It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independence Day - ''it's coming from the Moon''

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Even though it's riddled with plot holes, is pretty corny, and pretty formulaic, it's still one of my favorite alien movies also.

The President's pep talk speech is worth the price of admission alone... I just love though, how it shows just how inferior our weapons could be against a foe that can travel the stars...

Luckily, I'd think that with the ability to travel the stars, resources would be nearly infinite, so they wouldn't have any MOTIVE for war. This is why I believe any alien race who came here would be at worst, indifferent to us, vs. hostile.

Every time we watch it I'm subjected to the same comments from my other half ''oh for god's sake, it's just so ridiculous, there's no way he'd do that now'' (referring to the cigar moment) and ''oh yeah, they really let the POTUS get in a fighter jet to go blast the aliens'' etc etc... But, go on, ask me, do I care about the cheesiness - no I dont!!!

Ah the pep talk!!! Wow... Makes me tingle all over every time
In fact, because I know the speech so well, I used to use it as the content for typing tests as a teenager

Again, I could not agree more.... I am inclined to believe that if extraterrestrial life is aware of planet Earth then we must surely be viewed upon in the same manner us humans view ants... Hopefully we have nothing they want so there's no reason to crush us.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Independence day is def. my favorite movie of all time. Will Smith is the best

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Agreed! Followed in second place by Armageddon

new topics

<< 1   >>

join