It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs. A true story.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I believe in signs. I went through some rough years prior to joining the Air Force as a firefighter back in 1998. Before the Air Force I worked for/with developmentally disabled kids, and one of them became one of my best friends. His name was Michael Wagner. And, when he passed on at age 18 I missed him very very much. Work began to remind me of him every day. I decided it was time for a change, and made a choice to join the Air Force and see some of the world.

The recruiter’s office and MEPS in Chicago said they wanted me to sign on a guaranteed firefighter position. Driving home from Chicago during my 3 hour drive home I was listening to a rock n roll channel that was playing nothing but 70s and 80s music. I turned off the radio for less than a minute and said a little prayer to GOD asking for a little sign, any sign at all. I turned back on the radio and instead of hearing a 70s or 80s song I heard Garth Brook’s song “Standing Outside the Fire”. GOD gave me a sign, or at least I thought so.

After Basic Training I was re-assigned to Goodfellow Air Force Base in Texas for firefighter training at the Fire Academy. While there I saw the video for the song “Standing Outside the Fire” which had a lot to do with my previous profession. So I figured GOD had a sense of humor and thought maybe it wasn’t a sign, I was no longer sure.

After I finished training at Goodfellow Air Force Base I was sent to Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada in January of 1999. As I was walking from the parking lot to the front door I was nervous, really nervous. Again I said a brief prayer to GOD for a good day, and a sign that I was doing the right thing. This was my first time reporting in for work, and I didn’t know what to expect. There was an older civilian sitting out at the smoking table on the patio outside the door. He called me over and I introduced myself and told him a little about me. He was hilarious and really made me feel at home. He introduced himself by his nickname which was “Cleet”. After about a half an hour making a new friend and getting a lot of good advice I was headed in to meet my new boss and as I held the door open Cleet said to me: “My name isn’t Cleet by the way. That’s just my nickname. My name is Michael Wagner, family and friends call me Cleet, though.”

Yes. I believe in signs.

If anyone doesn't believe this is a true story send me a message and I'll let you know my name on facebook, same picture is my avatar, and there is a thread on my wall about this with well over 50 comments from both firefighters I worked with in the military and also coworkers from where I worked with Michael. There are over a dozen people who can validate it is true.

Do any other ATSers care to share their "signs" stories here?

I will share more later. But, I would love to read/hear about your stories, too. Thanks.
edit on 1-4-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

some people probably wouldn't exist if it was not for the United States Military...

thanks man for you service, you guys save lives...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Beautiful.

I was in the Air Force too, and I too have received many signs.

The synchronicity of it all is beautiful.

God bless you, and I U2U'd ya! Amen

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

u2u'd ya back. you got my facebook handle/name. Send me a friends request, couldn't find you in search.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow truly an incredible story, GOD works in very mysterious ways but works for you if you believe and place your faith in Him, your story was very beautiful and has me alert for signs of my own from GOD thank you for sharing and I will share when I can. God bless you

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Thank you very much, and you are most certainly welcome.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

Good stuff...

And I got ya back!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Beautiful! I believe you, entirely. We all have signs, if only we took the time to look and listen for them. Thank you for your service in the military, couldn't begin to imagine what you have to deal with.

I suggest we all say a little prayer about "Am I where I am suppose to be?" But the biggest part is having faith and the courage to change it if we discover it isn't. Kudos to you for following your heart.

new topics

top topics

join