It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ghost ship' off Canada heralds arrival of tsunami debris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Title

SEATTLE (Reuters) - An empty Japanese fishing boat drifting off the coast of western Canada could be the first wave of 1.5 million tons of debris heading toward North America from Japan's tsunami last March.

The wreckage from flattened Japanese coastal towns - including refrigerators, washing machines, televisions, roofs and fishing nets - is heading inexorably east across the Pacific and could arrive sooner than expected, according to the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

Sounds like a lot of downplaying...

It means radiation has circulated as well...

I am looking for more ..

150 nautical miles south of the Queen Charlotte Islands

so its here...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
already posted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-3-2012 by samlf3rd because: link

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
MSNBC

pacific a year floating around....

Hachinohe

listed here as the city and fifty days till port...

Hachinohe

Hachinohe (八戸市 Hachinohe-shi?) is a city located in southeastern Aomori in the Tōhoku region of Japan. As of 2009, the city has an estimated population of 238,421 and a population density of 781 persons per km². Its total area is 305.17 km².

yes... and..

During the American occupation of Japan following World War II, a United States Army base Camp Haugen was located in Hachinohe, and was the home of the Seventh Division. An Armed Forces Radio Service radio station was located on the base; it was known as AFRS Hachinohe. In 1950, after the North Korean invasion of South Korea, troops from Camp Haugen left for Korea. AFRS Hachinohe altered its broadcasts to include coverage of South Korea so Americans could benefit from its news and entertainment programs.

From December 2002, the northern terminus of the Tōhoku Shinkansen has been at Hachinohe Station, connecting it to Tokyo Station in under three hours.

In March 2011, the city was one of those hit by the 2011 Japanese tsunami. The tsunami tossed many huge fishing boats ashore and heavily damaged the port area. About 100 homes were destroyed.[1] Divers from the United States Navy ship Safeguard joined with Japanese workers to help clear the port to facilitate the delivery of relief supplies via the city.[2]

now its gets interesting

Hachinohe is the largest city in eastern Aomori prefecture, and serves as the regional industrial and commercial center. Commercial fishing still plays a major role in the local economy, with Hachinohe port having one of the largest volumes of landed fish in Japan. However, since its designation as a new industrial city in 1964, Hachinohe has developed a large coastal industrial belt with a diverse range of chemical, steel, cement and fertilizer products. Major industrial parks include the Hachinohe High Tech Park and Hachinohe North-Interchange Industrial Complex. Hachinohe Port is a major international port for northern Japan.

so its from a city that was a former military base and became a hightech hub....

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

thank you funny thing is I ran the check with search and not there...

I hope it is the second thread per ATS rules

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm just curious if when that mess(not just the boat) hits the west coast of North America is the Japanese goverment going to pay for the clean up?My guess would be no.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I'm just curious if when that mess(not just the boat) hits the west coast of North America is the Japanese goverment going to pay for the clean up?My guess would be no.

Yes I am wondering too. It will be a big mess, not to mention the radiation. I think it would not be Japan's problem, after all they did not cause the tsunami and they suffered greatly already. Part of being on the planet, sometimes you have to clean up someone else's mess.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This boat belongs to the Japanese Government. They should bring it back and repair it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1lionexPro

US to sink 'ghost ship' adrift off of Alaska

A U.S. Coast Guard cutter vessel was en route to Japanese ship's location Wednesday night and the rusted vessel could be sent to the bottom as early as Thursday.

Read more: www.canada.com...

its going to the bottom

I find it weird that the same government that took five days to get water to the superdome can accomplish this quickly..

international waters with a third country's property

top topics

join