It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET deception -- WHY?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I have one major issue with the "there aren't any aliens" hypothesis, both from personal experience and the massive amount of photos and video that seem to depict non-terrestrial craft. I, along with my parents, saw a white, cigar shaped object at a VERY low altitude. It was just above the treeline, and passed by in front of our car going no more than 30 mph. If this, and all other unexplained sightings are human craft, why would the military parade their most cutting edge technology/weapons through highly populated areas?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tajlakz
...why would the military parade their most cutting edge technology/weapons through highly populated areas?

That's easy: Impunity. Because they can and nobody is going to question them. And if they are questioned, what do they do? DENY.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tajlakz... why would the military parade their most cutting edge technology/weapons through highly populated areas?

Obvious. They've got a big contingent of people who have bit on the concept. Like, I would suppose, you.

You see this thing and think "OMG, it's aliens". Their job is already done. It's the greatest success in cover stories EVAR.

Because they've conditioned you to jump to that conclusion, and at the same time, they've conditioned the same people to think you're nuts for thinking it. Even though they themselves would jump to the same conclusion.

So automatically, pretty much anyone who sees one in flight, bammo, self-elimination as a valid witness.

See one on the ground with Navy some sort of military personnel around it, and welcome to the flashy thing equivalent.
Oh, I have missing time and I remember greys.

Did you read that link? It's sort of long but I thought it was a GREAT story.

Edit to add: some of his technical stuff up front isn't correct, and some is out of date
edit on 4-4-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
So you think a race of beings capable of interstellar travel are entered in verbal contracts with the military to remain hidden from us common folk?

Think about it. There are no aliens.

there are no aliens?

i hope that once your registration date with ATS is years old your posts will be different on this subject

respect

ON TOPIC :

I can imagine a planetary invasion taking years to be achieved...for example imagine all the billions of viruses the alien race must overcome in order to get out of the ship

edit on 4-4-2012 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Oh, I'm willing to consider that these craft might be of human origin. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the supposed motives for such an operation. What I'm having trouble understanding: while there are thousands of sq. miles of completely uninhabited areas over which to test these "anti-inertial" joint Navy/AF craft with no one being any the wiser as to their existence, they decide to fly them over populated areas so that people will think we're being visited by ET? If they have the ability to develop advanced propulsion craft in complete secrecy and seclusion, why would they spend what I'm assuming must be an enormous amount of time and money on a UFO puppet show for the general public?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Tajlakz... why would the military parade their most cutting edge technology/weapons through highly populated areas?

Obvious. They've got a big contingent of people who have bit on the concept. Like, I would suppose, you.

You see this thing and think "OMG, it's aliens". Their job is already done. It's the greatest success in cover stories EVAR.

Because they've conditioned you to jump to that conclusion, and at the same time, they've conditioned the same people to think you're nuts for thinking it. Even though they themselves would jump to the same conclusion.

So automatically, pretty much anyone who sees one in flight, bammo, self-elimination as a valid witness.

See one on the ground with Navy some sort of military personnel around it, and welcome to the flashy thing equivalent.
Oh, I have missing time and I remember greys.

Did you read that link? It's sort of long but I thought it was a GREAT story.

Edit to add: some of his technical stuff up front isn't correct, and some is out of date
edit on 4-4-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

We aren't talking about presumed alien craft, this is about ET's messages to abductees/contactees. There's not much mistaking the presence of an ET unless you're going to try to convince us that the military has a large wardrobe full of pretend-ET costumes which it is using to trick the public in order to create a myth. Personally, I've witnessed many UFOs and never immediately thought "it's aliens!" My first thoughts and efforts were to try to explain it in terms of something "reasonable". When all those efforts failed, only then did I conclude that I witnessed, perhaps, an ET craft.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If you are not in contact with ET how would you know ET's stance on anything.

Also the term ET would imply only a uniform being with uniform emotions, it doesn't allow for the possible and probable likeliness of the existence of countless billions of other intelligent extraterrestrial beings. Science estimates that there are 100 billion planets in this galaxy alone which would imply there would be more than one generic ET with more than one generic purpose / emotion / intention.

