Isaiah 17: When Will Israel Nuke Damascus?: The Clue in Psalm 83

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

www.escapeallthesethings.com...

. . .
Unfulfilled Destruction For Damascus
Given these precedents, prophecy students wonder if an Israeli strike on Iran is not next and will not inevitably lead to a wider Middle East war. Especially in light of a very familiar unfulfilled prophecy concerning Iran's close ally, Syria, who is also a known sponsor of terror against Israel. The prophecy in question is the burden of Damascus in Isaiah 17:

1st supporting Scripture:

Isaiah 17:1 (ESV) — An oracle concerning Damascus. Behold, Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins.

. . .

2nd paragraph selected from:

In this prophesied event, northern and central Israel are named as taking damage and casualties, although comparatively less than Damascus (Damascus loses the kingdom, but Israel only the fortress). War is never completely one-sided. If Israel is prompted to attack Damascus, they will certainly suffer casualties in the process. Going further in the prophecy we can see that, as has usually been the case, Syria will not be acting alone against Israel:
. . .

2nd supporting Scripture:

Psalm 83:1-5, 12 (HCSB) — 1 God, do not keep silent. Do not be deaf, God; do not be idle. 2 See how Your enemies make an uproar; those who hate You have acted arrogantly. 3 They devise clever schemes against Your people; they conspire against Your treasured ones. 4 They say, “COME, let us wipe them out as a nation so that Israel’s name will no longer be remembered.” 5 For they have conspired with one mind; they form an alliance against You 6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, Moab and the Hagrites, 7 Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek, Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre. 8 Even Assyria has joined them; they lend support to the sons of Lot. Selah ...12 who said, “Let us seize God’s pastures for ourselves.”

3rd paragraph selected from:

This describes a massive Arab attack on Israel by a confederacy of nations that has never happened in history (Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq and probably Syria). Like Isaiah 17 it predicts a devastating defeat for Israel's attackers:

3rd supporting Scripture:

Psalm 83:13-17 (HCSB) 13 Make them like tumbleweed, my God, like straw before the wind. 14 As fire burns a forest, as a flame blazes through mountains, 15 so pursue them with Your tempest and terrify them with Your storm. ...17 Let them be put to shame and terrified forever; let them perish in disgrace.

@@@

COMMENTARY:

I think he may well have a point. I've wondered for decades when Damascus would be destroyed per Biblical prophecy. It certainly appears to be on the brink of such . . . and increasingly so.

In his book

GOD'S WAR ON TERROR: ISLAM, PROPHECY AND THE BIBLE

Walid Shoebat includes Iran in the confederacy against Israel in the Ezekiel 38 war. I haven't read enough of the book to know if he ascribes that to the Damascus destroying war. Perhaps so. Maybe theya re the same war. I just am not certain. I know his research is exhaustive and meticulous. Perhaps he will shed more light on it when I have read more of his thick book.

The author of the article above, TIM McHyde also tends to be thorough and also tends to be somewhat askew of most Bible prophecy commentators and interpreters. It will be interesting to see how they compare with each other.

Tim notes that Israel also suffers in the war that destroys Damascus. Though he also seems to agree with Scripture (!DOH!) that Israel's enemies suffer far more.

And he makes the somewhat frightful observation that

ONCE THE DAMASCUS DESTROYING WAR IS OVER

There's nothing left to prevent the start of the Great Tribulation. He may be right. I'm not certain.

Would the 3rd Temple be built before the Great Tribulation? Or at the start--say maybe after the Anti-Christ appears--perhaps AS the Mahdi and pretending to also be Christ returned . . . making the Biblically predicted 7 year treaty with Israel . . . and orchestrating THEN the rebuilding of the 3rd Jewish Temple?

Could be.

Particularly if as some Imam's and Rabbi's with Rome's blessing have been lobbying for a shared Temple complex.

I'm skeptical God would allow it but not entirely dismissive of the idea. Lots of strange things I wouldn't expect are likely during the Great Tribulation.

In any case, I believe Tim has made an interesting and likely very valid observation about the alliance needing to form to ANIALATE ISRAEL ONCE AND FOR ALL--in terms of their INTENT. Thankfully, they will utterly fail.

They will be devastated and will suffer horrificaly for their treachery. I think the Bible is fairly clear about that.

I realize there are Bible detractors aplenty hereon who will scoff at such Biblical predictions. However, not a single detail of a Biblical prophecy whose time arrived . . . has EVER failed--to the letter.

