It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life threatening Experience on 3/29/12 - Really happened!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Just note about my life threatening experience on the morning of 3/29/12. This was extremely frightening thing and,for several minutes (about 10-15) I was not sure I was going to be able to get to a phone to get the immediate 911 help I needed.

Seriously, I kept collapsing and losing consciousness. I could not, at times, even manage to make my body more!! I was,literally, on the floor for most of the 10-15 minutes or so it took me to get to the area the phone was....THEN, I could not reach the phone hanging on the wall. It was then I began to talk to God. Because I had no strength to lift myself up off the floor!! It was, also, then that I KNEW if I did not get to that phone....I was going to die. I was in serious trouble and knew it.......

By His Grace, I was able to throw myself up enough to just knock the phone to the floor. It took forever - it seemed - for me to pick it up, dial 911, and then wait four or five rings before they answered. All I could talk was a couple of words at a time by now and said 'On the floor'. I was not able to get the address out when asked. But they told me where I was & I managed a 'yes'. She immediately said she was dispatching paramedics and I was getting worse quickly.

My fingres were so swollen, I could not bend them. I was going in & out of consciousness. Then I heard my words slurring extremely bad as I tried to say with dispatch. My dog was with me and all I could say- with extreme effort - was 2 things. 'Please don't break the door down' and 'PLEASE do not let my dog get out'. Just able to get out 2 words at a time - very slurred - I guided them to a window I, again by God's Grace,had left open a few inches that night. (I usually close that one). 1 guy got in and let the firemen all in the front door....which set off the home alarm. Though, I was so out of it,I really did not notice. But they told me how loud it was and asked how to turn it off. So again, with extreme effort, I told them about the control on my keys in my room. They grabbed it and turn the alarm off. Funny.....they brought them with us- locked the house - and even grabbed my cell phone.

One guy, I begged to close the sliding door to shut my dog up in the kitchen so he could not get out of the front door. He did that for me.....then more issues arose when they got me into the ambulance. They needed to get an IV into me to administer Benadryl and IV epinephrine. But,for the first time in my life, they could not find a vein that would not collapse!! This was because of the extreme swelling thru out my entire body. They monitored my heart rate because my BP was dangerously low - thus the reason I kept fading in & out. I was still in some serious trouble.......but was getting pure oxygen as my airways had started to make breathing very difficult. What an experience!!! And, they even told me my slurring was worsening much more. I wondered if I was having a stroke by this time. But I knew, as soon as all this started, it was that anti-biotic - I took 20-30 minutes before I was able to reach 911 - that had started all these possibly life threatening reactions in all my body's systems and I KNEW within minutes I was in trouble.

At that moment, when I ask for God to help me with the phone on the wall I could no reach.....I KNEW I did not want to die!! Anyway, at the hospital they got the IV going and started all the mandatory meds to counteract what was happening to me. I was in & out for several hours. Then, finally, I started to stabilize after 3 and 1/2 hours on constant oxygen and medications - tho my BP was still very low, it was up enough that I was out of danger. That and the swelling had drastically started to subside and I could talk much better. When the doctor told me I was stabilized enough to come thru this, he asked if I was up to going home. HELL YES!! I hate hospitals stays!!

So they discharged me with distinct directions of how to monitor myself with additional meds. My throat is still swollen because it is very difficult to swallow the pills they gave me - even as I type this........

So, I am home and going to be okay - by HIS Grace, I believe - because He is not ready for me to go yet. I have more I am suppose to be doing. After Mom passed, six months ago, I wasn't quite sure why I was suppose to continue to 'be around'. This experience has the potential to change my entire life!!! I MUST hang on to that!!

So.........I thought I needed to share this with people I know. Some much better than others. Many who have been a great help to me during the trials of my life over the last 18 months. THANK YOU!!! Thank YOU, MY Lord.......how can I,now, be of service to You???

Below is the medical explanation for what I experienced. Though, it states most have 1-3 of the main symptoms.......I had experienced most,if not them ALL! And, by God's Grace, am here to share it with you.

edit on 2-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
imo, god put you in this mess, maybe for a reason.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

Glad to hear you're still with us.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

wowzers !

you didn't post what the problem(s) were.. unless your still typing them out..

really glad your ok .. and yes.. by His Grace [divine influnce] we are saved.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
WHAT triggered your allergic reaction/anaphylaxis?

be well

glad u made it

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'm glad you are ok but can I say one thing... and I don't mean to offend or anything but you say that god helped you...but why would god put you in such a situation anyway?
If there is a god, then why do we suffer?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

CONGRATS ON YOUR SURVIVAL!

I believe God allows negative things . . . for various reasons . . .

Job comes to mind.

sometimes we leave spiritual doors open.

It appears that this one left you wanting to live and carry on for whatever purposes He might have for you. That could have been a high priority to Him.

In any case--CONGRATS ON OVERCOMING.

Thankfully, HE HAS PROMISED TO NEVER LEAVE US NOR FORESAKE US who are called by His Name . . . earnestly seeking to Love and follow Him.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
I'm glad you are ok but can I say one thing... and I don't mean to offend or anything but you say that god helped you...but why would god put you in such a situation anyway?

My kid cousin asked that among similar q's questioning God's existence when her oldest sister was killed in a horrible accident

I dont see the logic in it, if there is a Supreme Omipotent Creator why people assume life will be red carpet and a bed of roses

Luckily she grew up and doesn't ask such naive, Selfish questions anymore. However, its unfortunate so many adults do even in their own deathbeds.

God is existence itself and all-encompassing. All is all. The good with the bad, and usually the will to do good and be done good but heck the latter is karma.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

Luckily she grew up and doesn't ask such naive, Selfish questions anymore. However, its unfortunate so many adults do even in their own deathbeds.

