It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Caught Selectively Editing Zimmerman 911 Tape

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by NoJoker13
The funny thing is you contradict yourself in post after post after post.

Actually I don't. I am clearly showing that for every anti-Zimmerman post based on media spin, I can find one that is pro-Zimmerman. For every anti-Martin post based on media spin, I can find one that is pro-Martin.

You claim to be neutral; that's laughable, if I have to detail from your posts why your not I can but you seem to be a bit above a halfwit

You are a nit .. shooo fly ... don't bother us grownups.

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I don't really see why race even matters in this case.

Thank you. Exactly. It's the press that has been making this into a race issue. NBC clearly wants it to be a race issue. They selectively edited the Zimmerman tape to make it seem that way. The question is ... WHY?

since evidence was provided that went against Zimmermans claims, there should have been an arrest, and a trial held.

There has to be enough evidence to go to a grand jury. What would they arrest him for? Murder? Manslaughter? Stupidity? Or was it self defense? The police are investigating. Let's wait and see what they come up with. If you arrest someone without enough evidence for the grand jury .. they get off. Likewise, if you arrest someone based on rule by mob mentality, an innocent person could go to jail. Waiting for the facts is best.

You have to be trolling here..the lead investigator on the case(and, apparently one of the few decent cops in sanford) recommended a manslaughter charge, but was overruled by the (now replaced) state attorney. you started this thread, but you don't seem to have a grasp of what's happening...
edit on 2-4-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
And no mention of Zimmerman muttering "#ing coon" either?

Why isn't this headlines? It completely shows Zimmerman's racial bigotry.
I thought I would have the “fine” opportunity to get past at least 10 posts on the first page of this thread, but you had to get off subject and start voicing your discontent for one or the other.

Please, Please, PLEASE..

Until WE really know the TRUTH, let’s not make judgments.

The MSM has you freedom12!

edit on Mon Apr 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

What does this tragedy have to do with the current administration of the USA? I have seen this comment bandied about here and there, and I just hope some one can enlighten me on what weight this holds? Would it all somehow be different if GWB was still president, or heck, if we had any president other than a man with black skin?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The reason why this case has gotten attention is because a child was shot and killed under sketchy circumstances, the police took his word alone and didn't make an arrest. What do people not get about that?

The responses of the liking to "he had it coming to him" are disgusting. Bringing up his appearance, his tweets, pictures are ridiculous. 99% of black America look similar to Trayvon, DO THEY ALL HAVE IT COMING TO THEM? Just to say that is a disgusting response. I'm really confused as to what a thug is supposed to look like. He looks like the standard black teen to me...that's it.

Race really doesn't even play a part in this other than if YOU or SOMEONE else brings it up.
edit on 2-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There has to be enough evidence to go to a grand jury. What would they arrest him for? Murder? Manslaughter? Stupidity? Or was it self defense? The police are investigating. Let's wait and see what they come up with. If you arrest someone without enough evidence for the grand jury .. they get off. Likewise, if you arrest someone based on rule by mob mentality, an innocent person could go to jail. Waiting for the facts is best.

A grand jury looks at all the evidence and determines if there is enough for an indictment, not the other way around. In this case, the police didn't think they had enough evidence to make an arrest, so it's going to a grand jury to make the determination. If they had sufficient evidence for a clear-cut case one way or the other at the time of the incident, a grand jury would not need to be used.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
www.thegrio.com...

George Zimmerman's father served as a

Supreme Court magistrate in the Virginia court system until

five years ago, serving as a court officer who dealt with

criminal cases

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If you really want to read some IMPORTANT news about issues that will be affecting ALL OF US in the future, please read the following…

Obama Care to the Supreme Court in 10 Days

Supreme Court signals health care case won't be held up over technicality

I know it’s not as nail biting as the Z&T topic, but either way, it's important…

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

OK... you must be the most deaf human being ever, the 97 stars you got much indicate
ATS is deaf and/or brain dead

Man... I could never have the nerve to lie about what i heard, even if it made my
position more difficult, that is some jelly fish spine

Yep.
And you signed up this month so I respect everything you say.

