mainly the Devil) for my life a long time ago

edit on 2-4-2012 by consigliere because: (no reason given)

I don't think the Eden incident and God's warning can be interpreted as purely punitive. God says don't eat from the tree or you will die. He didn't lie, they eventually died, but he never forsake them. I view the thing more as like :

"Well, you got on the bike, now you have to peddle. You will fall, but eventually you will learn to ride it and go places"

Man is appointed to die, but he gets to experience all the good and bad things concomitant with life. Love, kids, death, pain. God likes to see people do good and life. And like I said before, it was stay in Eden and live forever or be like him and die. God wanted the best for his kids.

I can't argue with God on the worship tip. If I created the universe and all men, I would want people to know that I did, and follow my wise words, and why a human be to deny that? What justification beyond "Because I can" is logical? But if you feel that way God understands and works to change that. If you look at Christianity, it's the least intensive in blind faith and constant worship.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamstalker
reply to post by Infi8nity

Good stuff and makes sense and GOD spelt backwards is DOG and DEVIL is LIVED hahahaha

Yeah, but consider this: The letter 'G' is the 7th letter of the alphabet. 'O' is 15. 'D' is 4. Add them together and the total is 26. Now, 2 goes into 6 THREE times. There are 3 letters in the word God. Three makes up the trinity. Jesus died when he was 33.

Holy crap! I BELIEVE!!! HAHAHAHA! Best and only evidence so far.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

This is a somewhat satisfactory answer.
So the guilt trip is really man made, as a control mechanism.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by dreamstalker
reply to post by Infi8nity

Good stuff and makes sense and GOD spelt backwards is DOG and DEVIL is LIVED hahahaha

Yeah, but consider this: The letter 'G' is the 7th letter of the alphabet. 'O' is 15. 'D' is 4. Add them together and the total is 26. Now, 2 goes into 6 THREE times. There are 3 letters in the word God. Three makes up the trinity. Jesus died when he was 33.

Holy crap! I BELIEVE!!! HAHAHAHA! Best and only evidence so far.

This is pretty creepy.
I have 333 stars, multiply that by 2 and you get 666
remove one of the threes, and you get the age at which Jesus died.
remove another and you get the trinity.
Coincidence ?

It appears I may be the Axis mundi.
edit on 2-4-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm a bigger fan of the number 2. Everything has an opposite, everything has a balance.

I'm a big fan of the Divine Duality.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
If he was evil, he wouldn't have sent his son to die for our sins.

THINK about the lunacy you're spewing. What does dying have to do with forgiveness of sins? All god had to do was appear in the sky and say, "I'm now forgiving sins."

There is no logical connection between mankind murdering the son of god and forgiveness of sins. IT MAKES NO SENSE. If someone today spoke like this he would be diagnosed with Disorganized Schizophrenia.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join