It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy (private revelation) confirms Scripture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I noticed a verse read this morning at Mass. In the 1st reading for Psalm Sunday, it is Isaiah 50:6. Prophecy (private revelation) confirms words from the Old Testament, wow~!! Private revelation makes explicit what God has revealed.

Isaiah 50:4-7

The Lord hath given me a learned tongue, that I should know how to uphold by word him that is weary: he wakeneth in the morning, in the morning he wakeneth my ear, that I may hear him as a master. [5] The Lord God hath opened my ear, and I do not resist: I have not gone back. [6] I have given my body to the strikers, and my cheeks to them that plucked them: I have not turned away my face from them that rebuked me, and spit upon me. [7] The Lord God is my helper, therefore am I not confounded: therefore have I set my face as a most hard rock, and I know that I shall not be confounded.

~ ~ ~

www.thesacredheart.com...

Revealed to the pious, God-loving Sister Mary Magdalen of Sancta Clara Order, Franciscan, who lived, died and was beatified in Rome. Jesus fulfilled the wish of this Sister, who desired to ardently know something about the secret sufferings which He endured the night before His death. The Fifteen Secret Tortures Of Our Lord.

This devotion is approved and recommended by His Holiness Clement XII, (1730-1740)

12. For shame and affliction, they drove needles into the holes of My uprooted beard. They tied my hands behind My back and led Me walking out of prison with strikes and blows.

~ ~ ~

Posting a touching hymn, it's so beautiful, sung by Fernando Oretega on Youtube.

Oh Sacred Head Surrounded

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Cool story bro.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The Lord hath given me a learned tongue, that I should know how to uphold by word him that is weary: he wakeneth in the morning, in the morning he wakeneth my ear, that I may hear him as a master. [5] The Lord God hath opened my ear, and I do not resist: I have not gone back. [6] I have given my body to the strikers, and my cheeks to them that plucked them: I have not turned away my face from them that rebuked me, and spit upon me. [7] The Lord God is my helper, therefore am I not confounded: therefore have I set my face as a most hard rock, and I know that I shall not be confounded.

So you had an epihany that Isaiah was talking about Jesus? Well that makes sense, because he is one of the main prophets that nearly everything he speaks about is concerning Jesus, more speciically that Jesus is Yahweh.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by colbe

So you had an epihany that Isaiah was talking about Jesus? Well that makes sense, because he is one of the main prophets that nearly everything he speaks about is concerning Jesus, more speciically that Jesus is Yahweh.

Typology, prefigured...yes.

Then the manna mentioned in the Gospel, John 6, the reason, the manna in the desert prefigures the Eucharist.

The New Covenant is greater, instead of God providing mere food in the Old Testament, God provides the food of everlasting life, God Himself is the food of the New Covenant. The most Holy Eucharist. Amen.

top topics

join