It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trying to do a background check on someone. what's the best site to use?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i have used instant checkmate and i can do unlimited searches on it. is there another website that when you join you get unlimited searches? or does anyone know which site is the best??

the problem with the checkmate site is that it gives incomplete information.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Facebook.

Of course, you'll probably have to send them a friend request.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You have to pay a fee with a credit card for that site. Any free sites around?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Becarefull alot of scam sites. I know alot of them wiill say they found your person but its not them or they will keep billing you monthes after.

Do you mean you want information on a person like criminal? if so and you know where there from or where they have lived and there name you cal look on local county websites quite a few of them have records. I made a bit of money while i was in Michigan finding out info for 2 people concerned over there BFs

EDIT: there aren't any reliable one i know of that will offer just a 1 off payments or free.

But there are plentyof resources out there to find out info for free. Like find someones address home phone number there parents and sibling names and if they committed a crime in a certain country that keeps these records on line then yes you can find em for free but it will cost a bit of work
[
hopes this helps some maybe some more information on your situation might help more
edit on 1-4-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Becarefull alot of scam sites. I know alot of them with say they found your person but its not them or they will keep billing you monthes after.

Do you mean you want information on a person like criminal? if so and you know where there from or where they have lived and there name you cal look on local county websites quite a few of them have records. I made a bit of money while i was in Michigan finding out info for 2 people concerned over there BFs

EDIT: there aren't any reliable one i know of that will offer just a 1 off payments or free.

But there are plentyof resources out there to find out info for free. Like find someones address home phone number there parents and sibling names and if they committed a crime in a certain country that keeps these records on line then yes you can find em for free but it will cost a bit of work

yes, a lot of them are scam sites that's why i'm asking. i'm willing to pay a small fee if i know i'm getting the right information. i don't think he's got a criminal record and i know his address and phone number. i think this guy is playing my friend and he's not being upfront about some things. i managed to find his marriage record but i can't find a divorce record. some of the sites don't give reliable info.

he also claims he doesn't use the internet so he is NOT on facebook. i can't find him anywhere on the internet.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Becarefull alot of scam sites. I know alot of them with say they found your person but its not them or they will keep billing you monthes after.

yes, a lot of them are scam sites that's why i'm asking. i'm willing to pay a small fee if i know i'm getting the right information. i don't think he's got a criminal record and i know his address and phone number. i think this guy is playing my friend and he's not being upfront about some things. i managed to find his marriage record but i can't find a divorce record. some of the sites don't give reliable info.

he also claims he doesn't use the internet so he is NOT on facebook. i can't find him anywhere on the internet.

Hmmmm well as far as i know divorce records are public information. If you know the places he has lived in his past you might be able to find them online on what ever court it was filed at. If not you can always go to the court in person and ask it would befree.

eDIT: as for the internet bit im sure you've gone through his phone and take note of names you and you friend don't recognize and dome some googling to see any possible hints to his past?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

i managed to find his marriage record but i can't find a divorce record. some of the sites don't give reliable info.

Divorce is a matter of public record and most counties in the US post those records on line. You should be able to find them with some effort.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
OK just found this site i have not* used it before but worth a shot

publicrecords.onlinesearches.com...
edit on 1-4-2012 by Bixxi3 because: *

EDIT: let me know if you had anyluck or not

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

haha! i have not looked at his phone since i just met him yesterday. neither has my friend who just met him last week.

as for the divorce records i can't figure that out. i don't know what state he may have divorced in. he's lived in several states but supposedly has been here for quite a few years. i THINK he married in florida in 98 but i can't find a divorce record for him or the woman listed on the marriage license. however... because i can't verify that it's him and not just someone with the same name and age i don't even know if it's his marriage license.

the other odd thing is i can't find any info on his business other than a yelp review. he's got no information on the net anywhere even though he owns his own electrical biz. that's just odd to me.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Bixxi3

haha! i have not looked at his phone since i just met him yesterday. neither has my friend who just met him last week.

as for the divorce records i can't figure that out. i don't know what state he may have divorced in. he's lived in several states but supposedly has been here for quite a few years. i THINK he married in florida in 98 but i can't find a divorce record for him or the woman listed on the marriage license. however... because i can't verify that it's him and not just someone with the same name and age i don't even know if it's his marriage license.

the other odd thing is i can't find any info on his business other than a yelp review. he's got no information on the net anywhere even though he owns his own electrical biz. that's just odd to me.
Some people, myself included, prefer to minimize their electronic foot print. Something you should also consider if you continue to patronize sites like this one.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Yeah, in this day and age not having an online store front is a bit odd, however if he is good, networking along with his awesome skills could keep him busy.

Considering this is a new relationship and your intuition is sending red flags, Its very possible that he is wanting some fun on the side.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

i just want to make sure my friend isn't getting scammed.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by DarthMuerte

i just want to make sure my friend isn't getting scammed.
I understand and appreciate that. Why not just ask him outright? "When and where did you get divorced?" If he obfuscates, then you know he is hiding something and your friend should end the relationship.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Bixxi3

HMMM well sadly there are several reasons why your searched may have failed. either he isn't divorced, it hasn't been put up online yet or your not looking in the right place.
I will look for a good site that you have to pay for.

As for the business that is odd, have a name? a work phone number? could always pretend to be a potential client and see how he reacts. or ask for his name at the business. or if you think he is trying to make your friend his bit on the side then take a day off and go follow him

EDIT: Has he been asking for money?

EDIT2: so you found a record that matched his name and age but thats all ?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak

Yeah, in this day and age not having an online store front is a bit odd, however if he is good, networking along with his awesome skills could keep him busy.

Considering this is a new relationship and your intuition is sending red flags, Its very possible that he is wanting some fun on the side.

not just that he has no online storefront... there's NOTHING.

he definitely triggered red flags when i was talking to him. i think he was lying about several things. he has several claims about his hobbies but then in conversation he was very evasive about it. i don't want to give specifics but i almost called him out on one thing i think he was lying about but i was trying not to be rude. he clearly indicated to me that he knew i knew he was up to no good.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak

not just that he has no online storefront... there's NOTHING.

he definitely triggered red flags when i was talking to him. i think he was lying about several things. he has several claims about his hobbies but then in conversation he was very evasive about it. i don't want to give specifics but i almost called him out on one thing i think he was lying about but i was trying not to be rude. he clearly indicated to me that he knew i knew he was up to no good.

have you told your friends these concerns? Also try asking him for a obscure bit of detail about something electrical and see where it goes lol

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Is he a licensed journeyman electrician? You should be able to verify that. If not, then ask him to explain the difference between Kirchoff's law of parallel circuits and Ohm's law. This is very basic electrical knowledge, which even a basic hobbyist should know.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Is he a licensed journeyman electrician? You should be able to verify that. If not, then ask him to explain the difference between Kirchoff's law of parallel circuits and Ohm's law. This is very basic electrical knowledge, which even a basic hobbyist should know.

Good idea i didn't even think of that one.

Lol good luck bringing that up casually OP

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

hahaha!! yeah, i'm not sure how i can casually bring that up. plus it may be a while before i see him again. i'm pretty sure he would want to avoid me. i get the feeling he knows i know he's not being honest.

there were some things other than electricity that we were talking about (several people involved in the conversation) that he seemed to be clueless about. he was asking me about my work and claimed his mother did the same but the way he was going about the conversation led me to believe he was making things up.

and guitar players don't generally have trouble naming the bands they've played with and then change the subject.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

he says he's a master electrician. how do i find out if that's true? i know he knows what he's doing. i don't really doubt too much that he's a good electrician. it's everything else that i think he's embellishing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join