It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

ET deception -- WHY?

page: 3
14
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun
 

reply to post by Aliensun
 

I starred your post, friend, very astute. If I may quote, and comment?

The presenting of religions to humans was easy to do as the human mind needs an answer to its eternal questions of "Why?" A religion, no matter how impractical and flawed has fertile ground from that single point by which to sprout. The proof is that a quest for religion—better stated as something to believe in-- is virtually universal and automatic in some form or another to every inquiring mind.

I agree. I have often put myself in the position of the ET, questing on how to control the humans, and how to keep the population thin enough to survive on the available resources. How easy would it be right now for any one of us, to go back in Time to Biblical Days, and get out your Bic lighter, or Cell Phone....you would be a God in short order.

When the UFOs land, we will be expected to have matured sufficiently that all of Earth will not fall down on its knees in a new religious frenzy to worship the UFO folk as pure God. This is to say while it is a given that humans eventually must and will embrace the ETs, we can do so holding our heads held high in appreciation of what has been done for us and continue, intelligently, on with their help.

Expected to. From what I have seen of the people of Earth, being mature enough to greet a superior race of beings a million years ahead in evolution is a stretch, to say the least. I think that when they Do come, some will fall on their knees in worship, some will shoot at them, some will run away, some will kill themselves, some will great them with open arms. Not as Saviors, but as Family.

edit on 4/1/12 by autowrench because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is a question that has always befuddled me. Why must religion be a massive hoax? Why must it be EITHER Jesus OR Aliens? Not both? Just my personal theory: There is a being that exists in what we know as "reality", which encompasses the Universe, or Universes, whichever current physics theory you adhere to. This being, however, is much more powerful than anything we could ever hope to comprehend; this being has the ability to be both omnipotent and omnipresent. This being, being outside of Time and Space itself, may be considered to have created both, so that it was not alone in reality. Throughout the passage of history, this being created galaxies, stars, worlds, in which other, lesser beings could inhabit. However, as all beings are wont to do, the lesser beings strove for independence, and, through their curiosity, became sinful. Either through war, conscribing to forbidden things, or other means, they fell short of the eternal glory that the Great Being had originally prescribed for them. However, all was not lost. Through various means, this greatest being sent its word to the peoples of the Universe, and by such we are instructed on how to regain final glory.

Yes, it's an allegory, but the Biblical creation story is an allegory--and, when taken properly as an allegory, mirrors the Big Bang theory of Universal creation quite well. I know I'm taking things from the Christian perspective, but it's only because I don't know enough about other faiths to properly interweave their creation and salvation stories. But it's a theme that's common to most, if not all religions, and that makes me think there has to be -some- truth to it--only the truth is much grander and more beautiful than we could ever imagine. My question I pose to you: If there are aliens, but no heaven/paradise/nirvana or any form of afterlife, why are there so many stories, some from otherwise credible sources, who talk about OBEs and describe, in detail, glowing cities, gilt with gold, angelic beings guiding them through, etc. etc. I admit, I could be drawing connections were there are none, and it's true that the human mind is an insanely complex place that we are only beginning to scratch the surface of, but given the body of evidence I subscribe to, this is my belief, and it's the most sensical out of any.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB
 


Was listening to this radio show the other night. They was talking about ET's. Saying 40,000 americans disappear every year without a trace, they just vanish. Of how they find people mutilated and finding the bodies just like they find the horses and cattle with their eyes and anus cored out. They got into all kind of crazy crap of how they can mind control us and how researchers believe they are NOT friendly.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

Originally posted by justwokeup
Or the contactees your talking of could simply be delusional people.

The idea that aliens would choose flaky nobodies to be the conduit of messages to humanity is preposterous. For the failed predictions of these people to be used as evidence of Alien perfidy is so absurd I don't have words for it.

By talking about these people you are sticking a dagger in the eye of the UFO topic. Is it any wonder serious people run a mile from it?


