It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason they leave us be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
question to all:

You an your family want to go visit somewhere.

Would you ever, in your life, choose to go to the most dangerous place you can think of ?

A place where just walking down the street could get you robbed, beaten or killed , possibly even raped.

A place where almost everything you do has some form of control attached to it.

A place where bad things happen, and yet people allow them to continue.

Who would ever want to live in such a place ? or even visit such a place ?

now: Wonder why we don't have an abundance of visitors coming here revealing themselves to us.

They value life.....their own.....and the safety and well being of others including their family.

They don't want to have to deal with our ignorance.

No think of some of the places on Earth you would never visit because it is too dangerous.

Think of all the dumb stuff that happens in places that you would never take your children.

No compare that to Earth....

That is why they leave us alone.....because we are dumb, stupid, think we know everything, violent, un-intelligent , lazy, irresponsible for our actions.....ect........the list goes on.

We are the place nobody wants to go. It's not that there isn't life else where, there is .
Life creates itself and it will always be, because the creator chooses to experience itself through us.

If anything other life is waiting for us to smarten up, to wake up to the fact that we could be beyond where we are currently if we choose to be. But since we are really one, we all need to choose this.

Some have yet to master being considerate to others and thinking what your actions might do to somebody else.

We are too selfish and we think we already know everything.

If you really want to be smart, then assume that you don't know the answer......always. If you don't know the answer, then you realize you don't know everything and there is knowledge still to be gained.

There is no " answer" to everything, but if we don't keep moving forward and progressing we will never find out if that is true.

It's easy to be on the side who doesn't have to prove anything. Only truly great people attempt to show others the knowledge they understand.

If you know something to be true then share it, but also assume that you could be 100% wrong. This will allow you to always be able to throw more knowledge into your knowledge basket. Therefore you never have a solidified understanding of anything because at any second you could be proven wrong, which is beautiful.

Even as I write this I must consider that maybe life only does exist here on earth. However, it would be ignorant of me to act like I know it as fact. I can't prove it, so why act like nothing else could be ?

What is the point of being behind an idea so much that you blind yourself to all the other beautiful knowledge of the universe that has yet to be discovered. It's just sitting there waiting for us to find out about it, yet we act like we know it doesn't exist , without actually knowing or being able to prove if it does or does not exist.

The same people who have "faith" in something they can't prove, act like the other side can't be true, yet they know nothing of the other side.

Anybody who acts like they know everything about something they know nothing about is not intelligent and should be listened to cautiously.

Think for yourself. Do what is your passion. When people have a passion they put more work and effort into it. in doing so, they give themselves a better chance to discover new knowledge that can be passed along. If they were to just do what everybody else did they would never actually learn anything new and we would never progress as a people.

The point being, we are a work in progress and we can be more than what we are, but we are only keeping ourselves from that point, only holding ourselves back. That is the power we have. To do as we wish, to experience what we like. We just don't take advantage of it for the right reasons.

I understand this kind of went off in a slightly different direction but it all came back full circle, like life.

We are not alone, and if we want to prove that we need to be better than what we are, we need to make an effort to stop being selfish and put the interests of all of humanity first. Starting TODAY.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
yes we are an exciting bunch

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Any self respecting Alien would avoid Earth like the plague...

Don't forget... at the current speed of light, the closest planets are just now seeing our old TV alien movies where we always shoot first (and I Love Lucy
live) and all that live WWII footage just now at about the 50 light year mark.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Earth...ghetto of the galaxies...thanks for putting it into perspective.....

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Well with everything that is going on now in the news it would be irresponsible of me to paint Earth as a Ghetto, given how many people might pick it apart that way...

But before American ghettos there were other Ghettos....Every place has even worse places and have had these places for thousands of years.

But yea If I was on the outside looking in, I wouldn't come here because really who could I trust ?

And if you can't trust the people who live in the place you wish to visit , then why would you want to be or go there in the first place ?

