It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please stop posting about the most sick crimes you can find

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm not sure I buy that.

The poster you made that comment about simply made the point that he didn't support the strike because other hard working Britons would be affected. It was a simple statement disagreeing with the topic. If seemed fair to me, and I agreed. However ripping this man apart from his family to subject him to the torture, humiliation and degradation of a concentration camp simply to "teach him a lesson"? A bit much, don't you think? Is this what you would suggest for someone who politely disagrees with you? If so, I'd hate to see what you have in store for someone with diametrically opposed ideals from yours.

I hope you were speaking rashly, and assume to at least some extent you were. If not, I fear the world where people like you rule much more than what we currently have. At least here in Canada I can express my opinion without fear of being thrown into some detention camp.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Thank you for the correction AuronVector. While the facts you provided strengthen my argument I should have done a bit more research before posting. As far as the simple arithmetic mistake I had been up waaay too long when I posted that. You know how you just have to finish that last post?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
reply to post by petrus4

A bit much, don't you think? Is this what you would suggest for someone who politely disagrees with you? If so, I'd hate to see what you have in store for someone with diametrically opposed ideals from yours.

Ok. Speaking calmly, and rationally...hopefully. I want to try and give you as much detail as I can, here; so that hopefully you will understand what I am saying.

This thread was originally made as an objection to a particular kind of material that appeared on this site; or more specifically, a particular kind of mentality that I feel exists behind the posting of said material itself, which I feel basically consists of a desire for negativity, and conversely, a lack of desire to see things really change.

That, in itself, however, is not what primarily emotionally affects me, although it would be bad enough.

The real problem is when you get stories like these being constantly put up here (like the police brutality reports, as the main example) and then nearly always, there is someone who immediately adopts the position of the police. You often even have several people doing that. It causes me to wonder, how many times such things are going to need to occur, and how bad it is going to need to get, in general, before people will cease trying to rationalise that type of thing.

Before you immediately assume it, I am also not saying that I want a lynch mob mentality where police are immediately assumed guilty, either. I just also don't want them immediately assumed innocent. Sometimes they are innocent, but often they are not.

Now; to the concentration camp issue.

No, I do not want anyone tortured, murdered, or humiliated, in and of itself, at all. I would be a complete psychopath if I did.

What I do want, however, is certain people not only to acknowledge the reality of what is going on, but to actually also want to start to change it. I'm really not seeing that a lot on this forum at all. The concentration camp statement is extreme, yes. The point, however, is a realisation that, as shocking as it is, some people are very possibly still going to continue to make excuses and false rationalisations, and engage in denial, right up to that very point.

So as horrible as it is, maybe they actually need an experience which is that extreme, in order to finally break through said rationalisation, and cause them to accept what it is in front of them. I think there are some people who are going to insist on believing that governments still have their best interests at heart, right up until that point. When I'm more rational than I admittedly was when I made that statement, I can recognise that the reason why people make positive assumptions about their political leaders, it is often because they themselves are people with positive intentions, and as such, they have difficulty comprehending that psychopaths could actually exist.

The irony here, is that someone accused me, earlier in this thread, of being in denial about what is going on in the world. I think if that was true, I'd be a lot happier than I am.

The bottom line is that what people are posting on either side, is not the central issue here, that I am primarily frustrated with. What I am primarily frustrated with is what I see as an extremely negative status quo. These things continuing to happen, continuing to be posted, and people continuing to both accept them, and in some cases justify and make excuses for them, rather than actually wanting to change them. I want things to get better, and they're not. That in itself I could maybe tolerate. What I really have trouble with, is when other people's intentions and desires seem to actually go in the opposite direction.

Another thing; you've called me a sick and potentially dangerous person. You're absolutely right. I am. I've kept myself away from other people, for most of my life, for that exact reason. Someone else posted a message on my profile referring to me as sensitive and good. That person does not know me.

I know what I am, and I am not going to try and deny it or make excuses for it. I know I'm a product of this society, as much as anyone else. I'm narcissistic, a misogynist to a large extent, and full of the usual cultural Marxist BS which means that for the most part I don't want to do anything for anyone else, because I might have to deal with their condemnation of me, for not thinking the same way they do, or because it might interrupt my own egocentric routine.

I know what we as a species are. I just wish I was at least seeing more desire for us to improve, even if we still weren't able to succeed. Most of us don't even seem to want it, any more. We've given up.
edit on 2-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You told him he "deserved death" those were your exact words! Nowhere in your post did you mention that you were quoting the movie V For Vendetta! You never said they deserve the humiliation of simply being in a concentration camp. You said he deserved to die. You are a hypoctrite and you are a violent person. And it makes sense. You think people wanting to know about these things are sick and twisted, but that is because you are that way and you feel guilty about your "problem thoughts" and so you take it out on the regular folks. Its like hearing about a politician who spends his career making stricter laws and stiffer sentences for pedophiles only to find out that he himself is diddling kids.(and no i am not calling you a pedophile) But you are a wacko of the highest order. But much worse than even that, you are a liar and a hypocrite. But even wose than THAT when you finally get called out instead of coming clean you try to weasel your way out by claiming you were referencing a movie scene. And that makes you a coward, which means everyones initial opinion of you was spot on. You said he deserved death for simply having a view that you disagreed with. You are far worse of a person than anyone you critisized on this thread.
This should be a lesson to all yet they never learn.- Do not try to bull$#t ATS members you always will get called out!

Welcome To Above Top Secret
Research, it's what we do.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I posted this before I saw your last post. I at least give you credit for admitting what you are that does take balls. You know if you werent so quick to attack you may find there are a lot of people on here who are willing to accept one another even with our flaws. I happen to be one who accepts and who is flawed.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonathanNicholas
reply to post by petrus4

You told him he "deserved death" those were your exact words!

I did. I deserve to get called out for that. It was the wrong thing to do.

I can say, now, and honestly mean it, that what I meant at the time was that that individual did not deserve death, but that I feel that that specific type of attitude does. That is what I meant at the time, and even if that makes me no better, I will stand by it. I am tired of rationalisation of abusive behaviour by the authorities, and people who immediately take the government's position against those who are trying to stand up for themselves; and yes, to a degree, I'm even inclined to feel, somewhat, that a person is either on one side or the other. We're getting close to that point, now.

Nevertheless, I didn't state that in the post, did I? He didn't know that. So I have to wear the consequences of how he and other people felt as a result of what I did say; not what I meant, but which they didn't hear, because in my own anger and desire to judge someone, I didn't express myself as I should have.
edit on 2-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join