It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Caught Selectively Editing Zimmerman 911 Tape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Like I have been saying ... media hype and spin. You can't believe anything in the press.
We do not know the facts and yet people are calling for Zimmermans head on a platter.
WAIT for the police to do their job and STOP judging this by what you see in the press!

American Thinker

The NBC segment in question featured anchor Ron Allen and ran on the Today show on Tuesday. On Thursday, Sean Hannity and guest Brent Bozell played the NBC version of the 911 call and compared it with the unedited version. In the NBC segment, Zimmerman says: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

The full version, though, unfolds like this:

Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

911 operator: "Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks black."

NBC purposely cut out the dispatchers question and much of what Zimmerman said.

The Hollywood Reporter

This isn’t bias, this isn’t distortion, this is an all-out falsehood by NBC News,” answers Bozell, who runs a conservative watchdog group called the Media Research Center.

“When you hear him say, ‘he looks black,’ anyone watching that believes that there are racial overtones to what this man did,” Bozell says. “How could you not believe that? It goes with the narrative of the profiling. The only problem is, they edited out the dispatcher asking him, ‘what does he look like?’”

NBC News declined to comment.

No surprise .. NBC gets caught yet again with it's pants down so it declines to comment.
If ZImmerman is guilty, let the police figure it out. Obviously we are NOT getting the truth
of the situation from the media. No surprise there either.
Doesn't it seem like they WANT a racial problem to erupt in this country? Seriously. :shk:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more. All we can or should be asking for is a thorough investigation that goes where the evidence leads. If that clears him, I can live with it and everyone else needs to. Just as I'll absolutely expect people to accept if he's found 'probable' or guilty to move into the formal system and trial.

The police seemed to need a little kick in the tail to take a proper look and not simply file reports and forget it happened...but they've gotten that. In size 12 steel toe boots...they've gotten it. lol... Now we really do need to let the system do it's thing.

edit on 1-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What some other sites are saying -

NBC Launches Internal Investigation into Selective Editing of Zimmerman Police Tape

NBC has revealed that it is launching an internal investigation into the “editing process” surrounding the conversation between George Zimmerman and a police dispatcher (shortly before Trayvon Martin was shot), where Zimmerman appears to volunteer racial information.

So what will the self investigation find?
That NBC is leaning so far left that it can no longer function would be my guess.

NewsBusters - MSNBC Fixes False Report Which made Zimmerman Look Racist and Doesn't Acknowledge Error

Following in line with their broadcast television colleagues who deliberately edited the audio of a 9-1-1 call of George Zimmerman, the Florida community watch volunteer who shot teenager Trayvon Martin, to falsely impute racist motives to him, MSNBC.com, in an unbylined piece did the exact same thing in text form, stripping out vital information which made Zimmerman appear to be racially motivated against Martin, who is black.

After being criticized, MSNBC.com restored the proper context but never posted a retraction, correction notice, or an apology for doing so.

Even newspapers will print a retraction and apology from time to time.
Seriously .. what the heck is MSNBC doing?
WHY are they purposely raising the temperature on this race thing??

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The system is as corrupt as the media.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
And no mention of Zimmerman muttering "f***ing coon" either?

Why isn't this headlines? It completely shows Zimmerman's racial bigotry.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
No pics no clicks.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Why do I not expect this thread to be buried under a deluge of replies, like the many other threads on this Zimmerman/Martin "situation"?

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It doesn't matter....
All the people who fell for the gimmick, are still brainwashed.
They won't change their minds; they are duped.

NBC has been caught numerous time falsifying data, but the people still pay for it?
They still pay for cable, and intently watch the TV as if it will tell them how to act.
Well it does, in a sense, and they listen, and get mad, then react.
Like good sheep.

The people still have the need for misleading news titles and embellished stories.
They are feeding off an addiction to television broadcasts...or lies...
Drama leads their collective lives.

I'm so glad I don't have cable.

And I could care less what this story is even about.
The things taking place in our Supreme Court are much more important.
The things taking place about NDAA being in court are much more important.

The fact that the public is being misled to believe the false hype created by the MSM...now thats a joke.

Obey the television and all it's truths, America.
Because the MSM isn't trying to lie to you...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This shouldn't be national news. Shootings happen everyday in the united states.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
But there isn't media propaganda making a racial incident out of an isolated incident.
Right.
Doesn't matter.
BTW, listen to the tape. Nowhere does Zimmerman ever say "coon".
People are so easily manipulated. This is like the religious nuts who swear that backwards gibberish in rock albums is really saying "Praise Satan".
Small minds. Easy to control.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is actually extremely worrying, because it suggests the media deliberately trying to influence public opinion, and therefore legal proceedings and justice.

They have deliberately misrepresented something that could be used in a legal case, manipulating public opinion.

I personally think this is very scary. I do not accept the belief that Zimmerman is automatically innocent or that he shouldn't face justice for his actions. The fact remains that he shot a young man, and there is seemingly no justification for doing so. He has lied about what happened and the police have covered up the facts.

If he was "stalking" the young guy, and he's not a police officer, it was the young mans right to defend himself against Zimmerman, just as it was supposedly Zimmerman's right to defend himself against a person that HE WAS PURSUING!?

