It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trinity before and after Jesus's birth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
According to christian beliefs, the creator of the universe is a single entity made up of three parts: God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If this is the case, is it fair to say that this is how this god has always been, three parts in one?

In Genesis, it says that the spirit of God moved over the waters of the deep when the earth was without form and void. Which part of this god did that? They Holy Spirit, God the Father, or God the Son? Or all three? I've often heard that God the Father is spirit. But there is also the Holy Spirit who is spirit. So, does that mean this god consists of two spirits? Then God the Son is the body, I suppose. Now, before he created anything, why did he need a body? Why did he need eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands, feet, etc. if he indeed as in bodily form? Or were all three in spirit form at this time? Man that is confusing!

Now, before Jesus (who is God the Son) was born, what form was he in exactly? Was he in a flesh body? Also, why would he be called God the Son if he had not been born yet?

The time eventually came for him to be born on earth, so what I am wondering is what happened to his other form when he became a human baby? Did it kind of fade away from heaven?

Jesus (God the Son) said that he would send his holy spirit to the apostles after he died, as a comforter. Was the holy spirit a comforter to others before Jesus died? If not, what did it do exactly?

After Jesus died, came back alive, and went to heaven, did he take on the same form he had before he came to earth or did he keep his newer form?

Finally, when you're in heaven and you yell out, "Hey God!" which one will turn their head and reply?

edit on 1-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I thought trinity was polytheism?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral
Not the way christians describe it.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

The way Christians describe it sounds like they are lead astray.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Not the way christians describe it.

As a confirmed catholic, it is. Even the way Christians describe it. Oh but don't talk about praying to saints or anything. It only makes us mad

By us I mean those who still buy into the dogma
edit on 1-4-2012 by randomtangentsrme because: last sentence

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The first article of the Christian creed is the doctrine of creation, in which God not only created the material universe but saw that "it was very good" (Genesis 1:31).

The second article is the doctrine of the incarnation, which likewise affirms the physical realm by teaching that God Himself "came down from heaven, was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary, and was made man."
In Christ, "the Word became flesh" (John :14).

In the third article, we find that the Holy Spirit manifests Himself in earthly entities, from the "communion of saints" that is the church through the physical resurrection of the dead.

The means of grace-the Word and Sacraments- are likewise material things. Mundane acts such as going to church and living in a family and going to work are charged with spiritual significance.
edit on 1-4-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

....that is confusing!

and in the beginning there was only the word, will not bring more light into this thread either, i guess.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
To me,Its like walking into a parade full of mis - informants....I'm sorry,but I will never understand the meaning of ideology

there seems to be a nature of things I can prove without a doubt....don't worry,I still love you

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
[As a confirmed catholic, it is. Even the way Christians describe it. Oh but don't talk about praying to saints or anything. It only makes us mad

Other christians will be here shortly to disagree with you.

Also, why do you worship the Saints and Mary?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

[As a confirmed catholic, it is. Even the way Christians describe it. Oh but don't talk about praying to saints or anything. It only makes us mad

My mother is an ex catholic nun. I was confirmed at 13 or 14. I started drumming for the Catholic church at 16. Went on to other Cristian denominations (they paid me) by 19.
I do not know why they worship Saints and Mary, it's against the bible. I have dealt with more politics working for churches than in any other job I have.
I cannot accept the Christian ideology. I've live through to many do as I say not as I do moments to believe it

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

My mother is an ex catholic nun. I was confirmed at 13 or 14. I started drumming for the Catholic church at 16. Went on to other Cristian denominations (they paid me) by 19.
I do not know why they worship Saints and Mary, it's against the bible. I have dealt with more politics working for churches than in any other job I have.
I cannot accept the Christian ideology. I've live through to many do as I say not as I do moments to believe it

I heard this from an ex-catholic, the purest women become nun meaning unable to marry and the same as the men. So who are left to breed?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

So who are left to breed?
I'll do it!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DuecesxGeneral

As my mother tells it, she went to the convent after college, and got a message from god that she was to go out and raise a family. Went to college, met my father, blah blah. . .

I do not believe men can become nuns.
Some people hear a calling, I guess. I do not know. I have not lived my parents life.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
To me,Its like walking into a parade full of mis - informants....I'm sorry,but I will never understand the meaning of ideology

there seems to be a nature of things I can prove without a doubt....don't worry,I still love you

It appears that good ol' Travolta boy there resolved his confusion by becoming a scientologist.

Lmao, out of the frying pan, into the fire!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Click on my name and it will take you to the info on the Trinity.

According to christian beliefs, the creator of the universe is a single entity made up of three parts: God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If this is the case, is it fair to say that this is how this god has always been, three parts in one?
Yes. God never changes.

In Genesis, it says that the spirit of God moved over the waters of the deep when the earth was without form and void. Which part of this god did that? They Holy Spirit, God the Father, or God the Son? Or all three?
Holy Spirit

I've often heard that God the Father is spirit. But there is also the Holy Spirit who is spirit. So, does that mean this god consists of two spirits?
Yes. Example: water can be ice or gas.

