It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBC Interview W/ Romney: Flexing his Idiot Muscles to Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well I'm not much one to start threads, but I heard this this morning, and my wife and I nearly piddled ourselves laughing over this

Well, abit of a disclaimer, there was no real news in the interview, just really a bunch of rhetoric and glam words. Then the interviewer brought up the story of Mitt Romney strapping his dog to the roof while driving to his camp (first I had heard of the story really).

It was just incredibly funny hearing him try to propaganda his way out of it. Scares me in the way that he seems like a "Bush 3.0", nothing but idiotic rantings that barely manage to say anything, but yet somehow results in success. I honestly listen to this thinking "They said Ron Paul is unelectable?"

To end it, he signed off with this little classy gem, showing how dear and tender Canadian relations is to his heart

Well look uhh, no more dogs, best wishes to all the Canadians up there, I love Canada, they got tons of trees up there, and I seen so many trees I like in Canada. Bye.

CBC The Sunday Edition, 18/04/01, Hour One
Starts from around 08:30 to about 13:30.
Made my day more amusing anyway, figured you guys might appreciate it

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Romney's love of trees and tree height, leads me to believe he is secretly a Druid

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

Yea, what is up with his strange attraction to trees. If he gets elected, big if, does he plan to invade Canada and try to take our trees. Tree envy. No, he probably is setting up a false flag type of deal. He'll say he's invading for the trees but it's really about our oil.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pigwithoutawig
reply to post by oneness86

Yea, what is up with his strange attraction to trees. If he gets elected, big if, does he plan to invade Canada and try to take our trees. Tree envy. No, he probably is setting up a false flag type of deal. He'll say he's invading for the trees but it's really about our oil.

Kinda sure it would actually be about Water Rights and the Arctic Shipping Lanes, the oil is basically on tap because America has so much refineries, not because Canada can give America more than enough. On our side of the border we only have a few oil refineries in each province, with 2 in BC and 3 in the Maritime Provinces the majority of the refineries are in Alberta, Sask and ON/QB have some too.

California, Louisiana and Texas have together more oil refineries than Canada does, the USA won't want a single resource from Canada, but that's like saying not a hair on our head will be harmed if we hand over everything else but leave only a pillar of salt.

en.wikipedia.org...

The US doesn't want Canadian oil flooding their markets, they need Canadian oil developed at a pace that makes Russian exports seem a bit more politically risky to the Europeans.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Look, my friends to the North, and this is a situation I hope Mr. Romney would keep all options on the table if you ever defriend us, but if you ever turn off the taps on your sticky goo and refuse to send it south to us, then, I'm sorry, but I will enlist to go to war with you.

You know how much Americans depend on it, are addicted to it, and cutting off our supply during times of increasing demand is unthinkable, downright unfriendly. Don't forget, it's a natural resource, susceptible to plunder by foreign nations, including geopolitical war!

My POTUS candidate is quite correct to admire all your trees. You won't be laughing, in fact, we'll get the last laugh when we use the Bush Doctrine to protect the flow of maple syrup. Just beware, Americans will keep everything on the breakfast table, including your precious commodity.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Also consider the Keystone Pipeline, running from . Huge controversy up here and the recent federal budget will make energy projects such as this easier to pass in the future.
Keystone Pipeline
Obama seeks faster Keystone review (Mar 22)
Budget shortens environmental review process (Mar 29)

To be quite honest we're doing the same as the rest of the world. Handing over as much oil as we can to US powers. We're just lucky enough to not have it done through brute force. Our leaders always seem to just subserviently bend over to the states and I could easily see NAFTA as a possibility in the coming years as our borders blur more and more. The states snaps, Canada jumps. Sounds like a subservient state to me.
edit on 1-4-2012 by DudeCuda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
for me, someone born into great wealth and privledge should be able to have empathy for the common man, not through his words, but through his actions. that part of romneys brain seems to be non-functioning. as president, he needs to represent through actions, the needs of the common man, not the desires of the wealthy. he has failed that test by his own history, and therefore, will not recieve my vote.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Look, my friends to the North, and this is a situation I hope Mr. Romney would keep all options on the table if you ever defriend us, but if you ever turn off the taps on your sticky goo and refuse to send it south to us, then, I'm sorry, but I will enlist to go to war with you.

You know how much Americans depend on it, are addicted to it, and cutting off our supply during times of increasing demand is unthinkable, downright unfriendly. Don't forget, it's a natural resource, susceptible to plunder by foreign nations, including geopolitical war!

My POTUS candidate is quite correct to admire all your trees. You won't be laughing, in fact, we'll get the last laugh when we use the Bush Doctrine to protect the flow of maple syrup. Just beware, Americans will keep everything on the breakfast table, including your precious commodity.
I highly doubt we will see the day to be quite honest. Our leaders at this time seem to believe that greater US relations is the greatest thing for Canada at the moment. US relations with Canada have been aggressive, but in a friendlier sense. We simply bow to the US, allowing you to make all the profit you want within our borders, and we're happy to do it because it improves US relations, gives us an illusion of progression. They would really have to just finish their process of 'buying us out' for us to be completely economically dependent on the states.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DudeCuda

Good! I'm pouring maple syrup over my pancakes as I type. A tricky, sticky maneuver, but necessary if I'm to spend time here. Later on, I'll eat a maple sausage sandwich as I type, less sticky but does tend to drop crumbs on the kkkkkeyboard, and they wedge into openings as I try to remove them, makkking certain kkkeys stickkkk.

Glad to help Canada with illusions of progression. Joni Mitchell said it best. "It's life's illusions I recall."

Hey, try being dependent on China. At least with your dependence on us, you won't have to learn a really different language like I have to.

Could you Canadians help me out with Romney during the rest of this presidential political year? Could you get your great comedians to work with him, so he won't sound so pathetic when he tries to be funny?

Now, if I could get one of you to u2u me some maple sugar candy...oh, and a Labatt Blue would be nice...

top topics

join