It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this structure NASA took pics of in the Sahara?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why hasn't anyone just gone and looked at it?Every
Inch of N Africa has been coveted by geologists looking for oil in the 50's and 60's.....Rommel was all over there...For 90% of the Sahara it's only a matter of getting in a truck and going there... mostly dry hard packed gravel

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It just seem there are some similarities

Richat Structure is Rhyolitic volcanic lava flow with Gabbros,Carbonatites,Kimbertites type rocks
View in By naga kumar

maps.google.com...,15.205078&sspn=33.765905,66.884766&ie=UTF8&ll=21.119093,-11.399002&spn=0.278949,0.52253 7&t=h&z=12

It is said Atlan was made from a volcanoic action of some kind in the link in my previous post.

According to Critias, the Hellenic gods of old divided the land so that each god might own a lot; Poseidon was appropriately, and to his liking, bequeathed the island of Atlantis. The island was larger than Ancient Libya and Asia Minor combined,[4][5] but it afterwards was sunk by an earthquake and became an impassable mud shoal, inhibiting travel to any part of the ocean. The Egyptians, Plato asserted, described Atlantis as an island comprising mostly mountains in the northern portions and along the shore, and encompassing a great plain of an oblong shape in the south "extending in one direction three thousand stadia [about 555 km; 345 mi], but across the center inland it was two thousand stadia [about 370 km; 230 mi]." Fifty stadia [9 km; 6 mi] from the coast was a mountain that was low on all sides...broke it off all round about[6]... the central island itself was five stades in diameter [about 0.92 km; 0.57 mi].[7] In Plato's myth, Poseidon fell in love with Cleito, the daughter of Evenor and Leucippe, who bore him five pairs of male twins. The eldest of these, Atlas, was made rightful king of the entire island and the ocean (called the Atlantic Ocean in his honor), and was given the mountain of his birth and the surrounding area as his fiefdom. Atlas's twin Gadeirus, or Eumelus in Greek, was given the extremity of the island towards the pillars of Hercules.[8] The other four pairs of twins—Ampheres and Evaemon, Mneseus and Autochthon, Elasippus and Mestor, and Azaes and Diaprepes—were also given "rule over many men, and a large territory."
en.wikipedia.org...

don't get me started on the similarities between clietos and the lil man in the boat....and this anomaly

edit on 1-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

mabe an earth zit

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If naturally occurring, it is syncline or an anticline. Common geological features.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Nothing to see here, it's either A swamp gas B a reflection of the planet Venus or C CGI!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Danbones, that's good stuff. Cool info, but I think the "lil man in the boat" DOES "rule over many men, and a large territory"

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
i seen a program a while ago about some strange rocks they were finding all around the sahara desert.
the rocks appeared to be 'melted' some how,and now were glass like.
they speculated a meteor impact would create enough heat to do this. like i said,i seen this show a while ago and i can't remember what they call these rocks. but perhaps this 'ring' is an impact site when the desert was underwater.
and slowly filled in after the water went away. OR if you read the vedas of india,maybe it was a nuclear blast from the 'gods' of old!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have seen this long ago...

I think site was dubbed "the eye of Sahara"...'cos it kinda looks like an eye from way up above. I might be mistaken though.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye

Can't remember the name of the place, so couldn't find some info on it.

It's called Kondyor Massif and is an important source of platinum. It is located in Russia at 57° 35′ 0″ N, 134° 40′ 0″ E.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I am assuming it's naturally made, unless something else comes up. 30 miles wide is huge, but it could have been an ancient strip mine?

Have a nice day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join