That's perhaps the thing that makes me more angry. People are suggesting that Zimmerman was defending himself. What about the boy defending himself against a crazy guy who was stalking him in the middle of the night through a quiet neighborhood? If a guy like Zimmerman came at me at that time of night you can bet your ass I'd be worried about my safety!

Why is it okay to immediately suggest that Zimmerman was defending himself but not okay to believe that the young man was?

Anyway, back on topic... the media should be prosecuted for falsifying information and lying to the public. They are meddling in the course of justice and those responsible should be held to account.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Does this have bearing on Zimmerman's thinking as he follows Trayyvon?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxThexGreatxEscapexx
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The system is as corrupt as the media.

Well then I will stand right next to you or anyone else in calling for something else after the system has had it's chance and totally failed, if that is what happens.

I can't see how that happens in this case at THIS point because Politicians are running things now and Politicians care about one thing beyond anything else. Re-election. Other cases may be swept aside and unjustly buried in the process, but THIS case will get all the system it can take and then some....in as public a way as anything since Rodney King and OJ.

If the locals don't do it...Obama can always order his Justice Dept to re-file new charges on civil rights or some such. He was acting in a quasi-authority position as Neighborhood Watch captain as Holder would look at it....I'm sure, Regardless... The Media bias like NBC here is just disgusting and totally unnecessary.

Remember when NBC and the others reported the news instead of actively making it like a little fact-factory?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

This shouldn't be national news. Shootings happen everyday in the united states.

But how many times do the police actively cover up evidence, refuse to arrest the one who shot another, or deliberately attempt to obstruct justice?
Shootings are common, yes. But the circumstances of this case are shocking and sickening, and certainly suggest massive racism at the very core of the police department.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

He clearly says, "[snipped] Coons" sir. There is no stretch to hear it.

If he isn't saying that, then what do you insist he is saying?

edit on 1-4-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Apr 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

But how many times do the police actively cover up evidence, refuse to arrest the one who shot another, or deliberately attempt to obstruct justice?
Shootings are common, yes. But the circumstances of this case are shocking and sickening, and certainly suggest massive racism at the very core of the police department.

More times than you will ever know.
The circumstances of this case are only different because we have the 911 tapes.
Then NBC edited them to fit their agenda.

This case is being blown up for a reason.
Somebody, somewhere told NBC to edit the tapes.
Probably to try and suade public opinion to achieve an agenda.

The more we talk about it, or hype it up, the more distracted we get.

This case is only different in that it is being blasted all over the TV.
Cases like this are more common than the MSM will have you believe.
Just like they led you all to believe he was a child at 12 when it happened instead of 17.

But hey, don't let me stop you all from keeping this story rolling.

Let's march to the police office and demand his arrest.
Instead of marching on DC and demanding a real currency.
Or marching on DC and demanding our taxmoney back.
Or marching on DC because our gov't spends a trillion a year.

Come on!

What is more important people?

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Actually that recording is not very clear.
I hear "[snip] punks" not "coons".
PUNKS.

But its okay because its clear to you.
With his hispanic background it could've been in spanish for all I know.

Believe the hype.

edit on Mon Apr 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

He clearly says, "[snip] Coons" sir. There is no stretch to hear it.

If he isn't saying that, then what do you insist he is saying?

edit on 1-4-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

Well I wouldn't say clearly. But, ok, lets just go with that. So do racist people (a large majority of humans) go around killing people, and feel they will just get away with it? Do you think people with racist feelings can't still keep themselves from killing people?
Just like Trayvon being judged for his bad behavior, George is being judged for his words.

edit on Mon Apr 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

And no mention of Zimmerman muttering "#ing coon" either?
Why isn't this headlines? It completely shows Zimmerman's racial bigotry.

Because it may not of even been said. As for Zimmermans alleged racial bigotry - there is a report floating around that he tudored poor black children for free. Would someone who does that say "#ing Coon" on a 911 call? Doesn't seem likely.

the circumstances of this case are shocking and sickening, and certainly suggest massive racism at the very core of the police department.

It can't be said that this case is 'shocking and sickening' or that it 'certainly suggests massive racism at the very core of the police department'. It's IMPOSSIBLE to say at this point because nothing in the news about this case is credible.

Zimmerman may be guilty of something. He may not be.
Martin may have been engaged in illegal activities. He may not have been.
Where is the evidence to say that the police have engaged in anything racist?
There is none.

NOTHING can be accepted as fact in this case.
edit on 4/1/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

He clearly says, "#ing Coons" sir. There is no stretch to hear it.

I hear F*n Punks. And it's fuzzy. And it could have been edited. Look at what NBC did.

This is actually extremely worrying, because it suggests the media deliberately trying to influence public opinion, and therefore legal proceedings and justice.should be held to account.

EXACTLY! The media is messing with the truth. (no surprise there).
And people all over the country (and even here) are lapping it up like little puppies.
The question is .. WHY is the media doing it? What is the agenda?
What NBC did is lie to add fuel to a fire to try to cause racial strife.
WHY would they do that? That is a deeper and darker question ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join