It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expanding our minds into the future.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So then, based on some sort of sound reasoning or even metaphysical predictions if you like, what will the future look like, and what sort of things will be around 100 years from now.

If you think post apocalyptic you can paint that picture for us. Or even if you think post apocalyptic but want to predict a future without an apocalypse, what sort of things do you think we will see?

Flying cars? Dream kitchens? Robots?

Let me start. I think that 100 years from now, it will be entirely possible to create a real Santa Claus if we so desired. That is we could clone a human, and program his mind, through AI to be a human, but at the same time, have the personality, that we know as Santa Claus.

That is to say that our understanding of personality, and specifically the personality of Santa Claus, will be sufficient, and our programming ability sufficient, and our understanding of AI sufficient, that we will be able to create Santa Claus in the laboratory. Whether the ethics committee allows it or not, someone in Staffordshire, or Herferdshire, will go ahead with it and then clone them claiming that standardization, is the key to organization, and organization is the key to efficiency, and efficiency will increase the present benefit potential, and result in better gifts at Christmas.

So. Thats my prediction, whats your prediction Mr H.G. Wells?

edit on 1-4-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Look here if you want to learn about the future I hope is coming.
A future where people will be liberated from the archaic fight for survival, and your input is welcome.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

It may be a "I think therefore it is reality'...literally kind of world. The singularity will be a big factor in shaping things to come. I think also people will be modifying themselves either genetically or with technical symbiosis.
Here's a couple of related threads for thought...
The Art Of Transhumanism
Get Ready For A Brand New Species
Intersting times and future for sure, and at some point we will be able to manifest reality, which should make for an interesting paradigm, for better and worse I suppose.

spec

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn
Look here if you want to learn about the future I hope is coming.
A future where people will be liberated from the archaic fight for survival, and your input is welcome.

I have seen some of the Venus stuff before and it does look like utopia.

Well I always thought that we had far more potential than we use in our civilization because we don't work together.

Lets suppose we did, and we took an island, and we built a science center, that was one half science exhibits, and one half Hollywood. Since Hollywood documents life and its visually entertaining.

And science could display its findings and the people could go there to get a better understanding of the world they lived in, and it was run by the UN. And since it is a global project, we build giant statues, 200 feet tall, made of bronze.

And we build the buildings with megalithic stones. And we inscribe art and literature on those stones with lasers.

But we don't seem to be proud enough of our own accomplishments to want to leave anything nice for posterity.

So you don't see a lot of giant statues anymore.

Any truly great civilization, has giant statues.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Re my last post, what about this...

100 years from now, man finally decides he is proud enough of his accomplishments that he wants to celebrate by building a colossus science center for the humanities. And he wants it to last for millions of years.

So using titanium brought back from the moon, he creates two giant statues, 300 feet tall and anchors them to the Canadian Shield. One of Atlas, and one of Zeus. And between them, holding them in place and bracing the entire structure, gigantic, megalithic stones requiring fleets and stacks of heavy lift helicopters to bring to the site. And they build a colossus of Biblical proportions. Only a direct hit by a large asteroid, could bring that to wrack and ruin.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by Rocketman7

It may be a "I think therefore it is reality'...literally kind of world. The singularity will be a big factor in shaping things to come. I think also people will be modifying themselves either genetically or with technical symbiosis.
Here's a couple of related threads for thought...
The Art Of Transhumanism
Get Ready For A Brand New Species
Intersting times and future for sure, and at some point we will be able to manifest reality, which should make for an interesting paradigm, for better and worse I suppose.

spec

Trans-humanism is an interesting subject for sure. And happening already with artificial hearts and all sorts of aids that people use as part of themselves and I would include computers which many of us use as an extension of our brains.

As far as us evolving, well if you include the extensions to our physical selves we evolved quite a bit over the last 100 years.
I don't think people have a problem with evolution, they have a problem with the cause of evolution.
Different people attribute different causes to the evolving of mankind.

2000 years from now, archaeologists will dig up a mall, call it a temple and say thats where we sacrificed people to our gods. And then ate them.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The mind is nothing but expansion into something that does not exist. If the future was not believed in then what use would your mind be? Imagine for a minute that there was no 'next'............... Now, what does the mind do with that? What can the mind do with that?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
The mind is nothing but expansion into something that does not exist. If the future was not believed in then what use would your mind be? Imagine for a minute that there was no 'next'............... Now, what does the mind do with that? What can the mind do with that?

Well ya gotta believe. Pascal, was a famous physicist, who discovered a lot of science. And he is maybe the first person to make a computer. In this time-line and time-frame. Mainstream written history era.

In 1642, while still a teenager, he started some pioneering work on calculating machines, and after three years of effort and 50 prototypes[1] he invented the mechanical calculator.

His list of achievements is quite extensive such that he was clearly, getting fed information from elsewhere.

Probability theory alone is such a master stroke of genius, that it is the basis of quantum mechanics and all things statistical, which in itself completely melds with the way this world works. It can be as tricky as it wants, but statistically, it will be predictable.

So Blaise Pascal didn't come up with that alone though. He corresponded with Pierre de Fermat. Of Fermat's last theorem fame. But after his death, they found a piece of parchment sown into his jacket.

It is called Pascal's Amulet, and in that text he describes his experience. And some people claim that he was cosmic conscious. And that he recorded the moment he became cosmic conscious on that parchment and documented his experience. So he lived at the time of Descartes as well.

And this painting is from 1600, painted in Italy, after the Conquistadors, went to South America, and found all sorts of ancient artifacts made of gold, and with information they discovered there from a previous civilization, it spawned a Renaissance movement in Europe.
Imagine the times and then imagine what they were discussing.
Here is the painting I am talking about...and this is 250 years before Marconi and Maxwell and radio waves.
painting

Thats not just futuristic artwork, that has a number of very high level secrets in that painting. Today's mainstream science in all its glory, is light years behind in technology, compared to that which is being described in that painting. It shows the moon as a miniature Dyson Sphere

But if you want to know what I think will be popular 100 years from now, the memory lending library will be big.

top topics

join