It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future of Entertainment..We can all be stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
These are my thoughts.

A few months ago, I read an artical on Yahoo or Google news, I cant remember which one. Well it was a science artical about how scientists are now able to "pull" images from ones mind.

The subjet would look at a image, then "picture" the said image in his or her head. The "thought" image was then relayed to a monitor. An image was then seen on the screen. Although it wasnt exactly the same, it was very similar.

We can pull images from ones mind.

This technology can only improve.

Which brings me to the future of entertainment.

You and I will be able to make movies in our sleep. We will be able to record our dreams, download them, edit them and make movies that could stand up to the great movie directors of our time.

We will be able to make movie stars out of people that dont even exist.

We could put actors that passed away into new movies that we dream about.

How about John Wayne as Han Solo? A whole new Star Wars Trillogy that does not look like crappy CGI.

Your movies will look sooooo real, because they are. They are organic.

I say in 10 years we will be there.

What are your thoughts?

Yay or Nay?
edit on 1-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I was searching around for that and found this to go with itbigthink.com...
I hope I'm not around for it....Technology is way over my head now

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Wow!

Thats like Geordis eyes on Star Trek.

Speaking of Star Trek.

How about a movie where Star Trek and The Good Bad and The Ugly exist in the same universe.

Shatner VS Eastwood

We can dream it. We can.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Your just scratching the surface .....

Mortality is entertainment for the gods. here, ... now.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Soon we will arrive in a world like Futurama in which businesses can place advertisements in your dreams.

DO NOT WANT

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
In the future, video games will be so advanced that when you play it you will have amnesia of who you were and you will have memories installed of the character you are playing. You will forget you are playing the game.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I think this is the article you speak of:
news.discovery.com...

I think that could be possible(and so cool).It might be easier than we think.The brain waves (which are actually electricity) can be captured by a device and translated into images.I'm almost sure that they already have those devices.(a "friend" told me once that whatever technology we have in our homes,in labs and especially military labs,they have technology 100 years ahead)

Of course before we see them in entertainment,the military and the police will use them as interrogation tools(i think i've seen that in a movie or a tv show,can't remember which one),but this is what happens with all technology before it goes public.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Thats amazing! I love how fast technology is improving. I think it is exciting that one day i could be living in a world similar to the futuristic ones in movies.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Saw your thread interesting ideas and with the ongoing progess of science/technology, I wouldn't put it past them to create something like this.

Also, another possible use for such a device is a "little" on the nefarious side. Say the never ending need for governments to control the people a la 1984 George Orwell, the thought police.

Sorry, more people aren't at least considering the possibilities and reading..

edit on 5-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't even want to remember my dreams, they would never make Hollywood's finest movies list. Maybe they would make the list for worst actor or worst script of something like that.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Then you would like to be me right now, I don't remember most of my dreams now, I remember about 3 of my dreams in the last for the last 10 years. It seems I remember the ones who stick out the most and that's that. What's up with that, do you know?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Hm. You make me wonder: are we playing a game, now, in this Universe? You see, maybe the technology you described already exists and we are now in a illusion... UFOs would be pixel gliches, miracles would be the game's malfunctions...
Logic.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
When I read the title, I was thinking in another direction. I was thinking how with all the digital tech these days, anyone with no talent or ability to entertain can get on stage and be a big star. That 20 minutes of fame that Andy Worhol (spelling?) promised us.

However, to stay on topic, I'd say that most everyone has a good imagination and if that can produce a program by simply plugging in their brain somehow, then certainly anyone can be a "star" in that respect.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Well, yeah.....does this seem like a real world to you? Do things that are happening seem rational? It's a nightmare
Well, not really a nightmare, just a strange dream.

top topics

join