Then God the Son is the body, I suppose. Now, before he created anything, why did he need a body?
He did not.

Why did he need eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands, feet, etc. if he indeed as in bodily form?
He doesn't need them. He has a body in the Son so we can relate to God.

Or were all three in spirit form at this time?
No.

Man that is confusing!

Now, before Jesus (who is God the Son) was born, what form was he in exactly? Was he in a flesh body?
Yes

Also, why would he be called God the Son if he had not been born yet?
He always existed, unlike you and I who were created by God in the womb. (Zech 12:1).

The time eventually came for him to be born on earth, so what I am wondering is what happened to his other form when he became a human baby? Did it kind of fade away from heaven?
No.

Jesus (God the Son) said that he would send his holy spirit to the apostles after he died, as a comforter. Was the holy spirit a comforter to others before Jesus died?
Yes, but not as a constant companion.

If not, what did it do exactly?

After Jesus died, came back alive, and went to heaven, did he take on the same form he had before he came to earth
Yes

or did he keep his newer form?

Finally, when you're in heaven and you yell out, "Hey God!" which one will turn their head and reply?
Jesus.

edit on 4/1/2012 by Jim Scott because: syntax

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It's all a load of twaddle, that's why.

*that's the answer to any questions raised in this thread!*

Now, in 2000 years time, I bet there will be cults who worship santa, and on the 25'th of december, people will leave things outside their house as a gift because the ChristmasBook tells of a time when Santa would deliver presents to all the children of the world on that day, but no one has seen him since, and therefore he could be offended...

Appease the deity and prosper!

Well it's as twisted and convoluted as any tale of a man 2000 years ago with super powers that we can only pray to now due to his absence.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Yes. God never changes.
So Jesus was the son, though he'd never been born?

Holy Spirit
Where were the Father and Son during the holy spirit's excursion? What were they doing, waiting on the return of the holy spirit to see what he found? I don't get it.

Yes. You are one man with two arms.
True, but I'm also a man with one nose, one belly button, one penis, one mouth, etc. What does that have to do with god being two spirits?

I'm confused. Before we were created, was he in a body? If so, why? There was no one here to relate to...

No.
Ok, you said that Jesus was in a flesh body before he was born. Then, he was born into a flesh body as well. You said that Jesus, who was in heaven, did not fade away from heaven when he was born on earth, correct? If so, this means that Jesus was flesh in heaven and on earth at the same time?? This would now make 4 parts and would no longer be a trinity...

Jesus.
So when you say, "Hey God!" in heaven, Jesus will be the one to respond? How would you get the other two to respond?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Click on my name and it will take you to the info on the Trinity.

Yes. God never changes.

In Genesis, it says that the spirit of God moved over the waters of the deep when the earth was without form and void. Which part of this god did that? They Holy Spirit, God the Father, or God the Son? Or all three?
Holy Spirit

I've often heard that God the Father is spirit. But there is also the Holy Spirit who is spirit. So, does that mean this god consists of two spirits?
Yes. Example: water can be ice or gas.

Then God the Son is the body, I suppose. Now, before he created anything, why did he need a body?
He did not.

Why did he need eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands, feet, etc. if he indeed as in bodily form?

Or were all three in spirit form at this time?
No.

Man that is confusing!

Now, before Jesus (who is God the Son) was born, what form was he in exactly? Was he in a flesh body?
Yes

Also, why would he be called God the Son if he had not been born yet?
He always existed, unlike you and I who were created by God in the womb. (Zech 12:1).

No.

Jesus (God the Son) said that he would send his holy spirit to the apostles after he died, as a comforter. Was the holy spirit a comforter to others before Jesus died?
Yes, but not as a constant companion.

If not, what did it do exactly?

After Jesus died, came back alive, and went to heaven, did he take on the same form he had before he came to earth
Yes

or did he keep his newer form?

Jesus.

edit on 4/1/2012 by Jim Scott because: syntax

Why would God need to relate to us, he created us he knows us better than we know ourselvs

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Why would God need to relate to us, he created us he knows us better than we know ourselvs
I think he said it was so that WE could relate to him. I don't know why a physical body would make any difference. It is said that the Hebrews followed a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. They seemed to be ok with that. That is until they reached Mt. Sinai and created a golden calf to worship while Moses was gone. WTF???

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Copious amounts of blood and ink has flown over this very topic. Many theologians have struck the reefs of Trinitarian reasoning and turned back.
But while your at it everyone.
Work out pre destination and free will.
Jesus death, did He die when He went to Hades.
God didnt create sin, yet sin exists.
The list is long and unanswerable. Thats because we as humans cant understand God. We are finite He is infinite.
Thats why Christians are Christians by faith. No answer exists that is accurate to our reasoning.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join