It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Transplant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Is it theoretically possible to send an entire planet through some type of wormhole and replace it with a planet from a different solar system? I would assume everything has to be just right for that to happen. If both planets are about the same size, both about the same distance away from their respective suns, and both suns are the same kind and size... would it be possible? Or would it create too much of an unbalance and make everything go out of whack?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Haven't read any scientific papers on this, but
I would imagine your scenario to be on the extreme outer bounds of probability.

I suppose you could hot rod an Infinite Improbablity Drive

edit on 1-4-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Have you seen the TV show "The Event?"
That aside,You would need something like the energy of 100,000 of our suns to make a stable wormhole of that size.
Getting that amount of energy could be slightly difficult.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345
I would imagine your scenario to be on the extreme outer bounds of probability.

"So your telling me there's a chance........... yeah!!!"

(Dumb and Dumber)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
You would need something like the energy of 100,000 of our suns to make a stable wormhole of that size.

Well, from a human's point of view it might seem difficult, but to an advanced civilization out there somewhere I'm sure it would be a piece of cake for them. I'm sure they would be able to find a way to gather up energy from other stars. There's definitely enough stars in the universe at their disposal...

I wonder if an advanced civilization out there somewhere in the universe has ever transplanted a sun... What if their sun was dying so they replaced it with a more powerful sun (that had no habitable planets) that lasted for much longer...

Like replacing a lightbulb...

new topics

top topics

join