It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Caught Selectively Editing Zimmerman 911 Tape

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I did find one more little piece to add to the statement.

This is coming from hollywoodreporter.com

When asked if anyone at Today had lost their job or had been reassigned as a result of the investigation, an NBC spokeswoman said: "We will not be commenting on our course of action."

And I was surprise to read a commentator had this to say about it. (posted at the same hollywood reporter link above)

During the O'Reilly Factor segment Monday, guest Bernie Goldberg, formerly a CBS News broadcaster, told host Bill O'Reilly the edited tape was either the result of gross negligence or purposeful distortion to advance an agenda. Video is below.
"Hey Bill," Goldberg said, "if you or I were running NBC News, the investigation would be over 10 minutes after it began. We'd call somebody in, we'd say, 'Who did this?' We'd ask, 'Why did you do it, what were you thinking when you did it, and did anybody tell you to do it?' I don't think they're investigating it anymore; I think they've got a bunch of PR people around a big table trying to come up with a way to spin this to the public and do the least damage to NBC News."

Now that is basically what I thought (and posted) when I read the statement. More time spent on the statement then the investigation! Media will be media no matter the form.

OiO

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Links -

NBC Issues Apology For Edited Zimmerman 911 Call
www.foxnews.com...

Backup Link
news.yahoo.com...

The Controlled Media Wont Show You This
www.texasgopvote.com...

Or This
moonbattery.com...

Also See -

Trayvon Martin Case Exposes Worst In Media
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaKaElectric

The Controlled Media Wont Show You This
www.texasgopvote.com...

Love the GOP of Texass!

I am not sure why they want to show an unflattering picture of the juvenile who was assassinated.
They must be appealing to Southern Conservatives and their prejuduces

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
More information has been released.

www.reuters.com

An internal NBC News probe has determined a "seasoned" producer was to blame for a misleading clip of a 911 call that the network broadcast during its coverage of the Trayvon Martin shooting, according to two sources at the network.

NBC News brass interviewed more than half a dozen staffers during its investigation of the misleadingly edited 911 call placed by George Zimmerman just before he shot the unarmed Florida teenager, said the sources, one of whom is an executive at the network.

-snip-

There was no clear indication on Thursday of what, if any, disciplinary actions would be taken against the producer or other staff involved in the incident.

The sources at the network, who declined to identify the producer, said NBC News executives did not know the 911 call was misleadingly edited until news reports surfaced days later on right-leaning blogs including Newsbusters.org and Breitbart.com.

-snip-

The sources described the producer's actions as a very bad mistake, but not deliberate.

NBC News declined to comment on Thursday. The network said on Tuesday it would not release names of the employees involved. It has apologized for the incident.

One of the sources said that NBC News President Steve Capus would not lose his job over the incident.

The Today show's editorial control policies - which include a script editor, senior producer oversight, and in most cases legal and standards department reviews of material to be broadcast - missed the selective editing of the call, said the NBC executive.

Executives have vowed to take rigorous steps to formalize editorial safeguards in the news division following the incident, one of the sources said.
www.reuters.com

OiO

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

They will take rigorous steps to fix the problem?

Yeah, right.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

They will take rigorous steps to fix the problem?

Yeah, right.

I laughed too.

Especially when you get to the part about the "editorial controls" already in place. "a script editor, senior producer oversight, and in most cases legal and standards department reviews of material to be broadcast"

That's how many people that failed or looked the other way?? Sheesh...

OiO

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

It's cases like this that lead me to believe that an amendment needs to be made to the freedom of the press. Press should not be able to report on any criminal proceedings, until after the verdict..... I doubt he will be indicted, but say he is....

Where in the US can he get a fair trial? Would have to be tried in amish country IMO.....

edit on Sat, 07 Apr 2012 07:33:35 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Producer Fired.

Source

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Producer Fired.

Source

I will take scapegoats for $500 Alex....

They refuse to identify the producers name...
They are again appologizing today and are now making it a point to say the editing was a mistake and not intentional...

