It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email and web use 'to be monitored' under new laws

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

I actually thought about trying to organize a mass false alert, like the way some servers are crashed, but I would feel horrible if because we were horsing around something awful happened. I do feel pretty safe in the school with all the other fish though.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm trying to organize a protest agains this, and would appreciate the help of every UK citizen on ATS to spread the word and join if possible.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a thread i created, dedicated to the protest.

Facebook group

Protest details as thus far (subject to change, depending on the people themselves)

www.facebook.com...

I have just created this facebook group, calling for a protest against the bill for internet monitiering, on the 7th orf May outside parliament, 4pm. Letting you guys at ATS know, in hope of support and spread of information.

Information is there, but at the moment it is wide open to idea's, as i only created the group no longer than 5 mins ago, spread the word and give ideas for effectiveness are all welcome.

Hope to hear from you all soon, and I hope this goes viral and get much support, for this must be prevented. Exorcise the democratic right, even if it is illegal to protest now, we need to show that we will not give up.

All the best, and every little helps!

Thanks,

Trolloks.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Use the Tor client and Tor browser. It's about the best your're going to do. You can also access the .onion domain AKA, the "deep net" or "invisable net". A lot of info you won't find "here".

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I can see where this is heading.

Those who simply question the world around them, ask questions about 9/11 and what the real agenda of our governments are will be labelled as 'threats' or 'terrorists'.

You'll have bureaucratic gob#es taking everything out of context- 'oh this guy thinks this so he must be some kind of terrorist etc..'

I think the powers that be are well aware there is a current spiritual awakening occuring as we move further into 2012 and beyond, or at least they are aware their system is becoming more and more exposed by the internet.

Without the internet, I'd be saying how evil that Gaddafi was, oh didn't NATO do well when they bombed Libya so the poor rebels could get to Gaddafi. Without the internet, you'd only have the mainstream media, you wouldn't have access to the alternative truths.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AR154

I think this is really stupid. Terrorism is just an excuse to be able to control and monitor the people. By doing this, the UK government is violating human rights. Besides terrorists aren't going to be stopped with this action. They're still going to do terrorist things

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AR154

Email and web use 'to be monitored' under new laws

www.bbc.co.uk

The government will be able to monitor the calls, emails, texts and website visits of everyone in the UK under new legislation set to be announced soon.

Internet firms will be required to give intelligence agency GCHQ access to communications on demand, in real time.

The Home Office says the move is key to tackling crime and terrorism, but civil liberties groups have criticised it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Welcome to the new world order, there is no whistle blowing, criticism or freedom anymore.
Just eat and sleep like a slave

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I live in england and it is the most camera happy country in the world,.and in portsmouth there is a camera on every street there.big brother watched me walk a few miles down the road, and then when i tryd to get into the club on a night out to my amazement the bouncers at the club said no ur drunk police saw me on camera watched me walk a few miles down the road and radio the doormen not to let me in, military police then arrested me because they thought my tesco carry bag with 4 cans of stella was a bomb looool.big brother you suck and stop looking at little sister in the girls room with ur camera crazy friends peace to all the posters on here.and to all my american cousins who stand by us brits respect......

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Raise your hand if you thought that they couldn't and didn't check on you when you're on the web?!?!?! Really?

I'm surprised that anybody is still shocked about any of this.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sharkman

Sure they can check when your on the web, But now its about content when using the "WEB"..hands up if you agree with ME??

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I know exactly what you mean but I am so sick and tired of our government's attempts to terrorize us.

tr.v. ter·ror·ized, ter·ror·iz·ing, ter·ror·iz·es
1. To fill or overpower with terror; terrify.
2. To coerce by intimidation or fear.

In the dim and distant past (sorry - about a decade ago) I seem to recollect the west being told that we were/would be the subject of terrorist attacks because our freedoms and way of life were envied. So what are they doing? Levelling the playing field to bring us more into line with the average fascist dictatorship to negate the supposed jealousy? It would seem so to me.

