It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of the Prometheus Film Leaked (Movie is about the Illuminati's Religion??)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hero_25

Sorry hero_25 I will have to stop using the funny faces in my posts. You thought I was taking the p### when what I wrote was true......I have contact....

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hero_25

edit on 1-4-2012 by dontlaughthink because: Double post

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
All this from a trailer.

The film hasn't even been released yet.

What an absolute bloody joke.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
All this from a trailer.

The film hasn't even been released yet.

What an absolute bloody joke.

No, all of this from an 'Alex Jones' clip breaking down an 'early script' that he says he has read about Prometheus. Plus what has been released so far confirms most of what he is saying. Also, this thread is NOT just about the film 'Prometheus'. The main question I was wondering is if there are any people here on ATS that can verify and/or expand on the information that Alex Jones provided in his video regarding the Illuminati's 'Religion' and if they (the Illuminati), truly believe just like many of our ancient ancestors believed in the whole 'Ancient Astronaut Theory' idea. This is the first time I've heard that the Illuminati believed in this. Again, I'm simply wondering if this is really true and if there is any other info regarding the Illuminati's 'religion' and/or 'beliefs'.

edit on 1-4-2012 by hero_25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hero_25
The main question I was wondering is if there are any people here on ATS that can verify and/or expand on the information that Alex Jones provided in his video regarding the Illuminati's 'Religion' and if they (the Illuminati), truly believe just like many of our ancient ancestors believed in the whole 'Ancient Astronaut Theory' idea. This is the first time I've heard that the Illuminati believed in this. Again, I'm simply wondering if this is really true and if there is any other info regarding the Illuminati's 'religion' and/or 'beliefs'.
Well, considering there is no Illuminati, then they by definition don't have any particular religion or beliefs.

Did primitive cultures believe in things that they couldn't explain? Yes. That's the basis of ALL religion. Mining that for the basis of a story is a goldmine, and has been done by smart filmmakers dozens of times over. This isn't covering any new territory that wasn't in Star Wars or Stargate or The Fifth Element, among dozens of other examples. Meld Joseph Cambell's monomyth with Chariots of the Gods and you've got pretty much the whole Sci-Fi/Fantasy market…

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That infowars video could be just publicity for the movie. Note when he said "I won't tell you the end". It worked with me, I wanna watch it now, even if I know there is a big chance to be disappointed.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It just looks like a sci-fi movie to me.

People believe in Scientology and that was based off a sci-fi authors work. What's the big deal?

yea but that movie it was based off of sucked really really bad.

It stars John Travolta & Barry Pepper and was one of the lamest least exciting sci-fi movies I've ever seen.

It was big budget.....horrible at box office and was a book written by the Creator of Scientology.

prometheus is completely different and is actually going to be a good movie....How can I tell ?

The 2 Trailers for the movie combined, alone = the 10th best sci-fi movie ever made........just the trailers ...lol

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Alex jones is just trying to cash in on what is likely going to be the biggest box office movie of the year. The same way he used charlie sheen to promote his own self interests. I dislike the man more and more to be honest. He has gone from being a bit of a crackpot 'but likeable character' to an attention seeking ego maniac. I doubt he believes half the sensationalist crap he spouts endlessly, so i don't see why any of you should.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Double post..
edit on 1-4-2012 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Well, considering there is no Illuminati, then they by definition don't have any particular religion or beliefs.

Okay, you are now the second person to say this here. Please explain why it is you believe that this group no longer exist? Is there any information you can point me to so that I too can share your belief (or at least understand why you believe this)? Otherwise, I have to assume that you are simply choosing not to believe that they exist anymore. So again, how do you know this as 'fact'?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Illuminati is not really tied to Human Origin.

I think you are thinking of the Annunaki?

Maybe so.

Illuminati were not originally "evil" either.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the illuminati died out hundreds of years ago. if someone claims otherwise, they are about to sell you something or thay are really bored

with jones, it might be both

Sure... just one day they decided to call it quits? Are you serious? If you have anything to help back up your statement please share it with us. But regardless, there are still many, many other occult groups that still exist today so it really doesn't matter if there is still one that goes by the 'name' Illuminati.

But again, if you have any info regarding the Illuminati calling it quits 100 years ago or dying off please let us know! Maybe they broke up and joined other groups? Maybe a different occultic group overthrew or outgrew them? Or maybe they just went deeper underground and out of the 'spotlight' and have managed to convince people that they 'no longer exist anymore'? Man, if the 'Federal Reserve' can convince people for nearly 100 years that they are apart of the 'federal government' (which they are not) do you honestly believe that an occultic group that goes by the name of the 'Illuminati' couldn't attempt to convince people that they no longer existed? It's like the Rockerfeller family trying to hide the fact that they (as well as several other families) are the real people that truly operate and run the United States. But please don't be surprised that they do not do this out in the 'open'.

Again, please feel free to share with us any information you might have! You very well could be right and I am seriously interested in any information that you might provide.

there is just the 100% complete lack of credilble evidence thay are still a formal and legitimate organization which can trace an unbroken line back to the original group.

I'm sure there are wanna be's who call themselves illuminati and have meetings and get high and surf the web tho

in all the video's I've ever seen, there is this mysterious part of the video where they do the connections from freemasons and knight templars to illuminati to NWO, and they never ever offer credible evidence like photo's or testimony or quotes with footnotes to an original source, just symbols or ideas or really just nothing al all

they are just making stuff up

and every time you visit the site, you are counted, and sold to advertisers

now that is real

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr

Maybe so.