The people I mentioned are probably just very trusting. If you somehow heard from an alien intelligence and your personality was such that it would cause you to easily trust them, you'd believe what they told you. I don't believe these people are "flaky" necessarily -- they've simply relayed to us what they've been told. There's no reason to insult them. Remember, we have billions of people believing in various gods who have also made failed promises.

Besides, why are you so afraid to talk about this?


Its not fear, its frustration. As long as there are 'Blossom Goodchilds' and all that ilk being given credence on UFO sites the topic will remain toxic.

As long as it remains toxic there will be no serious investigation of the issue by mainstream science and whatever truth there is will remain undetermined.

I think a lot of people use the topic for 'UFO Lore Online Role Play'. I think its unhelpful.

If my post was excessively grumpy I apologise.



Thanks, apology accepted. As for Blossom Goodchild and similar folk, I'm not giving her credence so much as I acknowledge that she probably did hear from an alien intelligence. My point in bringing her up is that I think she was deceived and passed on that deception to the rest of us. However, I must admit I have little use for channeling and realize that sometimes "channeled" messages are simply the work of the channeler themselves. I agree that such incidents are toxic and serve to discredit legitimate research, but I'd like to be able to "out" those like Goodchild who fail. By doing so, we're effectively admitting that there are some who aren't trustworthy (even ETs) and that we try to filter out the BS. I think that's the best way to build credibility.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoreThanTheSum
This is a question that has always befuddled me. Why must religion be a massive hoax? Why must it be EITHER Jesus OR Aliens? Not both? Just my personal theory: There is a being that exists in what we know as "reality", which encompasses the Universe, or Universes, whichever current physics theory you adhere to. This being, however, is much more powerful than anything we could ever hope to comprehend; this being has the ability to be both omnipotent and omnipresent. This being, being outside of Time and Space itself, may be considered to have created both, so that it was not alone in reality. Throughout the passage of history, this being created galaxies, stars, worlds, in which other, lesser beings could inhabit. However, as all beings are wont to do, the lesser beings strove for independence, and, through their curiosity, became sinful. Either through war, conscribing to forbidden things, or other means, they fell short of the eternal glory that the Great Being had originally prescribed for them. However, all was not lost. Through various means, this greatest being sent its word to the peoples of the Universe, and by such we are instructed on how to regain final glory.

Yes, it's an allegory, but the Biblical creation story is an allegory--and, when taken properly as an allegory, mirrors the Big Bang theory of Universal creation quite well. I know I'm taking things from the Christian perspective, but it's only because I don't know enough about other faiths to properly interweave their creation and salvation stories. But it's a theme that's common to most, if not all religions, and that makes me think there has to be -some- truth to it--only the truth is much grander and more beautiful than we could ever imagine. My question I pose to you: If there are aliens, but no heaven/paradise/nirvana or any form of afterlife, why are there so many stories, some from otherwise credible sources, who talk about OBEs and describe, in detail, glowing cities, gilt with gold, angelic beings guiding them through, etc. etc. I admit, I could be drawing connections were there are none, and it's true that the human mind is an insanely complex place that we are only beginning to scratch the surface of, but given the body of evidence I subscribe to, this is my belief, and it's the most sensical out of any.


My belief is that the being you talk about, the omnipotent one, is each of us. That's my belief. If a single entity such as a "god" can be self-existent, creative, etc., my thought is "we can do that. In fact , we are that being."

As for an afterlife, I have always, and still do, believe in an eternal afterlife. I just do not believe in a god.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
When you pull up Google Maps and go to satellite, you get a grasp on the world in detail, and one of the first things you notice, is how big the world is, how much land there is to cover, and how small we are in comparison.

Yeah we've got our technology, and generation after generation has boosted us to this world that we have now, but I'm with the OP with regards to other forces being present that we are not aware of. It's ignorant to flat out say that they aren't there, being so small, on such a vast world, in such a vastness of space.