Why did we start trusting in others so much with things everybody should be aware about.

We elect people to worry about our money, our gov issues, education , health care.

Wouldn't it make more sense if everybody had a basic understanding of all of these.....you know like a balanced education.

We get so easily distracted by our emotions and ego's that we forget what really matters in life.

Creativity , Kindness, Caring, Art, Music, Togetherness , Intuition , Focus, Understanding our place within Nature, REAL Science, forward thinking, positivity , encouragement , being HUMBLE....

These are things that are actually important....i could add another 20-30....feel free do to so if you like.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
But yea If I was on the outside looking in, I wouldn't come here because really who could I trust ?

Perhaps that is why those claiming to have contact are what most people consider the lunatics
Maybe, like in the movie Close Encounters they really ARE reaching out to those that have some ability to channel them

Its funny but that movie was supposedly based on real events... the French guy was representing Jacque Vallee, but then along came Bill Ryan and the SERPO hoax... so now theri is no way to get at the truth

The other side of the coin of channeling is this... WHAT IF an Alien is like a Loki character.... tunes in to some receptive channeler and sends them wrong information... that would ensure the person with the 'gift' would never be taken seriously

Its funny really.... people that doubt the contact stories say that any alien would contact the government.... people that don't trust the government say they are covering it up... people say I will believe when an astronaut says it but when an astronaut says it they say he is senile or seeking attention... on an on it goes...

The Aliens are probably tuning in and making Earth their main realty comedy hour
... "Lets tune in and see what the monkeys are doing today"

They would also have to get through THIS mess to get here

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This could only be true if we assume we weren't made by aliens as a weaker species (being?) in the first place.

Part of keeping the "other" weaker is keeping them ignorant. Perhaps they are visiting us but keeping us dumb to the fact.

Then again, what makes us as a planet so dangerous, alike a ghetto which employs highly organized criminal activity? If we're so ignorant then how can we organize such danger to outsiders (E.T's)? There would be no reputation of "offing" outsiders therefore nothing to fear and no reason to stay away.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
For an advanced civilization,
coming to earth would be the eqivilant of climbing into the
gorrilla exibit at the zoo.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
For an advanced civilization,
coming to earth would be the eqivilant of climbing into the
gorrilla exibit at the zoo.

Why not the Lion exhibit...

Would be much more Dangerous. either way it would not be fun.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I don't think we ever give ourselves enough credit. We create amazing masterpieces of artistry. What is further more, we have the emotion to appreciate such works. Some are gifted in creating music that moves generations and survives for ages. Our family and community often reflects complex, individualist relationships that are like finger prints. No two are alike.

We also have our darker sides. However, very few are inherently evil. Most people are very able to live amongst one another and treat one another fairly and decently. Yes, there is random violence to some degree, but such an invariable shouldn't deride what is good about us. Most violence we witness that are crimes of humanity is supposing we have the right to tell others how to live. It is the right of each individual in the world to fight for their right to life and liberty.

I don't think it's fair to suppose that we could understand the motivations or even emotions of an alien race. The sea is another world, but we swim in our own sea with our atmosphere. The likely hood that an ET race could survive in our atmosphere would be like asking a human to suddenly grow gills and take a swim in a lake. Or equivalent to taking the fish out of the fish bowl. Of course, if we have common ancestry - well then they might resemble us. However, environmental influence and natural evolution would likely cause noticeable differences.

The point I'm trying to make is that we have no basis to suppose that aliens would regard us favorable or unfavorably. We cannot even suppose that they have emotion like our own. Perhaps their biggest puzzlement is why we don't eat each other to stem overpopulation and hunger. We can only guess. IF there is any one in the know, it would be those abducted, I suppose.

We are - who we are. Our behavior has shown, repeatably, that we are changeable. Nothing stays the same. There is no sense in taking a defeatist attitude. We should be proud of our ideals and higher expectations. Strive towards them. So long as we are moving, we never stop changing.

top topics

join