It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watertown, Wisconsin: Ground Swelling & Exploding Kitchen Tiles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Hi.

Okay my last thread was an April Fools Day joke.

I assure you that this is no joke.

Quoted from youtube source:

"This video, constitutes a story from Watertown in Wisconsin, that was reported on, earlier this week. The incident lends more credible evidence to the theory that something more than just the U.S. Geological Survey's (USGS) explanation of a 1.5 magnitude earthquake, is the cause for the mysterious booms that have been heard for over six months in Clintonville.

A Watertown school will reopen Wednesday after some exploding tiles forced classes to be canceled Tuesday. Tiles in the cafeteria started to buckle and explode Monday at St. Henry's Catholic School. "And I looked at the tiles on the floor. (They) were raising up and flying across the kitchen floor. So, we got out of the cafeteria and told the kids to go up to their classrooms. Eventually, they were evacuated," St. Henry's Cooking Manager Diane Dannenberg said. "It looked like the movie 'Tremors' where something was tunneling underneath the floor." Some described exploding, but the floor definitely buckled. The city's building inspector said the part of the building affected was built in 1952. Investigators are looking at all sorts of possibilities to explain why these tiles lifted off the ground. After 20 years as the city's building inspector, Joe Heimsch said he was baffled after first looking at this basement.

Courtesy of WISN"

Okay you have to admit whatever is going on is strange.

I looked on a Wisconsin map and Watertown is almost straight south from Clintonville!!!!

edit on Sun Apr 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

All I have to say is tell me when the tripods are moving!! J/K!! Odd stuff, but interesting to say the least.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dhyan1111

This thread is titled: Ground Swelling...
I'd sure like to know where the ground is reported to have been swelling. I know of no such things in the Watertown area.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Corpsehoagie

Can you please post your location - the location where this happened?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
tension or compression of a substrate floor can in theory cause tiles to lift/explode. i'm versed in the construction industry and can say anything under stress will eventually fail but that depends on design, material factors and co-efficient of expansion of both the surface material as well as the substrata it is embedded on ie tiles grouted onto concrete.
hope that helps.
regards fakedirt.

btw if you are in the vicinity of a potential exploding floor, do not look at it. the shards of vitrified glazing can and will cause permanent damage to the eyes. took me over a year to dig out a shard in my hand some moons ago.

just taken a look at the santa cruz county jail floor. on initial viewing i suspect that is caused by deflection in the slab below (bowing floor). notice how the tiles are pointing upwards? also another factor (small one) is the grout. it may be too strong and not of a flexible nature.
edit on 10-4-2012 by fakedirt because: added jailbird

edit on 10-4-2012 by fakedirt because: y

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join