I don't know, but I feel that in my opinion that there most likely was, or has been forces visiting us, and I would never throw out the idea that they could be all around us all the time. Our perception of our consciousness is expanding as the world is progressing, and as spreading thought is becoming easier with technology. I often wonder, with all the apparent upticks in UFO sightings, if it's even possible to be so deceptive, and avoid even ending up on a good youtube video. Clearly if there is a lifeform visiting us, then they've figured out much of the universe that we are still blind to, and if they are present, nothing is impossible, and their ability to fool us and disguise themselves should be a given.



posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
My belief is that the being you talk about, the omnipotent one, is each of us. That's my belief. If a single entity such as a "god" can be self-existent, creative, etc., my thought is "we can do that. In fact , we are that being."

As for an afterlife, I have always, and still do, believe in an eternal afterlife. I just do not believe in a god.

With all due respect, I've never bought into that whole "we are our own gods" belief. There's far too much evil in the world to pass that argument off with a straight face.

Not to mention, if we were gods, we wouldn't have "forgotten" that little detail and we wouldn't be living in such a cess pool of deranged people because we would fulfill our godly duties. But as you can see we are anything but godly in every facet of our creation. The human body is a miracle of nature, yes -- our brains alone are something to behold -- but that doesn't necessarily make us "god-like."

It's my belief this planet, plane, realm, dimension, what have you, is for learning and experiencing. Just like little kids that go through school and eventually graduate, so must we eventually graduate. You don't get a pass to the head of class, and certainly to say we are "gods" implies that sort of right.

You don't have to call it God; you can believe in a cricket for all it matters, but there is something more out there than we can imagine. And if you believe in an afterlife I'd be curious to know how did it come into existence if there was nothing "greater" to create it?
edit on 1-4-2012 by LeaderofLostSouls because: spelling mistake



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

Originally posted by DaTroof
So you think a race of beings capable of interstellar travel are entered in verbal contracts with the military to remain hidden from us common folk?

Think about it. There are no aliens.


You didn't read the post. If you had, you'd have seen that I never talked about military "contracts" or anything close. You proudly proclaim "there are no aliens." Thanks for the highly intelligent, well-thought-out, response.


Well, your assumptions are downright silly. Where do you get this stuff? How come you are privileged to know what no one else knows? You don't really know that ETs exist and are here. You're assuming that because people see UFOs that they are from somewhere in the universe and the UFO occupants, if any, have to be ETs. That's all you really know. The rest is balderdash.

I think the ETs are deceiving YOU!



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB
 



ET deception – WHY?


Why? Ask Why?

The answer will always be the same, why has anybody or anything ever done anything?

Because they can.

But mostly because they just don't care all that much. Everybody is being themselves, only we deceive ourselves about everybody else. Dark..Light, Good...Bad, Up...Down, In...Out, Positive...Negative, this is just a way that this duality existence propels itself forward, the motion of its cogs, the friction of duality crates energy and propels itself forward. Not unlike the gears in a car which crank against each-other.

There must be deception or how else would we move forward....The mind frees you...The mind traps you, and so it move beyond its old traps into a new freedom. Etc Etc.

To understand what would an alien do in this situation, is to understand clearly what would you or anybody else would do in such a situation. If you were light years ahead or even hundreds of thousands of years more advanced and you beamed onto a planet and there are these primitive creatures running around it.

What would you do? Start walking up to them at random and talking to them...Or start taking some here and there at random and dissecting and studying them.

The only difference is some do it in more harmonizing ways. And others basically drop down, mind fog the whole area for miles around grab a few specimens and start cutting things and messing with the eco system.

Which do you think human would do if they could? Wanna take a guess bro? Will they remain within harmonization or would they just grab a bunch of the local wildlife primitive monkeys put them in cages then open them up and see what makes them tick.
Everybody breaks rules, but in this zoo you play nice or you wont play at all. And some do push the rules, and some do break them.


