It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big secret is.....

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

SDOW is currently at $43.54 so 5 shares are worth $217.70
Most brokerages will loan you $114,000 as margin.
That means as long as you keep making positive investments you get to keep the money.
When your investments start to lose value they call you and either liquidate your account or have you wire the difference.
Thats what happened today they were gambling long on margin and had to liquidate.
$217,700 leaves you with a cool $100 grand after interest on margin I'm happy for you.

edit on 25-2-2020 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

If you made profit of 3% in one day then you are a winner. Bankers will pay you 1% and bonds pay 3% for a year.

This cycle has turned with a vengeance. Very vicious down move here. I believe in his tweet Trump was telling us that his 2016-2020 rally would fall 50% at which point it would turn upward once again.

And again... the question is.... what sort of trade to make tomorrow? I sort of think that after two big down days the market should start to buy up. Will it? Nobody knows. Seriously. The biggest traders/brokers are in control here. Maybe they read my thread? I don't know.

This is why I have not made riches trading. I've been following this for decades and still have not struck it rich.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The trades in this thread starting with DDM have doubled your money so you *could* have cleared $100,000 today on margin.
SDOW is trading at $42.96 after hours tonight.
If we have another fake rally it may be a while before SDOW goes back above $43 but it could go to $100 in a bear market.
You have taught me patience and I've learned to take the long view.
That means waiting till the markets are below the 200 day moving average to invest in stocks.
Might not happen for a few years so I think FDIC insured certificates of deposit earning 2 or 3% are a better choice for me.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Not such a big Hulk Smash today. Perhaps the sellers are getting tired of selling?

So here we are after three days of selling. Is it buy time now? I think a lot of people must be thinking it is. Just statistically, right? I mean, it must be time to wade in and buy a little, eh? This is a crazy game. Everything is being liquidated.... stocks, crypto, gold. Only bonds are being bought up. You know the old U.S. Bonds that nobody would ever want because China holds so many. The old U.S. Dollar Bond that is going bust and is soon to be replaced by CommieCoin, roight? What can you believe in? Guns and ammo? Generators and Alex Jones videos? How about 90% of the public doesn't even pay attention to the news and have no idea about any world events beyond football and will wake up tomorrow and go to work like always? That's what I believe. People just keep on doing what they do. The game continues.

And why is the conversation here so limited? Nobody cares. I am telling you the dates and the market moves and nobody cares. Is it too shocking? Do you still not get it? I know, I know. It is very offensive and bewildering. It really knocks you for a loop to find out about something that has been there all along just grinding the gears of civilization. This is it, folks. This the attack to which we are exposed, and nobody cares.

When the market turns in the summer will you shrug your shoulders and keep doing what you do?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

90% of the people in the world don't own stocks ,1% owns over 50% of the shares.
The Fibonacci TA for the Dow Jones index called for a 9.2% price retracement from the highs.
Dow broke down below that at the close today after the bounce, so the bull market may be dead by summer.
Nobody knows anything about TA except the milk that comes out of those polar bear teats has a 22% fat content Yumm.
You don't have any money because you didn't sell anything so what difference does it make?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I will be the first to admit I don't know what you are talking about.

And you don't really know what I'm talking about do you?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

No clue

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

This stock sell-off reminds me of the one after 9-11. That one also occurred during the 5th greater step Slaying The Dragon. Immediately after that was the Elizabeth Smart Return of the Captive event. After that 6th greater step ended with the return of Elizabeth, the system started over again on the 1st greater step and a massive bull run up to the late 2007 turning point.

Just brutal selling right now. Not even gold or silver are rising. Only bonds. People selling everything including bitcoin. The only thing being bought up is the U.S. Dollar Bond. That old fiat everybody laughs about. The strongest paper on the planet. See? Funny, isn't it? The so-called U.S. "economy" as graphed by stock prices is going straight to hell and yet the one thing is demand is U.S. Paper. LOLz. Everything the Media spouts is filthy.

America is the Greatest and you all know it and fear it.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The most underrated thread on ATS.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I read the thread, haven’t had anything useful to add. I’m buying a little tqqq at close today.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mover3

Thank you. I've only been on this path down the rabbit hole for a couple of decades so your comment means a lot to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

Good luck! I hope it works for you in a huge way. Be careful of time decay on those types of shares, but you probably already know that.

I'm looking for a bottom around 23,000 on the Dow and I admit I didn't think the fall would be this dramatic. It is very difficult to know the way the zig and the zag will occur. The turning point I believe is at the summer solstice. Look at the huge drop after 9-11 and then the huge rally back up only to met with more selling after E.S. was kidnapped. Of course if stock trading was easy then everybody would do it.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
A 650 point rally on the Dow index chart going into the close of trading on Friday afternoon. That's not unusual. This market is wild. Day traders are having some fun with this market no doubt.

The really big question is exactly who runs this operation and is it good for America or bad for America?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Now take a look at the metals charts and the bonds charts. See all the high priced metals being sold? Notice how bonds are being bought up. That's not you or I buying those things. That is really big bankers/brokers buying bonds like bricks to build upon. Interestingly when bond prices rise the interest rate drops so these bond holders can then lever up some greater stock purchasing power at even lower interest rates. They have these foundational bricks now so they borrow against them at low rates and swoop into the stock market and buy up huge blocks of shares which will begin to show a profit immediately, and prices rise, and small guys buy some, and the word spreads around and the game continues.

This money sloshing around in the engine of commerce game is fascinating. Better than football.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The video "Margin Call" I linked explained how things like leverage, margin, and trade buffering can be used to manipulate markets.

Large price corrections like this could have an effect on the corporate visionaries. For example if companies eliminate staff positions and cut back on production expenses because they now expect lower demand it could start the recession earlier.

Very sharp, drop after this market top which gave investors less time to react and sell. Maybe they learned from bitcoin that people tend to hodl longer with this kind of pattern? Now with the recession partially priced in there won't be as much selloff panic on bad news. I'm seeing a lot of possibilities here and will be watching the Sunday evening Asian markets. Its a global crew obviously and possibly somewhat democratic but all I heard was "America first" on the Japanese Emperors birthday. Did you hear anything?

The US Fed doesn't have much room to lower rates so they would likely wait until after the recession was official so as not to turn an early bounce into a stock price bubble. Most recessions result in the markets going below their 200 day moving averages so we probably have some more price downside eventually.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Friday's action makes me seriously guess we could see some rally efforts next week, Week 6 starting March 1, 2020.

February 28th Dow prints down -357.28 which is an interesting number. The Dow Futures actually show up +139 which would indicate a pop on Monday.

Anybody can make a guess.

So here is my super fast and sloppy Summer Solstice Dow Guess....

Probably some rally upward next week and the following weeks and some sort of sideways channel and then another break down until late June and then we will be down at 23,000 and you will look back and see some zig and some zag as the chart works its way there.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mover3
The most underrated thread on ATS.

And if come late June the reality actually matches up with the chart above, then somebody can hire me as a market analyst and I will stop posting online giving away all the secrets of the master manipulators.

Please, somebody hire me and give me a plush office in which to relax and prognosticate.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I'm looking for a bottom of 18500, ambitious I know

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Mover3

DJT is going to have to come clean with the truth about the September 11'th planned obsolescence if that happens.
Easier to just let the Democrats blame him for the recession and let him keep blaming the Federal reserve bankers.
Real dice and the wolves won't make nice..

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

FAS 68 fill or kill?

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join