It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Zimmerman can't be identified as the person screaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If you have read this, then you have villified George Zimmerman as a cold blooded killer by now. The article claims that there is no way Zimmerman could have been the person screaming for help, despite the 48% match mentioned.

The software compared that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher than 90 percent.

We've all heard screams before right? Obviously we have, we've probably been a screamer ourself a time or two.
Why only a 48% match though? Why not test the scream clip against Trayvon's voice? It's simple, a person's voice changes greatly as they scream. Comparing a clip of a person screaming to a clip of a person talking SHOULD NOT return a 90% match. The whole article is a pile of manure, that uses a poor quality tape of Zimmerman to tie off the idea that Zimmerman is a stone cold killer.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
Why not test the scream clip against Trayvon's voice?

Because Trayvon is dead. It is not like you can walk up to him and ask for a voice sample.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Why not test the scream clip against Trayvon's voice?

Because Trayvon is dead. It is not like you can walk up to him and ask for a voice sample.

So in the 21st century, no video of trayvon exists? No voicemails?
I would find that to be very odd and unlikely.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Dial his cell phone and record the voice mail. Next arguement?

I would also like to add that while fearful, a person's vocal cords tense up and the voice will become much deeper.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

It doesn't matter you don't need Trayvons voice to make an analysis. It is like comparing handwriting. It's either going to match or it's not.

"I took all of the screams and put those together, and cut out everything else," Owen says. The software compared that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher than 90 percent. "As a result of that, you can say with reasonable scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," Owen says, stressing that he cannot confirm the voice as Trayvon's, because he didn't have a sample of the teen's voice to compare.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
OP why can't you add your sentiment to the multitude of existing Zimmerman threads on ATS? Several posts have already been made about the two experts who have concluded Zimmerman is not the person screaming in the 911 tape. (And if you listen to the audio, you can hear the person screaming is immediately silenced when the shot is fired.)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You can't compare curssive to print. They need to match Zimmerman yelling to the person yelling. If the software took into account the changes in, inflections, pitch, and clarity, it would still be worthless because then it would be assuming too many variables. You just can't do it. It's a terrible study conducted by someone that was bought.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If some creepy dude is following me I'm going to take that as a threat. Who follows people other than serial killers, robbers, or rapists?

Don't follow me because you have some paranoid delusion in your head, then act surprised when I defend myself.

Zimmerman = Aggressive Stalker

Zimmerman = Paranoid full of delusions

Zimmerman = History of anger management issues

A police video this week showed no blood or bruises on Zimmerman in the aftermath of the incident, while Martin's funeral director said he saw no signs of a struggle on the teen's body.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just like a trumpet alsways sounds like a trumpet no matter how hard you blow it, there are components in the human voice that don't change no matter what the loudness level or pitch of the voice is.
Just like a fingerprint.
I would guess a similar "percentage" type rule for determining a sonogram match would apply

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I've been followed by goons before, guess what people!~~@ IT'S SCARY

But this topic beating a dead horse

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wait , wait I think I know why his voice doesn't match, because its not his voice on the tape. Was that so hard to say?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Didn't the screaming stop when the shots were fired?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I've been followed by goons before, guess what people!~~@ IT'S SCARY

But this topic beating a dead horse

i Agree with You....I think this is the OP's favorite topic.....

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

If you have read this, then you have villified George Zimmerman as a cold blooded killer by now. The article claims that there is no way Zimmerman could have been the person screaming for help, despite the 48% match mentioned.

The software compared that audio to Zimmerman's voice. It returned a 48 percent match. Owen said to reach a positive match with audio of this quality, he'd expect higher than 90 percent.

We've all heard screams before right? Obviously we have, we've probably been a screamer ourself a time or two.
Why only a 48% match though? Why not test the scream clip against Trayvon's voice? It's simple, a person's voice changes greatly as they scream. Comparing a clip of a person screaming to a clip of a person talking SHOULD NOT return a 90% match. The whole article is a pile of manure, that uses a poor quality tape of Zimmerman to tie off the idea that Zimmerman is a stone cold killer.

You are just another person who doesn't understand science.

....Another benefit of modern biometric analysis, Owen said, is it doesn't require an "in context" comparison. In other words, Owen didn't need a sample of Zimmerman screaming in order to compare his voice to the call.

Trayvon Martin shooting: It's not George Zimmerman crying for help on 911 recording, 2 experts say

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is being discussed in numerous threads, for example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussions in the above linked threads.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join