Sorry, i'm in one of those moods today.
I should've known better than to question God.
Cheers.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Anaphylaxis can kill within 20min. You are Blessed you survived. Take care not to expose yourself to that again. Gonna need to carry an epinephrine pen with you, sounds like.

I am sure you are here for a reason and He will use you!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
if there is a Supreme Omipotent Creator why people assume life will be red carpet and a bed of roses

Because we get spoon fed that God is a 'loving father'.
I treat my daughter better than God seems to be treating a lot of people here.
THAT is where the question about suffering comes in.
True .. we can't see the reason for everything.
But there sure seems to be a lot of suffering here for no reason at all.
OF COURSE people are going to wonder about it.
Heck .. even St. Mother Teresa wondered at times where God was, while she was helping the poor.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What anti-biotic gave you that reaction?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Champagne, I think you were undecided, if you wanted to live after your mother passed. Now you know for sure that you do. Our sincere questions are always answered in unexpected ways. I have been answered in very unexpected ways. Every step we take is for our own soul growth and separation from a creative, intelligent consciousness is only an illusion.

I'm glad you are okay!
edit on 1-4-2012 by Onboard2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I see this as boot camp.

I read Scripture as indicating that

this boot camp is designed to

rear and train us . . . particularly in terms of values, character, integrity,

and very particularly HUMILITY and learning about LOVING even our enemies . . .

SO THAT

we might rule and reign with Christ

WITH A GREATER WEIGHT OF GLORY, higher rank through endless ages over countless multiverses.

COMPARED TO THOSE GOALS

all kinds of things become fodder, grist for the mill, fuel for the crucibles and fiery furnaces

necessary to produce us as fine gold refined multiple times.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I don't think we should be too quick to judge how other people view the world. Everyone has their reasons for thinking as they do.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I wondered if I was having a stroke by this time. But I knew, as soon as all this started, it was that anti-biotic - I took 20-30 minutes before I was able to reach 911 - that had started all these possibly life threatening reactions in all my body's systems and I KNEW within minutes I was in trouble.

The anti-biotic is called Avelox. I took it for several days last month but stop when I needed something stronger. When I became ill again a few days before this happened, doc gave me a shot & more of these Avelox samples. Within minutes of taking first dose all this began - rather quickly. Basically during the first days I used it last month, it attached itself to my cells and when I took that very first dose (3/30 NOT 3/29) it caused all my white blood cells to attack what they thought were the infection and pushed everything into overdrive. Basically attacking all the systems in my body EXTREMELY quickly. I KNEW I was in serious trouble and it had something to do with taking that damn pill!!
edit on 4/2/2012 by Champagne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Sorry, but God did not put me into this bad situation. A MAN MADE MEDICATION DID.......People suffer because of OTHER PEOPLE - human beings, NOT because of the God I have come to know.

I, firmly, believe all sickness, murders, war, diseases, hunger, greed, etc. is caused by MAN - not God.

Why does God allow these things to happen, a lot of people may ask??? Well, IMHO, it is because of the greatest thing He ever gave us - Free Will. I believe Free Will is a 2 edged sword for most humans. Thus the cause of death, disease, starvation, extreme thirst, hunger, war, greed, selfishness, etc., etc.

Why does He not just fix it all?? Because the point of giving humans free will is because He wants us - with our own free will - to ask Him into our lives to guide us. Sorry, I know some think this is, total, nonsense. I believe it to be the TRUTH.

Trust me when I say that I was fading fast. I did not have the strength to fricking sit or stand!! If I had not called out to Him, IMHO, I do not know how I was going to get that damn phone off the wall & to the floor - where I was. I, in fact, KNEW I would die right there & then!! So.......I sincerely asked for His intervention into my life AT THAT MOMENT. It was like I, somehow, THREW my body up enough to tap the phone to the floor. That was NOT me alone. Because I was, in fact, dying and was, on my own not capable of doing what happened. Remember me saying I was going in and out of consciousness during the entire event??

There was no way I could have done it! Absolutely NO WAY!!!

edit on 4/2/2012 by Champagne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well I'm certainly glad you are alright and that the pup is too.

Guys, if someone had a very traumatic experience and has faith in a higher power and wants to share that with you MUST you make an issue out of it? Wish them well, be glad they have faith even if you don't believe. Having faith is a good thing. Having faith may have just given the OP that extra push. Even if you don't believe in God, don't diminish someone others experience. Faith matters and can be very powerful.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

But God made man. Right?
If he made ALL this around us, why did he create such destructive race?
Bad day at the office...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
Champagne, I think you were undecided, if you wanted to live after your mother passed. Now you know for sure that you do. Our sincere questions are always answered in unexpected ways. I have been answered in very unexpected ways. Every step we take is for our own soul growth and separation from a creative, intelligent consciousness is only an illusion.

I'm glad you are okay!
edit on 1-4-2012 by Onboard2 because: (no reason given)

I believe you are totally correct, Onboard. She & I are soul spirits, IMHO and when she was no longer here, I was unsure as to how I wanted to proceed. Not suicidal, but I was really questioning IF I wanted to continue to stay in this F'ed up World. I, totally, lost myself for six months after she passed the end of August 2011. Literally lost everything we had together......just totally lost without her in my life. It had paralyzed me, in every way, since she passed away. I did not know HOW I was going to go on without such as wonderful soul in my life any longer - nor did I really want to go on!!

This experience HAS had a drastic affect upon me and He has been a very big part of the last 30 years of my life......then Mother became terminal and I (self will) made the decision to care for her as best I could with my self will and DID!!!! Now.....due to the MAN MADE events of that day (and her passing)....I asked Him to help me overcome my self will so I could continue on whatever journey He has in mind for me. And, I HUMBLY, accepted Him into my heart and my life again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join