Do you feed the animals when you go on a safari bro? Or the wild animals that come to your door at night and dig trough the garbage? You know that is just another way to create dependency, and when you feed the stray dogs, they will always come to the place were you did that expecting it, you do that enough times and through out generations and you make them depended on an outside force good will.

And good will is a pathetic thing to depend on no matter who, or what you are. Prime directive I would say.

Deception
Would you even understand it if some alien walked up to you and said hey in whatever way it uses to communicative... Or better yet do you go to the jungle, walk up the the pack of wolfs and say hey hows it going wolfs....
See totally illogical. There are no deceptions there is only understandings, misunderstandings, and in this case it would be not being able to comprehend certain things at all.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
snip
Or better yet do you go to the jungle, walk up the the pack of wolfs and say hey hows it going wolfs


Sorry, old boy, but wolves are not found in the jungle. Their habitat is in many places throughout the Northern Hemisphere.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB
 


why is it only possible for there to be only one type of alien? can there not be good or bad or neutral? the universe is vast. there is prob thousands of different civilizations watching us. and thats why u get variety of stories.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB
 





These were events that was to have happened in a huge show and conveyed to these individuals by ETs. Of course, neither happened. Fulham died and Goodchild seemed genuinely perplexed. These people were lied to by ET.


No. These people cooked up a 'contact' story that never actually occurred. Why blame ETs?



This transformation of Earth (allegedly a living being, at least that’s what ETs want us to believe) to a 5D reality will never occur.


The 5D reality..as told by the ETs? It was never supposed to happen anyway


But the point is there is a phenomenon that is ancient. We don't know the nature of these beings and their reality. So these interpretations themselves don't offer conclusive proof. Its utterly false and too early to state a reason behind it and simply call it 'deception'.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Good thread but i am going to keep this short.

Saying ET's are here to deceive is like saying all humans are evil, or that all dogs are baby killers.

Its just not even comprehensible to presume that any other life out there that my be hanging around is going to be against our own interests.

Some yes, all? Not a chance!



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
double post sorry
edit on 2-4-2012 by MrH191 because: erm.. double post



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrH191

Saying ET's are here to deceive is like saying all humans are evil, or that all dogs are baby killers.

Its just not even comprehensible to presume that any other life out there that my be hanging around is going to be against our own interests.

Some yes, all? Not a chance!


I agree, if some ET's were malevolent we would probably already know about it on a large scale.
Unless of course the "bad" ET's were only very subtly interacting with us or our energy.
They might be masters at that, who knows?

If they are malevolent and capable, why haven't they shown themselves? Or taken over?
Our mass panic wouldn't necessarily benefit them, if they are farming us or our planet in some way.

To me, if there are bad et's/aliens, then it's highly likely there are benevolent ones as well, and vice verse.

In my mind the odds of a super advanced friendly alien species seems as logical as there being a super advanced evil alien species. Jerk ET's may have been dealt with already by some sort of galactic police force.
How would a violent species last long enough even to find life on other planets?
I wont go as far as to say that a violent ET species CANT exist long enough to create interstellar travel, just reduces the odds, in my mind.

It's fun watching humanity as a litmus test for what's possible.

Consider too there could also be cosmic rules for interaction between intelligent lifeforms.
Fun to postulate.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Mellok because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB
 


LOL! I think it's a sign of just how lying, deceitful and petty the human race is that we automatically assume aliens must be too
Personally I believe that any ET life capable of traveling to our planet must by it's very nature by highly evolved and extremely intelligent. They would have to be thousands or tens of thousands of years ahead of us on the evolutionary scale. By necessity they must have evolved past warring with each other to have made it that far. We've almost destroyed ourselves already, and we've only had nukes for a few decades. Our weapons technology is quickly evolving to the point where we will have to either make peace with each other or we will destroy each other. My point is that a highly evolved space-faring race is already well beyond that milestone that we have yet to face, because if they weren't then they would have destroyed themselves before creating interstellar travel. In short we need to quit ascribing our own appearance, beliefs and prejudices to aliens. They're not going to look like us, act like us or want to kill us. It is more likely that they will be beyond our imaginations in both appearance and abilities.



posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies
 


because of my lack of patience with people.
I get agitated rarely... and when i do.. i let it out. it's just frustration is all..

i don't think he should take it personally and have his feelings hurt...

i just think that the current perception about the ET factor is so ridiculously skewed in a paranoid "good guy badguy" modality that i'm just about to give up being part of it at all.. been researching since 86..
read everything under the sun... dug deeeep.. it's like most researchers today are kids with this immature christian fallen agels twist on it all.. which is retarded to me.

edit on 4/2/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Both different types of aliens and humans are different ways of consciousness (god) experiencing the universe. Our bodies are just avatars for our little bit of consciousness to learn and experience the universe, This allows the god consciousness to learn and while as a grain of sand does not make a beach as a single grain of sand together with all the grains of sand and all the other things that make up a beach the beach is made by combining everything that makes up the beach thus god being a combination of all conscious beings in all their different forms. Most third dimensional planets (like earth) are probably under prime directives (non interference and non interaction ) This means that the goods guys will adhere to these rules except in certain circumstances that probably have being agreed to before we where born into this reality and the bad guys will not. It seems from studying abductions that abductions by the benevalent aliens are people that have incarnated in the society or as a type of alien being that is abducting them. Aliens groups such as some of the greys and some of the reptilian races seem to abduct people on different criteria and are considered to be the bad guys. Overt violence in a physicle sense is definitely a no no as resources including genetic resources in the universe are very valuable. The weapons that they have would also be massively destructive. In a highly developed society (remembering that a lot of these alien races are highly telepathic so all intentions and thoughts are known both between each other and other races) covert and subtle means would nearly always be used and very well hidden.

At the moment it seems that we are being studied and that earth changes are about to occur. Each of our futures are probably being determined to see who makes the grade for fourth dimention and who does not. This may be where the 500 million figure comes in as this may be the population of a forth dimentional world Most of the current population of this world is probably not ready yet and will be shifted to other worlds or sent on time continuem loops (nothing seems to change)

Each of the higher dimentions gets to play and teach lessons those below it



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

Originally posted by DaTroof
So you think a race of beings capable of interstellar travel are entered in verbal contracts with the military to remain hidden from us common folk?

Think about it. There are no aliens.


You didn't read the post. If you had, you'd have seen that I never talked about military "contracts" or anything close. You proudly proclaim "there are no aliens." Thanks for the highly intelligent, well-thought-out, response.


I think you're missing a fifth alternative.

There ARE no aliens. However, something's going on. Someone's being lied to, only it's not aliens doing it.

Let's say you see something. Something in more detail that you might have been supposed to. You're off alone somewhere, and bang - you're down the road, the sun's coming up, what have I been doing the last four hours? MUST BE ALIENS, right?

Maybe you saw something alright. Maybe it was one of ours. And instead of letting you run around blabbing or popping you one with a 9mm, they just erased it and left a cover memory.

UFO buffs are generally quick to invoke cover memories. But what if it's not aliens doing it?

You'll like this. I did, anyway.



posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Visiting ESB
 


Was listening to this radio show the other night. They was talking about ET's. Saying 40,000 americans disappear every year without a trace, they just vanish. Of how they find people mutilated and finding the bodies just like they find the horses and cattle with their eyes and anus cored out. They got into all kind of crazy crap of how they can mind control us and how researchers believe they are NOT friendly.


Yep - did you ever hear about the guys out in the field at Roswell overnight looking for the rest of the ET stuff? The gate guards at Roswell Field?

Cored. Right. Out.

It's one of those stories you don't see in most books.



new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join