Perhaps some will remember these humble words and reconsider the Bible's claims on truth about reality--particularly spiritual reality.

And this is just the warmup. LOL.

edit on 31/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: Fix an ex tag

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
interesting.

my conclusion based on the intel,

is

this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I can imagine the satanic globalists using Israel as they use any other nation including Iran, Russia, the USA etc.

I'm just skeptical that it will be Israel striking the USA even as a subtrafuge to blame it on Iran.

Iran has reportedly a number of nukes already--whether from Russia, Pakistan or North Korea.

And the Muslim activists/terrorists--whether from Iran or elsewhere are likely already in the USA WITH THEIR NUKES all set for the go-ahead from the supreme satanic globalist puppet masters.

I am of the bias that I expect the terrorist attacks to hit in the USA before the major "festivities" are lit off.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Who knows....

Probably very soon...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I'm just skeptical that it will be Israel striking the USA even as a subtrafuge to blame it on Iran.

Israel has tried it before:
the USS Liberty...911....probably other wars have been started this way to if one were to look
but hey lather rinse repeat

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I don't necessarily believe that Israel was integrally involved in 911. IT's possible. Certainly it was a globalist operation from the git-go.

I think it is still highly likely that WHEN any conflagration occurs in the MIddle East, Damascus will likely be nuked.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
According to Jeremiah and Zechariah it will be an act of God and will come from the sea:

'Concerning Damascus: “Hamath and Arpad are dismayed, for they have heard bad news. They are disheartened, troubled like[d] the restless sea. Damascus has become feeble, she has turned to flee and panic has gripped her anguish and pain have seized her, pain like that of a woman in labor. Why has the city of renown not been abandoned, the town in which I delight? Surely, her young men will fall in the streets; all her soldiers will be silenced in that day,” declares the Lord Almighty. “I will set fire to the walls of Damascus it will consume the fortresses of Ben-Hadad.”' Jeremiah 49:23-27

The footnotes at the bottom of the page, indicate "d" can be translated as "on or by".

'A prophecy: The word of the Lord is against the land of Hadrak and will come to rest on Damascus for the eyes of all people and all the tribes of Israel are on the Lord—[a] and on Hamath too, which borders on it, and on Tyre and Sidon, though they are very skillful. Tyre has built herself a stronghold; she has heaped up silver like dust, and gold like the dirt of the streets. But the Lord will take away her possessions and destroy her power on the sea, and she will be consumed by fire. Ashkelon will see it and fear; Gaza will writhe in agony, and Ekron too, for her hope will wither. Gaza will lose her king and Ashkelon will be deserted. A mongrel people will occupy Ashdod, and I will put an end to the pride of the Philistines. I will take the blood from their mouths, the forbidden food from between their teeth. Those who are left will belong to our God and become a clan in Judah, and Ekron will be like the Jebusites. But I will encamp at my temple to guard it against marauding forces. Never again will an oppressor overrun my people, for now I am keeping watch.' Zechariah 9:1-8

I would venture to guess, a terrible earthquake which produces a wave of water and fires from the calamity will reduce the rest to rubble.

For years I've told family members that this is the prophecy to watch.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
According to Jeremiah and Zechariah it will be an act of God and will come from the sea:

'Concerning Damascus: . . . “I will set fire to the walls of Damascus it will consume the fortresses of Ben-Hadad.”' Jeremiah 49:23-27

The footnotes at the bottom of the page, indicate "d" can be translated as "on or by".

'A prophecy: . . . . Those who are left will belong to our God and become a clan in Judah, and Ekron will be like the Jebusites. But I will encamp at my temple to guard it against marauding forces. Never again will an oppressor overrun my people, for now I am keeping watch.' Zechariah 9:1-8

I would venture to guess, a terrible earthquake which produces a wave of water and fires from the calamity will reduce the rest to rubble.

For years I've told family members that this is the prophecy to watch.

Very interesting points.

I believe most speculations about Damascus being nuked have to do with the impression from Scripture that it will be forever after

UNINHABITABLE.

Even in your verses above . . . 'set fire to the {STONE} walls' . . . is more indicative of nuclear force or God's supernatural fire from Heaven than a tsunami from the sea.

And, a tsunami from the sea would not leave Damascus uninhabitable forever.

A nuclear attack would tend to leave it uninhabitable for a very long time--much more toward the Biblical impression of forever, than would a tsunami flood.

imho.

