It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Short Idea Regarding Insanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is something i've been wondering about for a while, so here goes.

What if that some insanities are not really hallucinations. That is to say, that these things these people are seeing are really being seen. So that wouldn't make them hallucinations, but I don't know what they would be called.

For, what if some insanity is being cause by people who have a capacity to see other dimensions and other timelines? It's just that their brain doesn't have the capacity to accept what's going and can't sort out the images or organize them in such a way so that the person seeing them will simply eventually go insane.

At least it's a hypothesis. The only problem is how would this hypothesis be tested out in science? Currently, science has no real way to test out this kind of hypothesis, so the only thing that follows is speculation.

But it's definately a possibility.I think it could be a nice ability to have, to be able to see other dimensions and timelines without going insane. I'd consider it a form of Remote Viewing or claiaudience.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

this is true, i like, my buddy is insane and he sees the truth in most things, however half of the things he says are just random giberish sometimes.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I know for a fact that mental illness like schizophrenia is very real. I know for example a guy who during his bad moments thinks that even people including myself who he has known for years are KGB agents, FBI and so on, even though i can safely say i am not an agent. I dont live in USA, but yet during his bad moments the voices tell him such things.
And with schizophrenia you can rarely separate delusions from reality even if it makes absolutely no sense to anyone else.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I've wrote a post like this one, only it was about dreams. Great minds think alike!

I think this is true in many ways. Like how kids imaginations are huge when they are under the age of 10, or like how when seniors are almost about to die they start going a little loony. Dreams, hallucinations, anything along those lines I've came to realise are happening in real time and to the person seeing them, to them it is very real.

I think it has something to do with the pineal gland, or the Third Eye. I think they maybe actual doorways into other realities.

Maybe.. lol just a thought

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
My opinion is that the brain is in a toxic chemical state and that causes the problems, it has nothing to do with reality.

new topics

top topics

join