Deaf and braindead now?
Did you even read any more of my posts?
I'm not "lying", just stating an opinion.
You hear what you want, I just didn't hear it.
Apparently you can't respectfully debate either.

As for the name calling, you and a few others...
I'm not stooping to your level of competence because it wouldn't be civil.
Seems that you are so strongly convinced that even if you were wrong, I'd never be right.
As I stated earlier, it's just what I heard, not what may have been said.
I could care less what this guy said.
Ever here of opinions? Or do you only believe in yourself?

Then again, I'm not fishing for racism here.
Sounds and looks to me that alot of people are.

Back on topic...
NBC edited the tapes. Proof positive.
They should be on trial for tampering with evidence, but that'll never happen.

I'm probably going to stop feeding this thread because it's severely off topic.
And it seems I'm only feeding the trolls, too.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

I heard Alah Akabar or something like that. Maybe we have a hispanic muslm catholic posing as a wihite guy out hunting

It was months ago get over it

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yet another piece of evidence that only proves that the maintream media in general is not to be trusted.

Hell, even NPR which is funded by tax payers, and is supposed to be "non-biased" is extremely liberal and take left leaning stances.

There were a a few white girls that were almost beat to death by a gang of black women a few months back, seemingly unprovoked, and the media hardly mentioned it. It barely made a blip on the radar.

Even better was recently a former "Miss America" pageant winner was the victim of home invasion, a huge black man who knew she was home when he broke in, basically implying that he was there to commit rape or murder in addition to burglary. She shot him to death with her pink .38 spcl revolver. Did anyone ever talk about that?

Funny how the news picks and chooses which stories to run with.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Get your head out of your butts people, and stay on subject people! You all remind of Pavlov and the salivating dog. Every time the MSM rings the bell, everyone goes absolutely mad!

Don’t you people get it yet?

I know at one point, I got caught up in this mess. But I eventually came to my senses.

STAY ON SUBJECT!

Stop being a bunch of crybabies!
!
!
!
!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Punk

Coon

You can play both words, and listen carefully.. Then listen to the audio clip of the 9/11 call.

I can hear, clear as day, PUNKS. I do not understand how you can turn a "ooooo" sound from an "uhnk" sound.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

First you say:

Race really doesn't even play a part in this other than if YOU or SOMEONE else brings it up.

Wrong! Most of us would have never heard of this incident if Trayvon wasn't Black. You are are likely one of the ones that wouldn't have.

Then you bring up this, as if it's REALLY important:

"George Zimmerman's father served as a

Supreme Court magistrate in the Virginia court system until

five years ago, serving as a court officer who dealt with

criminal cases"

Tell me what the hell that has to do with this incident. Please base it on facts, and not racially motivated speculation.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 2-4-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hey look over there!

No, the economy and the wars are doing fine, don't worry about that.

Look over there!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
And no mention of Zimmerman muttering "#ing coon" either?

Why isn't this headlines? It completely shows Zimmerman's racial bigotry.

Sounds like #ing punks to me.
edit on Mon Apr 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on Mon Apr 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Rapists,Robbers and Serial Killers are the only people that follow people.

Really? I can think of a few more: Friends, Fans, Lovers, Parents, and Cops

I've been followed while walking a few blocks by goons before, and it's scary.

Perhaps you were having "paranoid delusions". Apparently that's what you feel being suspicious of someone requires.

What made you determine that they were "goons"? Was it their race, or was it the way they were dressed?

I've thought I was being followed before too. More often than not, I was wrong.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

And the media edits everything, spins things, for ratings. The media is a business, not a factual output. Everyone here knows this, so why is everyone acting shocked.

Research topics yourself, then form a conclusion.

I'm not "shocked" by NBC's actions... only disgusted.

If the media edits "everything", where do you get your information from? Just because one has done diligent research, doesn't always mean that one has always found enough information to form a solid conclusion. Though you can't seem to admit it, this incident is likely one of them. So far, the valid evidence seems to lean in Zimmerman's favor.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by jibeho

I don't really see why race even matters in this case. It doesn't even matter if Zimmerman was or wasn't a racist. All it matters is that a minor was shot and killed under extremely shady conditions.