What's been going on with all the double standards as well? Why is it that at a time when, apparently, we're at risk of attack against the civilian population from unknown sources govt. immigration policy reduced controls and checks at our borders to an almost non-existent level? What is that?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It's not so bad. You are just having to give up your freedoms in return for other ones. That's what I call the "New Age Deal".

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
They don't have the write to open and read my snail mail( and they don't want to), they shouldn't have the right to open and read my emails.
This is not about security or safety, it is about control! They are losing their grip on manipulating the public via MSM so they are going after control of the net.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Well there's about 1700 + comments on the BBC article now and some of them make powerful points. My fave so far is from a contributor who challenges all those who claim they have nothing to hide to post all of their personal bank details , credit cards and emails online and to include the passwords. Point well made
edit on 2-4-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
I live in england and it is the most camera happy country in the world,.

Think yourself lucky. They keep us safe.

It's these very cameras that provided us with images of the 7/7 bombers taking explosive devices to their targets and killing 52 people!

With regards to the email monitoring if everyone were to randomly add the words "fertilizer" "infidel" and "Allah Akbar" to every email and text they send the system would soon crash

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

It's these very cameras that provided us with images of the 7/7 bombers taking explosive devices to their targets and killing 52 people!

They keep us safe? You're kidding right? You can't see the irony in your own comment? 52 people are dead - did the cameras jump down and save them?

Personally I have no issue with cameras in public places like train stations etc. they do make me feel safer - but not from terrorism. As a woman they make me feel safer from potential robbery and assault (which I have experienced).

These cameras were put in place in Glasgow before they were ever commonplace on the streets of London (in the early 90's) long before this so-called age of terror. The justification? To stop anti-social behaviour from uncoof yoofs. But....the cameras have been used to justify less and less police walking our streets. The cameras may help catch the perpetrators but only ever after the fact.

If they really want to stop potential terrorist threats they should stop assisting with the invasion of countries and killing thousands of the population while callously stating 'we don't do body counts'.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Wow ...yup they kept those 52 people safe...as they watched ......way to go.

This is ridiculous and if people don't see it then they are blind....It's not about having things to hide....it about privacy....It also means the NEWS OF THE WORLD was perfectly legit in going into peoples voice mails......good for them.

So when i send out a naughty email seducing my lady.....I get to have some gov official having a wank while reading it......awesome.

this is yet another step on the road to reigning in the slaves.......and you know what...by some of the comments i realize how they have succeeded in controlling the muppets .......So for those of you who do not seem bothered by people being able to read your personal stuff....then please feel free to post you stuff publicly.....Do i have things to hide.....Of course i do.....and it is no ones business what it is i have to hide.......

also....all the info they obtain will be obtainable under FOIA.......so this is good huh.....Are people so dense to accept anything like this......Time to leave England or Any country that does not respect individuals rights to privacy........

Imagine, for a moment, that you're incredibly unlucky. So unlucky in fact, that you're hit by lightning. But imagine, that you're so unlucky that you were hit by lightning, while swimming at night. Continue to imagine, if you will, that your luck is so bad, that while you were getting hit by lightning while night swimming you were also being attacked by a shark. Now imagine that all this occurred in the mini-malls fountain. That would be the luck you'd need, statistically speaking, to be a victim of a terrorist attack.

SOURCE

to all the people who agree with this....i think you all need to jump into a fountain with sharks and see what strikes first......the shark or the lightening......

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
all this monitoring should start with the damn Government, since they're the one purposing it...

yep we're starting services for monitoring every email and phone call for "national security"

every citizen can be tapped at any time... but us.. those of us in the government \the ones who need a camera and a mic on them 24/7... shyt we need to be loggin thier key strokes and there site visits to their bank accounts...

"you life will be recorded and used against you in the court of law"...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by torsion

They keep us safe? You're kidding right? You can't see the irony in your own comment? 52 people are dead - did the cameras jump down and save them?

You missed the intended sarcasm of my post!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AR154

This is how the Nazis got going give us yur freedom so we can protect you. A total disgrace people need to speak out.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Thank goodness for that

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join