It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New hip-hop song my friend made, (conspiracy related), check it out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is my first thread, so take it easy. My friend I work with in Alaska is very talented musically and with artwork.

He is very smart and a awesome human being so I think he deserves some coverage on this great site. He just got started working in the studio so it is a work in progress, so give it a listen and tell me what you all think.

Im still a rookie at embedding videos, I know there are forums on here describing how, but im in a hurry. so here is the link

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mistaken_mystery

He really needs to work on his flow and his timing and rap on the beat, not all over it. He needs to stop saying N###A and he needs to have some meaning in his lyrics instead of just rhyming words together that have to do with conspiracy.

Also, part of his flow sounded like it was based on the Eminem and Royce 59 track Welcome to Hell.

Apart from that it was great.
edit on 1-4-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Thanks for the reply bro, i just wanna know what the ATS community thinks, thanks for your input

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I listened it a few times and his lyrics are better than I originally thought and there is meaning to the song.

He has a good voice and delivery is not bad. Tell your friend to keep working on it, especially the flow, if you can´t make it sound right, don´t use the lines.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo

He really needs to work on his flow and his timing and rap on the beat, not all over it. He needs to stop saying N###A and he needs to have some meaning in his lyrics instead of just rhyming words together that have to do with conspiracy.

Also, part of his flow sounded like it was based on the Eminem and Royce 59 track Welcome to Hell.

Apart from that it was great.

lol.....

It was good, better then most the # I hear. It had a modern vibe to it and it had more meaning to it then, money, cars and hoes. I like the end say no to whack rappers. This guy is probably not a professional but so what?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

I wasn´t trying to burn him down or anything, but I was a bit harsh when I said his lyrics had no meaning and I retracted that.

Just giving constructive criticism, when I first recorded tracks I was also all over the beat, rappin too fast with too many words for a particular beat, and sounded awkward.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

hip hop aint music
neither is rap

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

Thanks for your troll opinion...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I like his swag...he's got a little something going on.

Swag: 7/10 nice voice, nice style

Lyrical Content:3/10 some bars I found really random and the lyrics are not consistent (quality wise)

Delivery: 6/10 He seemed to get ahead of the beat a little bit...its pretty subtle but delivery should be prioritized as it can make a good song GREAT.

Tell your friend to keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz

hip hop aint music
neither is rap

Obvious troll is obvious. But you´re right about one thing. Hip Hop is not music, Hip Hop is a subculture that involves rapping, breakdancing and graffitti.

Also there is a lot of rap out there that I would also hardly call music. That doesn´t make rap as a whole any less of an art form or music.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here is his new one, I think it is a little better

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join