How is purposely editing a tape, removing a question the 911 call taker asked which resulted in zimmerman looking like a racist, accidental? Factor in MSNBC's evening line up - Lawrence Odonell, Al sharpton etc doing their 100 meter rush to judgement and it very much looks intentional.

Having the PResident weigh in....

Honestly to me it almost looks like a corrdinated effort to create an election issue based on the race card.

Trayvon Martin call was "mistake, not deliberate": NBC

Having MSNBC investigate this would be like having the SS investigate auschwitz.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Producer Fired.

Source

I will take scapegoats for $500 Alex....

They refuse to identify the producers name...
They are again appologizing today and are now making it a point to say the editing was a mistake and not intentional...

How is purposely editing a tape, removing a question the 911 call taker asked which resulted in zimmerman looking like a racist, accidental? Factor in MSNBC's evening line up - Lawrence Odonell, Al sharpton etc doing their 100 meter rush to judgement and it very much looks intentional.

Having the PResident weigh in....

Honestly to me it almost looks like a corrdinated effort to create an election issue based on the race card.

Trayvon Martin call was "mistake, not deliberate": NBC

Having MSNBC investigate this would be like having the SS investigate auschwitz.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

This NBC EditGate will not go away.

Firing the producer was a good start but we all know others at NBC knew what was

going on. NBC went down there with an agenda.

NBC has lost all credibility. MSNBC is too busy grabbing talking points from

Media Matters.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I am still trying to figure out Sharpton and his actions and how they work with being an MSNBC news pundit. To me thats a text book conflict of interest.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I am still trying to figure out Sharpton and his actions and how they work with being an MSNBC news pundit. To me thats a text book conflict of interest.

The Al Sharpton circus has NBC losing even more credibility.

Comcast is the majority shareholder. It looks like they need to fire more people at

NBC & MSNBC.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
The Al Sharpton circus has NBC losing even more credibility.

Comcast is the majority shareholder. It looks like they need to fire more people at

NBC & MSNBC.

I am all for freedom of press however in MSNBC's case I would like to see a criminal investigation into their actions, from how they reported to the intentional editing of the 911 calls. I still am having issues understanding MSNBC's response to the edited tape. It was not intentional?

How the hell does that work? There was intent to remove part of the 911 conversation. The result was the impression Zimmerman's actions were based on race and nothing else.

Thats not an accident - Its intentional.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Like I have been saying ... media hype and spin. You can't believe anything in the press.
We do not know the facts and yet people are calling for Zimmermans head on a platter.
WAIT for the police to do their job and STOP judging this by what you see in the press!

American Thinker

The NBC segment in question featured anchor Ron Allen and ran on the Today show on Tuesday. On Thursday, Sean Hannity and guest Brent Bozell played the NBC version of the 911 call and compared it with the unedited version. In the NBC segment, Zimmerman says: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

The full version, though, unfolds like this:

Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

911 operator: "Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks black."

NBC purposely cut out the dispatchers question and much of what Zimmerman said.

The Hollywood Reporter

This isn’t bias, this isn’t distortion, this is an all-out falsehood by NBC News,” answers Bozell, who runs a conservative watchdog group called the Media Research Center.

“When you hear him say, ‘he looks black,’ anyone watching that believes that there are racial overtones to what this man did,” Bozell says. “How could you not believe that? It goes with the narrative of the profiling. The only problem is, they edited out the dispatcher asking him, ‘what does he look like?’”

NBC News declined to comment.

No surprise .. NBC gets caught yet again with it's pants down so it declines to comment.
If ZImmerman is guilty, let the police figure it out. Obviously we are NOT getting the truth
of the situation from the media. No surprise there either.
Doesn't it seem like they WANT a racial problem to erupt in this country? Seriously. :shk:

The media is purposely outraging people to gain hits and more viewership.
Sells more subscriptions and papers. Obscuring the facts makes it easy to have multiple news reports.
Do you really need more of an explanation than this?

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join