It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Seized in Hospital by Police,Social Worker

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by jimmyx

wrong...you have heard one side of it, and reaching a conclusion that "they did everything wrong" is foolish and irresponsible. you are a parent, do you pass judgement on them the same way?

OK, maybe they didn`t do `everything` wrong, but if they kicked the mother out of the hospital that fast after giving birth... - I`ve just never heard of that before. She could have had some problems.

I`m going by the article. If it`s accurate, I`m confused by the level of care in a country that claims superior care.

If there`s another side, it would be good to hear, but they still should have looked after the mom better.

However, several hours later yet another staffer told Scott and Jodi that Annie would have to stay in the hospital for 48 to 72 hours for observation. Even though they persisted in asking why Annie would need to stay, his only answer was that “the law requires us to keep the baby for 48 hours.”

Mother and baby should be required to stay for observation for at least a couple of days. Maybe hospitals changed this policy over the years
it doesn`t make sense that they would not keep both the mom and baby.

We cannot afford to fund cases like this out of HSLDA’s membership dues. We are taking this case because we believe that our members and friends will stand with Jodi and Scott Ferris. We believe that parents should not be punished by “over-the-top” social workers and doctors.

It is odd that they are using these people for the lawsuit. If the article is accurate, this should be an easy case for any lawyer.

yes...i agree with you...and it would very sad if this article is completely accurate. callousness can be so detrimental to peoples lives. i feel sad for these people either way. i have been in situations where my own actions caused my own grief and i had no one else to blame.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

With a good lawyer this is an open and shut case. And a nice, big, fat settlement to boot. Sounds like a non issue to me.. she got railroaded by an egomaniac on false charges, who then falsified a report to take custody without legal permission.

It's almost like the state is just begging to be sued.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join