To have real opinions on something, it is important to be aware of vast generalisations based on assumptions.

ET - which particular extraterrestrial being / beings from where? How would you know if they were EXTRA terrestrial or were forced into hiding from humans for thousands of years, for example, and were already on earth before humanity? The term ET requires clarification here.

Deception - clarification is required on this term used here, have you never decieved for your own good, for example, if for your own safety. How would you know if this very presumptive term is even relevant to any ET?
Would you really presume that intelligent beings with advanced technology and power would think like humanity does? It is all far too presumptious on so many levels for such announcements.

edit on 4-4-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

ET - which particular extraterrestrial being / beings from where? How would you know if they were EXTRA terrestrial or were forced into hiding from humans for thousands of years, for example, and were already on earth before humanity? The term ET requires clarification here.

No one knows who/what these "ETs" are because these beings refuse to let us know. Until they do, I don't really think calling them "ET", "alien", or whatever is a problem. When "they" make themselves know, we can begin to be more specific, knowing that one, two or even twenty different races doesn't encompass the entirety of alien races. Then, we might find out they, or more accurately some of them, aren't really "ET" but maybe interdimensional or who-knows-what.

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
Deception - clarification is required on this term used here, have you never decieved for your own good, for example, if for your own safety. How would you know if this very presumptive term is even relevant to any ET?
Would you really presume that intelligent beings with advanced technology and power would think like humanity does? It is all far too presumptious on so many levels for such announcements.

If you read the original post, I mentioned (maybe a few posts down) that we sometimes lie to children, for example, for their own good. I know this is a possibility and stated that deception doesn't necessarily mean bad or evil. However, I don't think deception is relative. If they tell a contactee that they will appear over major cities in a very public and open display, and then they don't, I would conclude that they've lied purposely, i.e. deceived us.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
if this is about a specific ''deception'' you are personally aware of then address it as such instead of generalisations, give details.

''ET'' and ''deception'' is too general and presumptious.

Also, wouldn't you consider that the nature of abductions / contactees could render any ''information'' given, a bit on the hazy side to be so sure about being told of a major public revelation? Presuming this is an abduction / contactee experience.

Also consider that this revelation in public could have happened but in a way that wasn't as you expected, or never heard of? I know of so many things happening that are major but downplayed as nothing then completely denied and / or hidden with any witnesses instantly silenced.

edit on 5-4-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have a question to the skeptics and debunkers, particularly those who say that our airborne friends are nothing more than secret govt. test projects. Now, I believe that's a valid theory, particularly due to the post of an earlier member, who basically said it's a double cover-up of sorts: They condition the sheeple to see weird things in the sky as "aliens", and then condition the other half of the sheeple to think we're nuts for saying so. Here's the plot hole, if you will, however: The credible witnesses, such as pilots and military personnel, report seeing these things too. Now, not only should they at least have an idea of what's in the sky, not obviously a notion of what it is, but at least having an ATC say "Craft in the sky, 5 klicks east at angels 20, stay clear," or something, but nothing of that sort has popped up. And then secondly, if -any- military in the world has omnipresence with its air force, why isn't said military -using- that capability? Back in the 40s and 50s, saucer tech was actually researched as a potential future direction for manned flight. We know the technology now as lifting bodies--the aerodynamics of which were incorporated into the Space Shuttle. But the problem is, even though the direct saucer program was abandoned, the sightings continue to increase. Further, after development of the Skunk Works program, it was decided that, at least in terms of the Air Force, technology would be driven to making aircraft stealthier, not more UFO-like. Thus, we have the F-117, the SR-71, the U2, the B-2, the F-22, the YF-23, and the proposed F-35. The Chinese stole our F-22 and have the Chengdu J-10 fighter. So, my question is, if there are craft being sighted that can outperform any of these modern day airfighters, and these craft are nothing more than government experiments, why aren't these craft immediately in widespread use?
edit on 5-4-2012 by MoreThanTheSum because: Fleshing out my arguments.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join