[color=6699FF]I CERTAINLY agree--it IS a set of prophecies about Damascus that bear close watching. God is not to be mocked by the wise (or anyone else, really). He is VERY CAREFUL to perform HIS WORD precisely.
edit on 15/4/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I was just thinking of something else we might want to consider and that's Syria's stockpile of chemical weapons. Depending on what they have, how well it is secured and how these chemicals would react to water, fire and air in general, that could open a whole new can of worms. I was considering the explosion in West Texas and how they are saying water somehow mixed with the fertilizer causing it to ignite. Just pondering the notion.

I also wonder just how close the destruction of Damascus is to his Second Coming?? Off the top of my head I recall, when his feet touch down on the Mount of Olives, such a destructive earthquake happens that it changes the landscape (specifically thinking of the changes to the Dead Sea). These things could overlap and/or happen simultaneously where there would be no need for a thermonuclear bomb. In fact, a thermonuclear bomb would render much more than Damascus Syria as uninhabitable.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
I was just thinking of something else we might want to consider and that's Syria's stockpile of chemical weapons. Depending on what they have, how well it is secured and how these chemicals would react to water, fire and air in general, that could open a whole new can of worms. I was considering the explosion in West Texas and how they are saying water somehow mixed with the fertilizer causing it to ignite. Just pondering the notion.

Good points. Certainly such could go a long way toward making Damascus uninhabitable. I just doubt it would be all that "forever." But I'm far from an expert in such things.

I also wonder just how close the destruction of Damascus is to his Second Coming?? Off the top of my head I recall, when his feet touch down on the Mount of Olives, such a destructive earthquake happens that it changes the landscape (specifically thinking of the changes to the Dead Sea). These things could overlap and/or happen simultaneously where there would be no need for a thermonuclear bomb. In fact, a thermonuclear bomb would render much more than Damascus Syria as uninhabitable.

It seems to me that the CATCHING AWAY/RAPTURE will happen first. And the 2nd Coming MUST be His feet touching the Mt of Olives . . . causing the great earthquake where Shell geologists have found a fault precisely where the Bible says it would have to be to cause precisely that kind of earth change in that area.

YUP . . . getting far closer. May God have mercy on all of good heart and lead them deeply into Himself.
Thx for your kind reply.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
well, about those chemical weapons...

www.youtube.com...

seems like israel took action.

What to make of this?

EDIT: here is another angle: www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-5-2013 by ProfessorWonder because: (no reason given)

EDIT2: BBC link: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Yeah right... the Israelis are going to drop a nuke in the street they live on..., their immediate neighbour within 15 klms.... Have you considered how close Damascus is to Israel and the consequences of widespread nuclear fallout ? Ain't gonna happen unless Israel does a complete kamikaze/hari kari.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

hmm.. I believe thermonuclear bombs are fallout-free

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

What you are talking about is the Gog-Magog war that happens before the last war. Russia, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Sudan, Iraq and Egypt with the whole Muslim Brotherhood will attack Israel. Israel will be forced to use nuclear weapons. The bible clearly shows the results of nuclear war. All of the dead will have a massive grave in one place outside Israel either in the Golan or in Jordan by the Dead Sea. All of the weapons will be burned and anything found will have a marker put by it for the clean up teams to remove.

2/3rds of this invasion force will be buried here. The prophet also said that nobody will go by this site because of smell but he did not have any comprehension of radiation at the time.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorWonder
reply to post by LexiconV

hmm.. I believe thermonuclear bombs are fallout-free

If that were the case we would have used them against Iran's deep bunkers already. Its just a different type of way to explode and create a more powerful nuclear weapon in a smaller package.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorWonder
well, about those chemical weapons...

www.youtube.com...

seems like israel took action.

What to make of this?

EDIT: here is another angle: www.youtube.com...

EDIT2: BBC link: www.bbc.co.uk...

The massive explosion you see is a secondary one from the weapons already stored on site. You can see many videos of the same thing when weapon storage sites in Iraq got hit by Mortars from Insurgents. A larger air campaign would be required to take our Assad's Chemical weapons that he has all over the country.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
When will this all go down...when the comet (ISON) shall pass. My guesstimate is between Nov. 2013 through March 2014. Comet ISON will be used to strike prophetic horror into people and nations. What better time to war than when the Great King of Terror is prominently displayed in our day & night skies...

Keep an eye on December 21, 2013.

new topics

top topics

join