I know they were not originally evil... weren't they originally all 'Scientist' who formed their own Secret Society which was influenced by the Freemasons secret society? Anyways, maybe the 'ideas' and beliefs of the Illuminati are still shared with the 'current' occultist groups that still exist today? I think it is too easy to get hung up on the name 'Illuminati' which then turns into a 'straw man' debate. So maybe the appropriate question is, do the current 'occultist groups' that are still around today actually believe in 'Ancient Astronaut Theory'?

If they do, I think that it would be pretty fascinating to know that these type of beliefs is still shared amongst the elite still to this day.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

So maybe the appropriate question is, do the current 'occultist groups' that are still around today actually believe in 'Ancient Astronaut Theory'?

As 'occult' only means 'hidden' maybe you can be a bit more specific and give us the names of the groups in which you are interested.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

So maybe the appropriate question is, do the current 'occultist groups' that are still around today actually believe in 'Ancient Astronaut Theory'?

As 'occult' only means 'hidden' maybe you can be a bit more specific and give us the names of the groups in which you are interested.

Well, I guess the answer is that I am interested in ANY of the groups today that are 'known' to believe in 'Ancient Astronaut Theory'. Is there anyone here on ATS that knows of which groups that are still around today that still believe in this theory?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hero_25

Could possibly be Nephilim.
2nd.................

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Maybe so.

I know they were not originally evil... weren't they originally all 'Scientist' who formed their own Secret Society which was influenced by the Freemasons secret society? Anyways, maybe the 'ideas' and beliefs of the Illuminati are still shared with the 'current' occultist groups that still exist today? I think it is too easy to get hung up on the name 'Illuminati' which then turns into a 'straw man' debate. So maybe the appropriate question is, do the current 'occultist groups' that are still around today actually believe in 'Ancient Astronaut Theory'?

If they do, I think that it would be pretty fascinating to know that these type of beliefs is still shared amongst the elite still to this day.

Actually, the Illuminati dates back to Ancient Rome. They began as a group of spiritualist who had different ideas than the Imperial Church. The ideas were actually truth passed down from the previous civilization and The Church knew this and distorted the truth for control and power over the people. So a secret society was formed to practice truth without regards of the Imperial Church, thus, "The Enlightened Ones" were created. The Illuminati was infiltrated by the Imperial Church and soon original members disbanded or may have been killed. Anyways, The Illuminati today is the result of that infiltration. That's why they are seen as evil.

I believe the information shared between the elitist is the knowledge of the Sages. Information that can't be found on the internet. The "Forbidden Knowledge" to control mankind. The original intent of this knowledge was meant for peace. However, it was all written in code. Therefore, individuals would have to be chimed in on the codes or if one

Call me crazy, mad, and delusional.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Actually, the Illuminati dates back to Ancient Rome.
Sorry, thanks for playing. The Illuminati was established on May 1st 1776 and was dissolved in or around 1785, less than 10 years later.

End of story.

Call me crazy, mad, and delusional.
Hi, crazy, mad & delusional. I'm Josha Norton, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico. Nice to meet you.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Okay, you are now the second person to say this here. Please explain why it is you believe that this group no longer exist? Is there any information you can point me to so that I too can share your belief (or at least understand why you believe this)?
The burden of proof is one someone who says that there DOES exist a group with an unbroken lineage to Adam Weishaupt's Bavarian Illuminati of the 1770s. See, logically you can't prove a negative…

But here's the thing, nobody CAN prove such an unbroken lineage. And without evidence of proof, there's no reason to make unsubstantiated claims.

I'm not saying there aren't cabals of people with money in positions of power who are pulling the strings behind the scenes. What I AM saying is that they have absolutely nothing to do with the Illuminati—that such a label is both misinformed and prejudicial against the historical Illuminati, who were enlightenment era thinkers who were standing up against the tyranny and oppression of monarchy in 18th century europe.

As to why people continue to make the mistake, I point to John Robison, Nesta Webster and Edith Starr Miller as the primary authors whose works have been taken at face value, even when history has proven them wrong.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
The burden of proof is one someone who says that there DOES exist a group with an unbroken lineage to Adam Weishaupt's Bavarian Illuminati of the 1770s. See, logically you can't prove a negative…

But here's the thing, nobody CAN prove such an unbroken lineage. And without evidence of proof, there's no reason to make unsubstantiated claims.

I'm not saying there aren't cabals of people with money in positions of power who are pulling the strings behind the scenes. What I AM saying is that they have absolutely nothing to do with the Illuminati—that such a label is both misinformed and prejudicial against the historical Illuminati, who were enlightenment era thinkers who were standing up against the tyranny and oppression of monarchy in 18th century europe.

As to why people continue to make the mistake, I point to John Robison, Nesta Webster and Edith Starr Miller as the primary authors whose works have been taken at face value, even when history has proven them wrong.

I can definitely see your argument here. I guess there is no way to know for sure... but in the end, 'Illuminati' is just a name. There are still many other different Occult groups and whether or not they call themselves 'Illuminati' or something different doesn't really matter. I guess I am mostly interested in knowing if 'at least' any of the current Occultist groups that we know for sure are still around today also have a strong belief in 'Ancient Astronaut Theory'? If they do, then I guess the bigger question is 'Why is it that almost ALL of the elite groups of people throughout history seem to believe in this theory?'

I myself can't say that I honestly believe 'Ancient Astronaut Theory' to be true (who really knows where we came from?), though I do seem to have a more open mind then most. I'm just interested in trying to understand 'why' the elite always seem to share this type of belief. It's pretty fascinating to say the least.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join