It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on "THE END OF THE WORLD"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Regarding the whole end times mania,almost seems like a psy-op. Global warming, financial collapse, civil unrest war.Things that are happening but are being manipulated to create an emotion in the general population. Then throw in this undercurrent in the media about "THE END OF THE WORLD". TPTB want us to give up. If you think the end of the world is imminent, why care about anything?? The world is ending right? Why bother demanding alternative energy, economic justice, true democracy??? We have been lulled into a slow burning fatalism that is allowing those who take advantage of the resulting mass despair to quietly further their agenda. Remember Tokyo Rose? She used to broadcast negative propaganda as a form of despair over the airwaves to try to crush the allied troops morale. What is happening now is more subliminal, but its the same thing.
edit on 1-4-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

If humans are in fact biological batteries then isn't it possible that all of this negative energy is somehow being harvested? I recently posted one of my favorite poems to the internet, "death of a ball turret gunner" by Randall Jarrell. It reminded me of the scene from "the Matrix" where Neo is washed out of his battery container. Or maybe it is just to distract us from the real issues, like you have posited

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You must be referring to Obama.

Why not spend like there is no tomorrow?

Take as many vacations as you can and see the world?

Worry more about your march madness brackets than anything else?

Stand down our military and nuclear arsenals?

Play more golf, more golf, more golf?

Don't do a darn thing about illegal immigration?

Make secret deals with the Russians behind our backs, not knowing he is being recorded?

Bow to a Saudi Prince?

And tell the world that Trayvon Marton looks like his son....the one he never had.

Right?

Party like its 1999!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The world revolves aroun money and fear sells. Plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
All I read on ATS are thread after thread about the end of the world being imminent, global consciousness shift occurred last night, booming noises signal doom, heavy mass object incoming, and on and on and on.

Then I go outside my door and walk to the park. See people playing with their kids, pick-up basketball games, hot chicks jogging, and on and on and on.

Same thing if I go to our downtown area, or the mall, or wherever.

My advice: turn off the internet for awhile, or at least take a break from ATS. The hysteria you see here is very much contained in a vaccuum, in my opinion.

I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to tell me that everyone at his AA meeting or Warhammer gaming club is talking about this same stuff...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I am over 50 and have been hearing end of the world prophecies since I was a child. I am still here.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

What does this say about us as a people?

The mayans have a prophecy. Nobody thinks to go to the source (the mayans) to ask them what they are talking about. The history channel did an entire series on the mayans and there was not one single mayan interviewed. Just a bunch of people who think that they know more than the mayans do about the mayan people, the mayan calendar and the mayan prophecies.

Do you know the reason for why we do this? Because we cannot accept as a people that there may be something out there that we ourselves do not understand. We cannot accept that there may be something out there that is more than what we currently believe to know from what is our very small and ignorant view of the self and therefore life.

So what do we do? Instead of going to the Mayan people and learning from them what they are saying we create ideas and with these ideas continue the illusion that we know more than the mayans do about their own calendar and their own prophecies. As a result we sit around and debate and analyze and question the ideas that we ourselves are creating about what is going to happen. We do all of this to avoid having to accept the truth - that the mayans know something or understand something about life that we currently do not.

There are many of us, me included, who have been working for many years on the grids or the matrix. We have been working absolutely tirelessly on dismantling the old 3D grid and facilitating the building of the new one. And like the mayans nobody believes us. Nobody cares to listen to what we are saying in the same exact way that nobody wants to listen to the mayans. It is pure and absolute ignorance that we would rather sit around and be afraid of or talk about nonsense than open up to the truth and listen to the people who know. And we do all of this in the name of being able to continue to believe that we know everything that there is to know about life. To protect our ignorance we actually prefer to listen to all of the fear mongering and survivalist propaganda than actually go to the people who actually understand what is about to happen and are more than happy to help everybody through what is about to happen.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Interesting take on it but one that i do not fully buy for the following reason: what would be the benefit for TPTB? That said though, good post. I have had to think about this topic again with a different spin, something for which i am always grateful (helps to tackle an issue from as many view points as possible).

My own take on the actual end of the world is that humans will long be dust by the time it actually happens. Or so i hope!

new topics

top topics

join