You are exactly spot on!! Crimes like this happen every hour of everyday in cities all across our nation. All unreported and unmentioned in the national media circus. Except for this case at this time. The spotlight was placed on this case alone out of thousands of cases by our President and I am left stunned by his overt comment.

I would like to know why the spot light was focused specifically on the case as well, let's be honest if it was white on white crime, or black on black we wouldn't be discussing it, as has been pointed out, Chicago has shooting deaths almost everyday.

I did try to look into how this case became a media darling.

Who started it?

You ask a VERY GOOD question!! This is what I could find out. Quite Interesting! The story surged thanks to Twitter.

Almost immediately after the February 26 shooting of Trayvon Martin, the conversation about the case began simmering on Twitter. But it was nearly three weeks later, on March 17-after the release of 911 tapes-before the story exploded on Twitter, on blogs and in the mainstream media to become the first story of the year to get more coverage than the race for the president.

As attention to the story surged, the focus within these three parts of our media culture varied greatly, according to a special report by the Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism. On Twitter, the conversation has focused on sympathy for the slain teenager and expressions of outrage at the killing. On blogs, the emphasis has been on the role of race in the highly charged case. In the mainstream media, the Trayvon Martin controversy was heavily a cable news and talk radio story. And there, the primary discussion has focused on two politically oriented issues-gun control laws and the Florida Stand Your Ground statute, which gives citizens the right to use deadly force when they believe they are being threatened.

Enter the politicizing of this event. Compliments of MSNBC.

Moreover, the Martin story has been a much bigger story on MSNBC, whose talk show hosts are liberal, and a much smaller story on Fox, whose prime time lineup leans conservative. The focus of the discussion differs as well. Conservative talkers paid the most attention to questions about who Martin is and to the defense of the man who pulled the trigger, George Zimmerman. Liberal hosts focused primarily on gun control and the Florida law.

The story festered for two weeks until the very moment that the 911 tapes were released.

A Story that Took Two Weeks to Emerge

Travyon Martin, the 17-year-old African American walking home from a convenience store, was shot by neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman on February 26. In the days immediately after, the shooting got more attention in social media than in the national mainstream press, though even on Twitter and in blogs the attention was still fairly modest.

That changed on March 17 after the release of 911 audio tapes of Zimmerman calling police who advised him not to follow Martin. The volume on Twitter doubled overnight and continued to rise for the next several days.[1] The same thing happened in the blogosphere, where the discussion had been minimal at the outset.

Great Article
"How Blogs, Twitter and Mainstream Media Have Handled the Trayvon Martin Case"
www.journalism.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
reply to post by freedom12

lol i'm mexican. there is no spanish. he is saying punks.

you ever hear a song lyric and what you think it is is the wrong lyric? then you look it up on google and find the right one and forever hear the correct lyric afterward? it's like that except backwards. every news story i saw on tv made sure everybody knew this guy made a racial slur or outright said he clearly says coons before playing this tape. it works the same way. media manipulation, you don't get to be on tv without knowing how to play the game.

Exactly right.

Also, I never hear anyone mention that he told the 911 dispatcher that there had been break-ins in the neighborhood. These NW guys were already suspicious of strangers before Trayvon wandered into the picture.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoppedUp
reply to post by FlyersFan

The "burglary tool" was a screwdriver, according to reports. A screwdriver. I guess as a black enough female, I was a "goon" too in my youth, because I used to keep a screwdriver in my book bag to open my defective locker...nothing more, nothing less. We can only speculate about why he had it, *if* he even had it, right? Unless we can prove that he used the screwdriver to commit break-ins, I fail to see how that has any greater negative bearing on Trayvon's character than Zimmerman's prior convict report(s) from the police.

He probably used it as a shank given he was a goon. But in your mind he is a mechanic as well as the incarnate of baby jesus.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join